Winding up Order OAFC2004

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we put all the bitching and taunting aside for a minute (and I said two or three pages ago that common sense comments were giving way to arguing), the top and bottom of it is that we are financially strapped. But we've know that for years. It's nothing new. It went on long before SC & Co rode into town.

It's fairly much agreed that we will always struggle with the level of support that comes through the BP gates. Some are taking that as some of us blaming the fans and no one else. Not true. Conversely, others are laying blame solely and entirely at Corney's door. Again, it cannot be true. There has to be some apportioning of blame, fault, call it what you will.

We all know that the board have made mistakes, but what bothers me is that it is taken as gospel that the board is siphoning off money for means other than football related matters. I can't keep up with every coming and going of the club's finances, so will someone please indulge me and provide some concrete evidence that income is going straight to Brassbank, across the Atlantic, into SC's arse pocket or anywhere else?

I'll accept that such evidence may have been produced before, so I'll apologise if that's the case. But to me as a (distant) bystander, it's more than likely a case of money coming in just doesn't cover all the bills. And, speaking of which, does anyone know how much it costs per week/month/year to pay all those bills? That's from the tea lady and the bloke who cleans the windows to players/coaches wages to HMRC. Now THAT would be interesting.

In the meantime, boys and girls, shall we revert to being sensible and move away from this playground nah ne nah ne nah nah malarkey?

Spot on Bristol

If we put all the bitching and taunting aside for a minute (and I said two or three pages ago that common sense comments were giving way to arguing), the top and bottom of it is that we are financially strapped. But we've know that for years. It's nothing new. It went on long before SC & Co rode into town.

It's fairly much agreed that we will always struggle with the level of support that comes through the BP gates. Some are taking that as some of us blaming the fans and no one else. Not true. Conversely, others are laying blame solely and entirely at Corney's door. Again, it cannot be true. There has to be some apportioning of blame, fault, call it what you will.

We all know that the board have made mistakes, but what bothers me is that it is taken as gospel that the board is siphoning off money for means other than football related matters. I can't keep up with every coming and going of the club's finances, so will someone please indulge me and provide some concrete evidence that income is going straight to Brassbank, across the Atlantic, into SC's arse pocket or anywhere else?

I'll accept that such evidence may have been produced before, so I'll apologise if that's the case. But to me as a (distant) bystander, it's more than likely a case of money coming in just doesn't cover all the bills. And, speaking of which, does anyone know how much it costs per week/month/year to pay all those bills? That's from the tea lady and the bloke who cleans the windows to players/coaches wages to HMRC. Now THAT would be interesting.

In the meantime, boys and girls, shall we revert to being sensible and move away from this playground nah ne nah ne nah nah malarkey?

As top of the OWTB Euros prediction league by a country mile, who do you predict as the next manager?

This is why fans should be doing everything we can for the club. Buying season tickets get the club shirt. Having a pint at the game/buying food. We aren't a big club the money generated by the fans is essential at this level. Time we acted instead of moaning about it. Yes people blame corney so have I over the years but he could of jumped like the other two did and left us without an owner and a chance of admin etc. He is always happy to admit we work to tight budgets only way to improve that is fans coming in the gates.

This!

Spot on, great post!

you know better than that Bristol no being objective and talking sence much better to wildly speculate on half truths and romours to fit your agenda

It's been paid a month ago or so.

It's saturday.

Go enjoy yourselves.

Start worrying again on Monday when you are sat behind a desk at work trying not to do any work.

We'll all be full of hopeless optimism come 6th August when the season starts anyway.

As top of the OWTB Euros prediction league by a country mile, who do you predict as the next manager?

Me. I'm a dab hand at FM16.

you know better than that Bristol no being objective and talking sence much better to wildly speculate on half truths and romours to fit your agenda

Sorry, I'll try to reign in my sensible side.

It's been paid a month ago or so.

It's saturday.

Go enjoy yourselves.

Start worrying again on Monday when you are sat behind a desk at work trying not to do any work.

We'll all be full of hopeless optimism come 6th August when the season starts anyway.

I retired yesterday. Is it OK if I worry at home instead?

So this is where we are:

After 12yrs of circumstances and poor judgments of which we all suffer, we are still in L1. The following is not a full list of clubs subjected to worse circumstances and judgments and it doesn’t include regular big city clubs but there are quite a few of those who have visited us over the last 12yrs. Sheffield United seem reluctant to leave and Portsmouth who fell through the floor.

Plymouth, Carlisle, Luton, Notts County, York, Newport, Grimsby, Tranmere, Wrexham, Lincoln, Chester, Stockport, Darlington, Mansfield.

You may wish to offer a list of clubs like ours who have done better but first check out the owner and their connection with the club, not least any unconditional financial commitment they may have made.

The dream started to sour in 2005 the housing boom started to slow before prices started to fall, and then recession hit. TTA’s grand plan for the land they had purchased blown out of the water before the sail had been put up. Moving to Failsworth (not a first option) mired in controversy, the Ford Stand flattened (not necessary in my view). We were just lurching from one disaster to the next and not all down to TTA’s ineptitude. Hind sight is a wonderful debating tool but quite useless. Then of course the new North Stand. There was nothing wrong with the concept of its facilities but obviously without the funding in place a disaster waiting to happen. Reading between the lines the escalating cost of the North Stand could be the reason for Johnson’s departure and recently Sheridan’s. All real fans will no doubt be able to add something to this overall scenario.

Today a club statement says the liability concerning the winding up order was paid last month. This could be before much of the fire sale had been completed, including Sheridan. I have to wonder, if the club is stuffed (which is where we are now) why did TTA avoid bumping us on Monday? The effort has left us with no manager and very few players weeks before training starts.

If the fire sale was to service a debt where is the money coming from to hire a new manager and possibly a dozen players.

It doesn’t stack up. Unless there is new money on the horizon.

Edited by mikeroyboy

I am concerned for lots of reasons. Like Magister and Bristol said it'sa mixed message.

I respect that running this football club is a very difficult task.

On the other hand Roughyeds went to court and negotiated, regularly. I did a rough count with Winding Up orders approaching double figures.

HMRC don't issue winding-up orders on a whim. Either the tax was substantially overdue or we're serial offenders.

The most worrying aspect is the timing. It's clear that we've failed to pay a crown debt despite the incoming season ticket money. Proof if ever it was needed that we're plugging holes left, right and centre.

Spot on Johnny. I got flamed on here by some last month for posting what I'd heard re the club being put into admin when all the Shez to Notts County rumours started circulating. Now it seems that actually there WAS a winding up petition/order in place last month! Wonder if the Shez compo offset that particular liability?

It's about time people woke up and realised what's happening to the club. We've been living hand to mouth for months/years, and the next winding up order or unpaid bill won't be far away!

Ah can't take a sensible comment. Tell us what changes you want then specifically. Also have you got notes from your last protest group meeting to show the clear path forward you were discussing. Also the 1st meeting you had with the club, I'very asked numerous times for some notes from that to see the questions and answers. Not much to ask is it?

Ask simon brooke he sorted the meeting. I know it might be difficult foe someone with no brain to understand but I didnt imagine that 9months later some clown on the web would be asking for notes and i don't answer to your beck and call, if you want answers sort your own meeting out.

You keep mentioning that I ignore things, I will ask you AGAIN what is your problem with me?

For those that wonder what the true state of the finances are, there was a snapshot 6 years ago, of the books in 2008.

Ah, I think you'll say, that was ages ago.

But if you read, I think quite a number will remain simular

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php/topic/28647-visit-to-look-at-the-accounts/page-1?hl=accounts

2,800 Season ticket holders

50/50 split in Season tickets holders/ Pay on the gate for the attendance

(600K income matchday)

Directors owed £3/4-£1m

Loans £4m

TV money was small and in effect OThers

No Inland Revenue debts

"It is for this reason that Simon Corney states that there is no way that they would leave the club in administration, as although the club would not be able to operate at the same levels of expenditure without finding other investors, there would be no creditors with a claim against the club."

BP not owned by OAFC, OAFC assets are £700k mainly buildings and equipment not players

"Players are valued only based upon what we have paid for them and are amortised/written off over the duration of their contract. These valuations include additional costs such as agents fees on top of any transfer fees. Players for whom we have paid no fee are not given a value on the balance sheet. This is normal accounting practice. In reality, a player’s value cannot be readily defined and so it is sensible to to assign a notional value in the accounts"

£640K income from FL, sponships, TV money etc

Commercial income including sponsorship, merchandise, programmes etc. was just over £800k

Total Income £2m per year

Youth Dev grant totalled £160k but did not cover costs

EXPENSES

Ground £640K (Mainly maintnence)

nee off Safety Cert Jobs 100K

Costs for BRoadway Stand were £89K

WAGE Bill £1.6m Inc £152K loan waged, but not hotel/accommodation costs

Other costs £10K or soe

TOTAL APPROX COSTS £2.3m (I think that is read correctly)

Estimated LEague Income (Not attendance) loss for relegation £200K

At the Time of our £1.6m Wage Bill, Leeds/Norwich was £6-£7m,

Swindon, Millwall, Colchester, Hudders et al were about £4/5mil..

All that info, and so many focussed on pies...!

There is a youtube video as well lad of the whole meeting from the other week. If your that interested come along next time we don't discriminate nobheads like you are allowed.

You really aren't creating any trust and respect if you keep insulting and using abusive language.

Someone is questioning your arguments - is there any need to to respond like you are doing?

It's a bit worrying if you carry on like that when you are speaking with the club .

You really aren't creating any trust and respect if you keep insulting and using abusive language.

Someone is questioning your arguments - is there any need to to respond like you are doing?

It's a bit worrying if you carry on like that when you are speaking with the club .

Fair comment.

I apologize to the person in question.

Exactly the kind of response Id expect from a imbecile.

Carry on and you'll lose your status. You are not winning anybody over with such behaviour.

I suggest you visit other clubs' meetings to get experience, you're miles off.

It's at times like this OAFC0000 usually comes out to play.

I gave up a long time ago mate :)

Still lurking, still seeing the usual suspects saying "Nothing to see here"...

Its actually the first time in months I have been on and all hell is breaking lose... Or as we call it, business as usual....