• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They matched a bid for a player from Carlisle the other week of 300k. Think he went to Huddersfield in the end, but Barnsley matched their offer. Where has this myth come from that they don't have any money....?

I was talking to someone at the club last night who knows johnson and apparently johnson has threatened to walk away twice. A deal was suppose to be done with barnsleys owner selling land for 20mill and johnson was promised a 4mill budget but the deal fell through so he didnt get the budget he was told.

I was talking to someone at the club last night who knows johnson and apparently johnson has threatened to walk away twice. A deal was suppose to be done with barnsleys owner selling land for 20mill and johnson was promised a 4mill budget but the deal fell through so he didnt get the budget he was told.

As much as take everything on here with a massive pinch of salt I hope to God thats true the little runt!

Oh yes, me too.

Johnson tried to sign forte and kelly in june for £750k but a deal fell through which resulted in him having no transfer money so came back in with 150k for forte corney rejected it. Bolton offered conor wilkinson to them for 75k and they couldnt afford that. So no idea where they will get the money for forte

:lol:

Your going to have to try harder than that.

According to a journo on Twitter forte is confirmed as in talks with Barnsley possible done deal by weekend.

This may be why Poleon was played on the left wing for parts of the match.

Forte would be a huge miss, his general play as much as his goals. A quality League 1 attacker and one of the few almost irreplaceable players in the team.

What is the journo's @?

Edited by NewBlue

Think it would be silly to turn down any fee for Forte, take his wages out as well and it could fund another two players.

His career record and performances in the second half of the season suggest pre-Christmas was a real purple patch, add in his injury problems as well.

I'd prefer he stays and the board who are desperate to reach the Championship to fund the additions to help take us there.

That would be good. Although I'm not convinced he gets in to our strongest team anyway. Especially with his form after Christmas and his injury record. Suspect it's similar to elokbobi in relation to wages and game time.

Edited by welshgaz

I'm in the I'd like him to stay camp but quite happy to see him go if it funds a decent centre half and David Dunn.

This is where I am at, if he could be injury free we would be fighting off suitors, if he is going to go then so be it and thanks for the 1st half of last season.