New Manager Thread [Mergomatic Active]

I'm dreading the appointment myself, it will just prompt another OWTB meltdown whoever it is

Rubbish.

Any from that list, excluding Feeney, will go down reasonably well. None are Shez, but most fans can see how they are decent considering our constraints.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rubbish.

Any from that list, excluding Feeney, will go down reasonably well. None are Shez, but most fans can see how they are decent considering our constraints.

"The board are delighted to announce Warren Feeney as our new manager..."

Whoever they sign he needs to have a knowledge of L1 level players he may be able to bring in. I don't know if any of the candidates mentioned have that. Particularly McCall.

This is another from the "he'll bring the youth players through because he's been coaching youth" envelope...

Some on here have got an encyclopedic knowledge of currently playing footballers in all leagues.

What gives you the idea that someone like Stuart McCall - who makes a living in the game, and has done for years, and has long intended to do so once again at this very level - wouldn't know even more than our anoraks, not to mention have masses of contacts (who, again, make their living in the game) who he can ask for 2nd & 3rd opinions if he's thinking of signing a player?

Edited by HarryBosch

"The board are delighted to announce Warren Feeney as our new manager..."

Some jokes are not funny - that :censored: should have been charged with fraud, impersonating a striker. Yes my dislike for him is bordering on the psychotic but 'we' don't care :coffee1:

Anyhow Stuart McCall would be a great choice - experienced manager and a name that is respected in football - his hard man attitude and philosophy would work well.

Of course our club would just be a stepping stone to something else but I can accept that, its a more open and honest position and honesty has been in short supply around Latics recently.

Edited by Stagger Lee

For major events bookies use researchers and spend time calculating probabilities before calculating odds.

For most managerial job vacancies it's a quick bit of throwing names into the pot then reacting to bets . It may be that once McCall was known to be looking for a job then BCFC fans started putting a few quid on .

I've no idea who is going to be our new manager - not much different to the bookies at present