New Kit 2015/16

I quite like the colours and kit design. I think it's the sponsor and new badge that make it look tacky. I don't hate the new badge but I'm not a big fan of it's shape and size, and the sponsors logo is just awful and far too big. Having said all that in the pictures it looks like the Sondico kits maybe of better quality than the previous manufacturers which can only be a good thing. I think I'll end up getting one of these.

Is it just me that thinks the sports direct logo wouldn't look too bad on the new kit? The new logo just seems a bit tacky being blue on blue.

I'd imagine it is just me...

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see your point but it's hardly a dinner jacket, just a better class of scally wear. A football shirt is always going to be scally wear if worn anywhere other than a football pitch/ground.

True that, but if it was a nice stylish Nike (or other decent manufacturer) one, Id happily fork out £50+ as long as a decent % of proceeds went to latics, Id wear it to squash and tennis etc, but Id never buy one of these substandard scally brands

Each to their own. Personally if I need to buy some sportswear for the sports I am interested in playing, I would sooner opt for Nike than Carbrini, Sondico, Fila or Umbro. Or the ultimate Scally wear - Adidas.

Its all brainwashed marketing indoctrination I know, but Nike generally produce slightly less remedial/childish/garish, and much better quality products than the aforementioned.

Wish we had Adidas or Nike making the kits. You can just tell the difference between their standards and the likes of Carbrini, Sondico, Diadora. Can't put your finger on it but there's something about our kits that just look lower league, whereas the teams with the better brands seem a bit more professional - you could see them playing in the Prem.

The best in League 1 last season were Bradford, Preston and Sheffield United. I'd have bought the kit to play sports in if ours looked like that, as much as the new kit is decent I still wouldn't buy it. Maybe I'm a kit snob but there's probably quite a few others the same.

Edited by NewBlue

We must have different views what a scally is. Im thinking sweaty pricks wearing no top on the bus listening to :censored: music on speaker in nike jogging bottoms and trainers. Probably on his way to meet his mates who are currently intimidating old ladies outside tesco in their nike hoodies or nike basketball tops and nike caps.

My preference is a kit made just for us, rather than choosing a design from a catalogue. Fleetwood and Rotherham essentially have the same kit for next season.

If we did have to have Puma Nike or Adidas, I'd want it as plain as possible, like Preston's selections.

But I'm not a fan of changing our look so much. I'd like some continuity. So if we're all blue with red trim then stick to it, with a different design each season of course. Or if we decide we're blue with white shorts, stick to that for a good few years.

Really like the simplicity of the new kits, but also that they stand out.

We must have different views what a scally is. Im thinking sweaty pricks wearing no top on the bus listening to :censored: music on speaker in nike jogging bottoms and trainers. Probably on his way to meet his mates who are currently intimidating old ladies outside tesco in their nike hoodies or nike basketball tops and nike caps.

Yeah in the civilised world I live in, I wouldnt step near a bus or a tescos ;)

Wish we had Adidas or Nike making the kits. You can just tell the difference between their standards and the likes of Carbrini, Sondico, Diadora. Can't put your finger on it but there's something about our kits that just look lower league, whereas the teams with the better brands seem a bit more professional - you could see them playing in the Prem.

The best in League 1 last season were Bradford, Preston and Sheffield United. I'd have bought the kit to play sports in if ours looked like that, as much as the new kit is decent I still wouldn't buy it. Maybe I'm a kit snob but there's probably quite a few others the same.

i for one am exactly the same. total kit snob. i buy kits from time to time for running and sport. if we had a nike, adidas or umbro kit i would buy it pretty much without question. but as it is, it is a long, long time since i picked up an oldham kit and although this one is definitely a huge improvement, i can't see me getting it.

We must have different views what a scally is. Im thinking sweaty pricks wearing no top on the bus listening to :censored: music on speaker in fake nike jogging bottoms and trainers. Probably on his way to meet his mates who are currently intimidating old ladies outside tesco in their fake nike hoodies or fake basketball tops and fake nike caps.

ftfy

• 2 weeks later...

I bought every shirt for a while there, but never wore them once away from a 5-a-side pitch or BP. Not got a single one with the new badge though. Is this going to be the year I put that to right? I will wait to hear what the quality is like I think.

Is the home kit on sale from today?

Last year there was a big push announcing the sale at the SD store in Oldham.

With a much more positive feedback on this seasons design I would have tgat the club would have been advertising the release date during this week?!