Matt Palmer

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was limping for most of the 2nd half...

I noticed that and was amazed he was not subbed, it was like playing with 10 men.

What's more amazing is the management team could see he was hobbling, Palmer looked at them in some pain yet they never thought to send the physio on.

TBF why would you want to play against your parent club, it leaves you open to all sorts of accusations if you score an own goal for example, I am no way saying this would happen but the last thing you want is a load of suspicion hanging over your head, it could ruin your football career.

You may have seen the Twitter abuse by Cardiff fans to our Gerrard.

I noticed that and was amazed he was not subbed, it was like playing with 10 men.

What's more amazing is the management team could see he was hobbling, Palmer looked at them in some pain yet they never thought to send the physio on.

They did the same with Poleon at Shrewsbury

It's all a bit Dave Bassett. I like it.

Port Vales scout did a good job. First 25 minutes he was targeted and bullied out of the game. Couldn't move a yard without having someone snapping at his heels

Yet we gave Anthony Grant the freedom of the park.

But can he do it on a cold Tuesday night vs Port Vale?

Nope!

Special? Looks good but let's not get carried away

He's played a lot of games in a short time after not playing at all. The pitch really didn't help him or Jones.

• 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I went to watch Burton play brilliantly to beat Leicester 2-1 tonight. Matty Palmer was outstanding and outshone Mahrez, who was subbed after an hour.

https://www.burtonalbionfc.co.uk/siteassets/image/galleries/leicester-vs-bafc/img_0259_john.jpg/Medium

Edited by Diego_Sideburns
Picture link added.

2 minutes ago, Diego_Sideburns said:

I went to watch Burton play brilliantly to beat Leicester 2-1 tonight. Matty Palmer was outstanding and outshone Mahrez, who was subbed after an hour.

Have you got him in the boot of your car Diego?

4 minutes ago, Diego_Sideburns said:

He and I will be at BP next Wednesday - the return of the Matt - unfortunately he'll be wearing a yellow shirt.

I'll be the first to point out that singing his name in appreciation during the 90 mins will result in an Iniesta-level performance from the permed playmaker.

On 01/08/2017 at 11:16 PM, JohnnyPimp said:

I'll be the first to point out that singing his name in appreciation during the 90 mins will result in an Iniesta-level performance from the permed playmaker.

Clap him on to the pitch, applaud when his name is read out, boo him every time he touches the ball and then applaud him off the pitch is the way forward.