Matt Palmer

From that you would have to say that Burton have no intention of wanting Matty Palmer back for the forseeable future. Maybe he is surplus to requirements full stop.

If that's the case we need to agree a deal in principal....a pre contract if at all possible. Him and Holloway are absolutely vital to our hopes of staying up, with Lafferty having already gone back to Burnley if we lost both for any reason I reckon our chances of avoiding the drop would be severely diminished.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that's the case we need to agree a deal in principal....a pre contract if at all possible. Him and Holloway are absolutely vital to our hopes of staying up, with Lafferty having already gone back to Burnley if we lost both for any reason I reckon our chances of avoiding the drop would be severely diminished.

Lafferty's emergency loan ends on the 5th of March so he is available for the next 2 matches.

What has he got on his head?

:afro:

Give me a head with hair, long beautiful hair.

Shining, gleaming, streaming, flaxen, waxen.

Give me down to there hair, shoulder length or longer hair

Here baby, there, momma, ev'rywhere, daddy, daddy.

Hair, hair, hair, hair, hair

Hair, hair, hair. Flow it, show it, long as I can grow it, my hair.

Surely this could have been agreed (or not agreed) & sorted a week or two ago providing Burton didn't suddenly need him back after this weekend?

You'd have thought it was just a matter of a couple of faxes or emails being sent this morning.....

I would hazard a guess that Matt has never seen a fax

Yeh that is set my an Independant panel isn't it? Wouldn't be £100,000 I woukdn't have thought!

Didn't a tribunal set a fee for a far less experienced Dale Stephens at £100k? I can't see it being less than that figure for a player with as many games as Palmer under his belt.

Are tribunal fees not set on how much Burton have spent on his developent, ie Youth training, wages in youth, reserve and first team, and also training costs over xxx amount of years? I dont think appearances plays a part does it? We will likely get stung because they use St Georges and could cost us a bomb!

Are tribunal fees not set on how much Burton have spent on his developent, ie Youth training, wages in youth, reserve and first team, and also training costs over xxx amount of years? I dont think appearances plays a part does it? We will likely get stung because they use St Georges and could cost us a bomb!

First team appearances are taken into account as part of the tribunal's vaulation, as well as development costs and the terms of the contracts offered by the two clubs.

Could we have a confession/repent thread for situations like this? After all, Latics have given up losing for Lent.

That'd be entertaining.

Forgive me OWTB, for I have sinned; I repeatedly said Matt Smith would never make it as a professional footballer.

Matt Palmer could potentially be recalled by Burton before end of season, but not for 28 days. Boost ahead of Vale game tomorrow. #oafc

He won't be able to play against Burton and the 28 days minimum period covers five games expiring the day before the Chesterfield game.