New Kit 2015/16

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it and I'm a traditionalist who always wanted us to revert to the 1950s kit. Best in a long time, so well done.

This thread proves one thing: You can please all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but never all of the people all of the time.

I can't see a third kit being necessary unless we draw Crystal Palace or Dagenham and suchlike away in the cup.

My twopenneth, for what it's worth, as someone who's resigned to the fact that Latics kits are now crap and won't be added to my collection of five-a-side attire:

The design's okay and going for something based on the good old days was a good move. But it looks cheap and nasty. And it doesn't help that I still hate that badge.

I'm entertained by the euphoria around the unveiling of a button, which neither player has fastened in the pictures.

Clearly there are hugh similarities to the kits we had during the "Pinch Me" era and given that its 25 years since we won the Second Division Championship I doubt that is by accident.

Shame that we couldn't have persuaded Bovis to be the new sponsor and the retro look would have been complete.

We had an all white away kit back in those days that we only used against teams in claret and blue if I recall (plus Palace). Think the only time we used it durng the promotion season was West Ham (L 2-0 on boxing day)

Look OK to me. Haven't bought a kit in the last 5 years or so, but if the quality was OK I might be tempted this time round.

For those that are trying to create / claim some sort of traditional kit for Latics I think (sadly) that horse bolted years ago. We are now one of may clubs that doesn't have a strong kit identity - and to get one would mean sticking with something for 10 years at least, and we barely manage a season without a change to the socks / shorts / adding white / adding red etc.

The away kit is even worse - we have had all manner of efforts. Personally I like the idea of a hint of orange on the home kit and a predominantly orange away kit - but we cannot and will not stick to it, and others will always disagree.

It might be the picture but to me that doesn't look like a true red, and is somewhere in between red and tangerine.

Anybody else agree?

Yep ,

Whether i am seeing it as tangerine because that's what i wanted i don't know ?