Me thinks the damage is done and even if successful i doubt he would get a club higher than conference level if that.

Unfortunately with internet today these things don't fade away from the news like Lee Hughes issue did.

I'm not so sure, he seems to have a particularly strong arrogance and sense of entitlement about him.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me thinks the damage is done and even if successful i doubt he would get a club higher than conference level if that.

You're kidding, aren't you?! Latics were willing to sign him as a convicted rapist. Should his conviction be quashed, Corney and Barry would be all over him like a cheap suit. Unfortunately for them (hopefully) so would a whole host of other clubs.

The worst he'll do is a club at our level, surely?

Sheff Utd & us wanted him when he was a convicted rapist.

As an innocent man he'll have no shortage of suitors.

I still hope we steer clear though. Although I think the clincher will be him steering clear of us if he does end up with a shiny new legal status :lol:

If his conviction is quashed there will be bigger clubs than us willing to take a punt on him !

it would be nice to think that he would be on the blower to Corney asking for a chance but there is more likelihood that Judas will be knocking on his door right about now :chubb:

I'm not so sure, he seems to have a particularly strong arrogance and sense of entitlement about him.

He may be entitled to compensation in due course up to a max of £500,000.

http://www.falselyaccused.co.uk/wrongful-convictions/compensation-for-wrongful-imprisonment/

He could also get into the Welsh squad for the Euros next year, if they qualify.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/rapist-footballer-ched-evans-desperate-6001359

IF (thats a big if) his conviction is overturned he then becomes innocent.

I wonder how many on this forum are wiling to treat him as an innocent?

Being honest, that would really wrestle with my conscience.

If he gets his conviction quashed, I still think we should steer well clear on the grounds of disrupting the squad. AS others have said, that decision wil' be taken away. Can anyone else believe he has the honour to come back to who gave him a chance? Highest bidder gets him. He's got legal bills to pay back....

It would be hypocritical not to, many on here used the guilty verdict to hang him out to dry, if that is quashed he deserves to get on with his life like the rest of us.

It would be hypocritical not to, many on here used the guilty verdict to hang him out to dry, if that is quashed he deserves to get on with his life like the rest of us.

Can't see that happening, and as for that :censored: Jean Hatchett...

I know I would. Until then, not.

I wouldn't forgive Corney, Barry et al for putting us through that though. What a :censored:ing horrendous week that was. No doubt there will be some (if the conviction is quashed) who will say they were 'right' but that misses the point.

I know I would. Until then, not.

I wouldn't forgive Corney, Barry et al for putting us through that though. What a :censored:ing horrendous week that was. No doubt there will be some (if the conviction is quashed) who will say they were 'right' but that misses the point.

I agree with this. He would be free to carry on life as an innocent man.

I would remain free to maintain my view that he isn't the type I want here. I wouldn't be pleased to go to the awards night and find him on my table. And it's obvious he still has his troll army at large despite everything they did to the victim.

Even once his conviction is quashed, as it probably will be, his actions were still those of an utter wrong un.

Very true - if it's overturned he's innocent of rape but if it was my daughter he'd blagged his way into an hotel to have sex with after a text off his mate I'd want to snap both his legs off and feed them to him Edited by JWhite101

My objection to him has long since passed being only about the conviction and his guilt/innocence. He could have made a statement protecting the victim - not days or months but years before he did. When he did make it it wasn't out of a genuine sense of right or wrong but because it now suited his agenda.

Rapist or not the guy is clearly lacking any real sense of decency and in my eyes can get to :censored:.

My objection to him has long since passed being only about the conviction and his guilt/innocence. He could have made a statement protecting the victim - not days or months but years before he did. When he did make it it wasn't out of a genuine sense of right or wrong but because it now suited his agenda.

Rapist or not the guy is clearly lacking any real sense of decency and in my eyes can get to :censored:.

You don't know why he made a statement, you can speculate and hold an opinion, but not claim it as fact.

No one as to like him, but he will be free to ply his trade like you or I. Without hindrance or the that person causing hindrance will be at fault.

If you were in his situation let's say. Let's also say in that situation you were innocent. Would you be quick to protect someone who got you put in prison? To apologise to someone who had ruined your life? Didn't think so. And I'm saying IF

I tend to agree with this however if he is found innocent then she no longer becomes the victim does she. In fact she never was...

I tend to agree with this however if he is found innocent then she no longer becomes the victim does she. In fact she never was...

She was used for sex by two blokes, she's had to change her identity three times and as far as I am aware never claimed a penny in compensation.

I'd say that qualifies.