New Kit 2015/16

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't like the 89:/90 kit when it came out and an imitation of that doesn't appeal. I can appreciate why it's been produced , and the association with success, but far too little white for me.

Ideally , like BristolLatic and others it would be resonant of the thirds blue and white stripe, but even if not that then more white.

However regardless of the design it's Latics and it seems there'll be a good few bought so that's good for the club.

Show me a modern football shirt that isn't scally wear.

I dont think there are any that wouldnt be worn by scallies but Nike definitely do more tasteful shirts in general that you wouldnt feel like a wrong un to wear.

the English, Dutch and USA home shirts are very tasteful for example http://store.nike.com/gb/en_gb/pd/2014-netherlands-match-home-football-shirt/pid-873596/pgid-10088116

I dont think there are any that wouldnt be worn by scallies but Nike definitely do more tasteful shirts in general that you wouldnt feel like a wrong un to wear.

the English, Dutch and USA home shirts are very tasteful for example http://store.nike.com/gb/en_gb/pd/2014-netherlands-match-home-football-shirt/pid-873596/pgid-10088116

And the new Inter shirt is a thing of beauty.

Seeing as Rangers kits are supplied by Puma I'm not quite understanding the references.

Agent Green signed lots of lucrative deals for Rangers which are still bobbing along nicely. No doubt SD will have a say in the next one

I see your point but it's hardly a dinner jacket, just a better class of scally wear. A football shirt is always going to be scally wear if worn anywhere other than a football pitch/ground.

The last one with the old badge, 2010-12

Carbrini-Oldham-Athletic-Home-Kit-2010-1

This was the last good shirt we had

This new one is not as bad as the last couple for sure.

For the record I would prefer blue and white and bring back the tangerine away kit.

I quite like the colours and kit design. I think it's the sponsor and new badge that make it look tacky. I don't hate the new badge but I'm not a big fan of it's shape and size, and the sponsors logo is just awful and far too big. Having said all that in the pictures it looks like the Sondico kits maybe of better quality than the previous manufacturers which can only be a good thing. I think I'll end up getting one of these.