If you were in his situation let's say. Let's also say in that situation you were innocent. Would you be quick to protect someone who got you put in prison? To apologise to someone who had ruined your life? Didn't think so. And I'm saying IF

He could say something like, I dunno, maybe -

“I do remain limited at present by what I can say due to the ongoing referral to the Criminal Cases Review Commission and whilst I continue to maintain my innocence, I wish to make it clear that I wholeheartedly apologise for the effects that night in Rhyl has had on many people, not least the woman concerned.”

“It has been claimed that those using social media in an abusive and vindictive way towards this woman are supporters of mine. I wish to make it clear that these people are not my supporters and I condemn their actions entirely and will continue to do so,”

Just a hell of a lot sooner.

Edited by jorvik_latic

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She allegedly bragged about having sex with 2 footballers on Facebook a day later before deleting it which may have been recovered...

My point being If Ched Evans is found innocent of the crime he was jailed for then why would he see her as a victim? He claims innocence so why defend her against scum causing issues for her while he was jailed for something he hasn't done?

I no expert on this at all, just trying to play devils advocate. If it is overturned what happens to the girl? Especially if new evidence has been found that shows she possibly was more willing and more aware on the night than was first shown in evidence?

Edited by palmer1

Depending on the outcome of the appeal its strange how many on here will still want to protect the perceived victim. How very noble!

If the sentence is overturned he is an innocent man and becomes the victim.

If put in the same situation who else would make a statement supporting the woman's claims or indeed showing any remorse?

May I just add as much as you all want to label him a wrong un would you all be so proud to have brought a woman of such ill repute into the world? Labelling Evans as the only wrong un that night seems a little strange.

Edited by yarddog73

Is that even his official Twitter?

Ched Evans @ChedEvans09 Jan 8

I'd like to thank @OfficialOAFC for everything, the clubs call the shots I suppose also thanks everyone for your support1f44f.png#oafc #sufc

Ched Evans @ChedEvans09 Jan 14

Sad news that Simon is thinking of selling the club, media really take thing too far. Simon's a great man with great ambitions 1f44d.png#oafc

My objection to him has long since passed being only about the conviction and his guilt/innocence. He could have made a statement protecting the victim - not days or months but years before he did. When he did make it it wasn't out of a genuine sense of right or wrong but because it now suited his agenda.

Rapist or not the guy is clearly lacking any real sense of decency and in my eyes can get to :censored:.

His agenda of clearing his name and getting back into work, you mean?

If he is cleared of the crime which is looking likely, then HE becomes the victim and SHE is the one that can "get to :censored:". Oh wait, she already did get to :censored:. She got to :censored: 2 footballers, bragged about it then decided to ruin their lives in hope of hitting the "jackpot". (Allegedly)

Anyone that truly believes Evans is a monster rapist is just being naive and following the do-good trend of hatred towards him.

Most footballers get drunk and have sex. Hell, the captain of our national team has done it. George Best was a pro at it. A current premier league player has allegedly done it with a 15 year old. It happens on a daily basis. Most women just don't have the audacity to cry rape when they think they can get some cash out of it.

If he's cleared, or even if he's not, I'd watch him play football for Oldham if he was scoring goals. Served the time allocated to the crime he was found guilty of and now he is a free man.

My objection to him has long since passed being only about the conviction and his guilt/innocence. He could have made a statement protecting the victim - not days or months but years before he did. When he did make it it wasn't out of a genuine sense of right or wrong but because it now suited his agenda.

Rapist or not the guy is clearly lacking any real sense of decency and in my eyes can get to :censored:.

Not an opinion, but, if he's no longer a rapist, is she still a victim?

If he is cleared of the crime which is looking likely, then HE becomes the victim and SHE is the one that can "get to :censored:". Oh wait, she already did get to :censored:. She got to :censored: 2 footballers, bragged about it then decided to ruin their lives in hope of hitting the "jackpot". (Allegedly)

Anyone that truly believes Evans is a monster rapist is just being naive and following the do-good trend of hatred towards him.

Most footballers get drunk and have sex. Hell, the captain of our national team has done it. George Best was a pro at it. A current premier league player has allegedly done it with a 15 year old. It happens on a daily basis. Most women just don't have the audacity to cry rape when they think they can get some cash out of it.

If he's cleared, or even if he's not, I'd watch him play football for Oldham if he was scoring goals. Served the time allocated to the crime he was found guilty of and now he is a free man.

Why have you omitted the fact he was tacit in her hounding for months to the point she is under a witness protection programme in all but name. The fact that he fraudulently gained access to the room. The fact she was blind drunk (noted blank expression), did not want to be left alone in the room. And many other facts.

Not an opinion, but, if he's no longer a rapist, is she still a victim?

There is the whole avenue of assualted and a private prosecution to be looked into. If she can afford it, although it seems she has not got a daddy-in-law to fund it.

Why have you omitted the fact he was tacit in her hounding for months to the point she is under a witness protection programme in all but name. The fact that he fraudulently gained access to the room. The fact she was blind drunk (noted blank expression), did not want to be left alone in the room. And many other facts.

I am sure all facts will be presented at the appeal in due course, as your not privvy to the case notes or didn't sit in at the trial your speculation is worth the same as the next mans, let the justice system deal with it, if it is overturned he is not guilty - right?

We see where you are obviously coming from with this line which invalidates any logic you might be using in the previous points. Very narrow minded!

I am sure all facts will be presented at the appeal in due course, as your not privvy to the case notes or didn't sit in at the trial your speculation is worth the same as the next mans, let the justice system deal with it, if it is overturned he is not guilty - right?

No.

There are other avenues sucvh as private prosecutions that may yet be invoked. So it is too early to judge.

For example, I looked at the ruling of why the appeal was rejected. I did not just use Evans propaganda for my information.

And I am not making wild judgements on the basis of said speculation, unlike someone whos states " Anyone that truly believes Evans is a monster rapist is just being naive and following the do-good trend of hatred towards him." How can you make such an assertion, you can't, even if you have "privvy to the case notes or didn't sit in at the trial"

And I did not state either, I just pointed you omitted vital facts in your assessment.

You don't know why he made a statement, you can speculate and hold an opinion, but not claim it as fact.

No one as to like him, but he will be free to ply his trade like you or I. Without hindrance or the that person causing hindrance will be at fault.

1. You're right, I should have more clearly noted it as speculative. Well founded, I believe, but not fact.

2. If you look back I never opposed his signing on the grounds of his conviction - if our courts find him a free man we're not to judge that or we are implicit in making anarchic decisions, which makes no sense. I objected, as I've said, because of the way he conducted himself. That's not to say he wasn't free to play or be signed, just that I personally found it objectionable.

If you were in his situation let's say. Let's also say in that situation you were innocent. Would you be quick to protect someone who got you put in prison? To apologise to someone who had ruined your life? Didn't think so. And I'm saying IF

I can't speculate to that extent, as no one here could really, as to how I would behave. I would hope that I would conduct my defence and proclamations of innocence in a far more dignified and honourable way than he did. But I absolutely can't promise that. That said, I would hope to never put myself in his position (again, not that I could ever promise that).

For what it's worth if (classic "big IF" klaxon!) she is proven to have made this all up from the start then I would fully support her being prosecuted to the full extent of the law. That extent is, from my minimal reading, somewhat limited at the current time and that probably needs to be reviewed too. But now we're talking about a much, much wider issue.

What I would close by saying is that proven guilty or innocent in the long term there are a LOT of people defending what at this time is a convicted rapist, based on wild speculation and gossip - that I find distasteful.

No.

There are other avenues sucvh as private prosecutions that may yet be invoked. So it is too early to judge.

For example, I looked at the ruling of why the appeal was rejected. I did not just use Evans propaganda for my information.

And I am not making wild judgements on the basis of said speculation, unlike someone whos states " Anyone that truly believes Evans is a monster rapist is just being naive and following the do-good trend of hatred towards him." How can you make such an assertion, you can't, even if you have "privvy to the case notes or didn't sit in at the trial"

And I did not state either, I just pointed you omitted vital facts in your assessment.

It wasn't my assessment.

For what it's worth if (classic "big IF" klaxon!) she is proven to have made this all up from the start then I would fully support her being prosecuted to the full extent of the law. That extent is, from my minimal reading, somewhat limited at the current time and that probably needs to be reviewed too. But now we're talking about a much, much wider issue.

What I would close by saying is that proven guilty or innocent in the long term there are a LOT of people defending what at this time is a convicted rapist, based on wild speculation and gossip - that I find distasteful.

There must also be a distinction between him being found not guilty on appeal, and her having made it all up.

Agreed. Including one post above that not only seems to be blase about it, but the same with the fact a professional footballer (or for that matter, an adult) has allegedly had sex with a fifteen year old girl.

2. If you look back I never opposed his signing on the grounds of his conviction - if our courts find him a free man we're not to judge that or we are implicit in making anarchic decisions, which makes no sense. I objected, as I've said, because of the way he conducted himself. That's not to say he wasn't free to play or be signed, just that I personally found it objectionable.

If the conviction was overturned, it'd be difficult to still say he'd handled it badly. That almost reads as though you'd have accepted an apologetic rapist playing for us but not a non-apologetic player falsely accused of rape.

My issue is that we are not talking about just signing Ched Evans the footballer. On those terms it is a very dodgy decision being as he has been out of the game so long. It would take half a season to get match fit.

It is all the baggage that comes with it. The split, division and disruption to the team within the players,staff and their partners.

The abuse the fans and players will receive.

On those grounds alone, it is not worth it IMHO.

My issue is that we are not talking about just signing Ched Evans the footballer. On those terms it is a very dodgy decision being as he has been out of the game so long. It would take half a season to get match fit.

It is all the baggage that comes with it. The split, division and disruption to the team within the players,staff and their partners.

The abuse the fans and players will receive.

On those grounds alone, it is not worth it IMHO.

It was never worth it.

Let's be honest, the owners saw him as a chance to claw some of their money back and they nearly got away with it.

way to cherry pick bits to underline your bull:censored:

There is a "real possibility" that one day the twitter sphere will grow up and allow people to makeup there own minds after reading all the available evidence rather than blindly following what others say with no thought for the consequences.

It is beyond doubt that everybody is already a victim of what has happened and how it has been covered by social media. No body even a convicted rapist should have to put up with this modern trend of thoughtless action.

Should the "real possibility" become reality we must hope that all the victims, drunken lady included, should be allowed to get on with their lives but I very much doubt if 'social media' will be able to resist turning their gaze upon her.

The sensible thing for Evans would be for him to play his football abroad. He should not come anywhere near us as wounds and opinions are too deep.

way to cherry pick bits to underline your bull:censored:

Oh I'm awfully sorry. Did you want me to include every last detail of the case and present you with the longest, most informative post in the history of OWTB?

Like others, I have read what little information is out there and that is my opinion on it. My sincere apologies if my opinion doesn't perfectly coincide with yours but tough :censored:ing :censored:. Get over it!

If you believed you were innocent for a crime you were set to be convicted of, I'm sure your family and friends would also do all they could to prove your innocence. At no point did he ask people on social media to "hound" her.

I stayed in a hotel room with my cousin the other week that only he had paid for, does that mean I'm a fraud and shouldn't be able to work again?

Regarding her being blind drunk? :censored: right off. At no point on the CCTV does she even nearly fall over or even stumble. She even bends down to pick up her pizza in her heels. Not to mention the fact that her blood test showed that the amount of alcohol she had consumed would NOT be enough to suffer any memory loss or make her unable to make simple decisions.

"What I would close by saying is that proven guilty or innocent in the long term there are a LOT of people defending what at this time is a convicted rapist, based on wild speculation and gossip - that I find distasteful."

Or equally, distasteful in the sense that should his conviction be quashed, there will be a LOT of people who won't acknowledge his innocence?,

"What I would close by saying is that proven guilty or innocent in the long term there are a LOT of people defending what at this time is a convicted rapist, based on wild speculation and gossip - that I find distasteful."

Or equally, distasteful in the sense that should his conviction be quashed, there will be a LOT of people who won't acknowledge his innocence?,

Where has anyone said that?