Johnson to Barnsley

As opposed to the dogs abuse spouted by some at the end of the orient match?. LJ's demeanour during the post match interview on LW is telling. Sure he'd have been downbeat at the result but for me there was real hurt in his comments regarding the fans. Yet ever the PR man he is, still said good things about the fans.......but the majority deserved those words.

I wasn't there on Saturday to witness the frustration expressed by some of those present.

I was there at MK Dons where he came over to the fans, clearly apologising, asking for time, the opportunity to address the performance and saying 'I will sort it'.

He got a sympathetic hearing which would not have been received at almost any other club at any level.

Fans frustration will boil over, sometimes in a ridiculous manner - but some of the performances in the past few months have been unacceptable.

If he feels hurt by that reaction then he needs to remember the many occasions when he has been well received - and consider the lack of respect he has shown those fans by turning up to watch Barnsley this evening....If his current intentions are as they appear to be!!

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@matthewmurray87 Lee Johnson's assistant Tommy Wright was with him tonight. Openly telling people talks with Barnsley ongoing.

a scunny fan asked Johnson why he was there...

@ScottKilner yeah, playing barnsley soon. Thought he would catch a game while he could

If thats true why not go preston and watch them since we play them Saturday. He is off isnt he.

Coz he's seen them already?

Whether he's going or not, I'd have imagined all the scouting on PNE will have been done and this week will be spent preparing for the game with the information already collected. It seems logical to have watched either Vale, Yeovil, Barnsley or MK with the fixtures we have coming up, and I think only Barnsley played last night from that list...

There's no way he left because of a little bit of abuse for a handful of fans at a match. He was absolutely hounded at Bristol for being the manager's son for years, and given the reaction by Barnsley fans, he can expect lots of reactionary abuse to come if he doesn't succeed fast. The decision to leave clearly explains his pathetic post-match interview as well at Orient - he sounded half-hearted and uncommitted in that.

The real fact that is difficult to accept is that the club are nothing but a shop window for every member of playing and coaching staff that walks through the door. Anybody that was even remotely arsed about anything other than their own prospects would've seen out the season, especially given the potential length of career possible in football management and the context of the club's mini-revival after an extended plight at the bottom of the league.

You'd think it's courtesy to reward the loyalty and faith shown by the club to at least end the season with them, but it's football and as is always said, fans should expect this sort of jump-ship.

(If it happens!)

The club is a treadmill, just going nowhere but round and round, if they get a half decent manager, player, or loanee he's taken off the treadmill and sold/moved on until eventually the thing breaks down. Unfortunately these days a club needs big money to avoid this cycle of monotony. Edited by BP1960

@matthewmurray87 Lee Johnson's assistant Tommy Wright was with him tonight. Openly telling people talks with Barnsley ongoing.

a scunny fan asked Johnson why he was there...

@ScottKilner yeah, playing barnsley soon. Thought he would catch a game while he could

I'd like to think that Tommy is being a mischievous little scamp, winding everyone up.

I think whats key about all this is that even if he doesn't leave us for Barnsley, the fact that he is surely strongly considering it does not bode well.
I mean, it's Barnsley for heavens sake! What happens if a Championship side comes available or a top 6 League One side??? I personally believe he's off and has wanted this since Ched saga / poor Dec (just my opinion). He talks about loyalty and building something but then looks at the grass on the other side, very poor for me.

I think he should go, we get compensation and hopefully bring in someone with pedigree (doubt this will happen as SC is never here and has little to no interest anymore, at least, that's how it looks from here).

Upset with this.

:(

There must be a lot of broken hearted women in Oldham if this is how people are reacting to a manager leaving for a bigger club. Every woman in Oldham must have professed undying love and devotion to the men folk of Oldham and each and everyone of them must have been the dumpee rather than the dumper.

Managers come, managers go, I'd like Lee to stay but my toys stay in my pram whatever happens.

I think whats key about all this is that even if he doesn't leave us for Barnsley, the fact that he is surely strongly considering it does not bode well.

I mean, it's Barnsley for heavens sake! What happens if a Championship side comes available or a top 6 League One side???

Barnsley are 4 points away from being a top 6 side....

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that he could take them into the playoffs if he gets the job....

Sounds like he's met with Barnsley officials and if so you would think he's also had permission from Corney & Co.

If that's the case you would also think the club would have kept the fans informed of developments.

Very disappointed if true as he's not really been true to his word and hasn't achieved anything as yet. As far as I'm aware this was his first opportunity to move on...how very loyal.

He said recently that he had a real affiliation with the club and fans and loved the place and his job...yeah right.

On the other side of the coin perhaps the club has taken the money (compo) to help finance the completion of the stand.

Whatever the reason it looks like continuity has been broken yet again.