Ex players and that

That reminds me re: Peter Clarke - Unsworth’’s media line was “I’ll let Peter tell you all what his future plans are, it’s not my place to” but then was anything ever said by Clarke? Thought he’d go into coaching, would’ve liked that to start with us at some level.

20 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Jordan windass playing for Darlington

Peter Clarke playing for Warrington town

Does that mean Windass has left or is he there on a trial basis?  Hope he does leave as it will be better for him playing regular football and we would save a small (probably very small) amount on wages.  Good luck to the guy if he goes.

1 minute ago, Sparkleking said:

Does that mean Windass has left or is he there on a trial basis?  Hope he does leave as it will be better for him playing regular football and we would save a small (probably very small) amount on wages.  Good luck to the guy if he goes.

I presume as a trialist. Think he’s under contract so unless we’ve settled up (which I’d expect the club to announce) he’s still on our books.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Sloshed Joe said:

That reminds me re: Peter Clarke - Unsworth’’s media line was “I’ll let Peter tell you all what his future plans are, it’s not my place to” but then was anything ever said by Clarke? Thought he’d go into coaching, would’ve liked that to start with us at some level.

Isn't he linked with PFA employment?

39 minutes ago, Sloshed Joe said:

l think he wants to be an agent or some sort of Clarke Carlisle player rep. but better.

1 hour ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Trialist at Orient - Yarney.

Sticks in the craw a bit this one.  I know a footballer's career is short and he's got to follow the money etc, but he's not even been offered a contract and has to have a trial??

Could've stayed here, become a semi-legend if he'd helped us get up and then got a better deal elsewhere after proving himself.  Hope he enjoys his relegation battle...if even Orient decide to offer him a deal.

59 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Sticks in the craw a bit this one.  I know a footballer's career is short and he's got to follow the money etc, but he's not even been offered a contract and has to have a trial??

Could've stayed here, become a semi-legend if he'd helped us get up and then got a better deal elsewhere after proving himself.  Hope he enjoys his relegation battle...if even Orient decide to offer him a deal.

It's a strange one. I thought he must have a club lined up. Bit of a gamble on his part. He's never put roots down. Journeyman.

That said, if he does sign for them, then it's third division football as opposed to fifth. 

Good luck to him, I applaud anyone who wants to better his career.

Proper gamble though, he’s been a nomad, got himself settled at the club and puts it all on the line to be a trialist elsewhere.