League 1 Activity

After having sold Conor Washington for £2.5m Posh are at it again....signed two lads from non league Nuneaton. One of them is the son of Steve Chettle ( ex Forest )

Be interesting to see if they make another massive profit a couple of years down the line!!!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Massive turnaround at Bradford. Fleetwood and Shrewsbury look like the ones we will have to catch...

Chesterfield have also been dropping like a rock. Now they've lost their captain. It's all about who goes on the bad run and gets sucked in from this point.

BTW - that bastard Lee Gregory missed a penalty.

I don't know if it's been mentioned but Tom Nicols has signed for Peterborough, I think judging by the signings they've made after selling CW they have won the transfer window for league 1

Seen Nichols play a lot over the last few years. Except for last year he hasn't always been a starting striker at Exeter. He isn't that tall or strong and while he isn't slow, he won't be beating defenders for pace regularly.

What he does have is very good instincts in the penalty box, he wins a lot of free kicks against centre backs and gets away with a lot due to his lack of size (reminds me a bit of Dickov in that respect). This season he's added a few screamers from long range which have probably increased his value.

I think he'll probably do well at this level with the right service but not sure that he'll be a striker that Championship teams pay millions for like Washington.

Archived