Barry Owen

Posted · Hidden by Ackey, January 6, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Ackey, January 6, 2015 - No reason given

I have Barry's personal email address if anyone wants it? PM me though, as I'm not putting it on here.

Also have Mr Corney's....!!

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barry's position as Trust chair was untenable after that awful Chron article a few months back bemoaning the lack of support from the town, that was about the 5th time he had cackhandedly done something similar and blame the customer for not buying the product.

If, it is proven that he was the driving force behind this move then I do not see how he can stay as Trust chair and as the rep on the board. Whether he stays on the board in another capacity is beyond my purview but I want him out from the Trust position and the seat on the board provided by our 3%.

As for his replacement? I have no idea, to be honest at this stage I don't care, I would rather have a period of no Trust person on the board of OAFC as the one we currently have doesn't make me rest easy.

Does anybody remember Barry's interview announcing the ticket price increase?

Within 25 seconds he was having a dig at fans potential concerns.

Less than 25 seconds! And there's the case for the prosecution m'lud, no further questions, your witness.

How this clown can be the chair of a Supporter's Trust organisation is beyond me. I've bitten my tongue in the past as I am sure the role he has isn't easy but in the aftermath of this mess he has to be shown the door.

We still do not know (for certain) if LJ wanted CE, SC wanted him or Barry offered to mediate or was asked to.

Until we do, nothing can be done.

Barry may have advised not to go for Evans, but then asked to do so.

He has questions to answer.

But I want the full cear facts first.

I'm onot MAtt Chambers, LJ's and Miek Keekgan on twitter as they are ones i trust, not new to the party journos.

We still do not know (for certain) if LJ wanted CE, SC wanted him or Barry offered to mediate or was asked to.

Until we do, nothing can be done.

Barry may have advised not to go for Evans, but then asked to do so.

He has questions to answer.

But I want the full cear facts first.

I'm onot MAtt Chambers, LJ's and Miek Keekgan on twitter as they are ones i trust, not new to the party journos.

Valid points and to an extent I agree which is why I have started some posts with "If it is proven that he has driven this through", but we could post many times where he has failed to live upto how I would expect the chair of a Supporter's Trust to act, as shown above, it took him all of 12 seconds to have a dig at the people he is filming a video for! Just what goes through his head?

The silence from Barry is deafening, if he is or isn't driving this through as a member of the Trust since the start I would have expected some sort of comment or attempt to get the members on side but so far, nothing.

What about forming some sort of Independent Supporters Association?

I think I'm right in saying certain well respected fellow fans have been attempting to get involved in the Trust and I also (rightly or wrongly) get the impression they've not had much success.

Maybe this could be a route to go down?

I've been on the Trust website and forum here but can't see a reference to the next meeting date. There must surely be one in the pipeline and if not then an extraordinary one surely needs to be arranged PDQ.

can't find a constitution on there either

I think I'm right in saying certain well respected fellow fans have been attempting to get involved in the Trust and I also (rightly or wrongly) get the impression they've not had much success.

This is a very good idea.

Agree there is a good number of intelligent fans who would do a far better job than Barry but feel with no success saying that when trust meetings only had a few bodies turn up and by all accounts one meeting before christmas those who did turn up felt annoyed that everything was rushed through and on number of occaisions not all of the board members turned up.

If they feel there is no benefit or nothing to be gained from it i can understand them not wanting to stand.

I think the majority are agreed that Barry has let down the fans badly in this episode even if he wasn't the "driving force" behind it although I happen to think he would have been given his previous actions. The question is what are we going to do about it? I think we should attempt to force him to stand down as chair of the trust. Some kind of protest on Saturday? Can we force an extraordinary trust meeting? If a significant proportion of fans sing "we want Barry out" during the next match there has to be some kind of reaction? Am I right in thinking that all season ticket holders are members of the trust? In which case we should be able to hold a vote of no confidence. If SC chooses to keep him on the board in a different capacity then that is up to him.

I think the majority are agreed that Barry has let down the fans badly in this episode even if he wasn't the "driving force" behind it although I happen to think he would have been given his previous actions. The question is what are we going to do about it? I think we should attempt to force him to stand down as chair of the trust. Some kind of protest on Saturday? Can we force an extraordinary trust meeting? If a significant proportion of fans sing "we want Barry out" during the next match there has to be some kind of reaction? Am I right in thinking that all season ticket holders are members of the trust? In which case we should be able to hold a vote of no confidence. If SC chooses to keep him on the board in a different capacity then that is up to him.

If there is a protest on Saturday I will attend. Either against Barry, the Board, or the signing.