Ex players and that

Just now, NewBlue said:

This'll bite me on the arse, but who would pay for him.

He was bang average.

I thought (distribution aside) he had some potential. Not like we had a terrible record with him in the side is it? 

2 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

....we'd have arguably done no worse playing Edmundson....

But people think Edmundson is going on to great things... Which confirms my point that burgess had some potential. 

Edited by Fruitygoo

9 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

This'll bite me on the arse, but who would pay for him.

He was bang average.

I thought he was very good for Bury at Boundary Park, so much so I was shocked it was him as I didn't realise it was him until the 2nd half. Definite potential

4 hours ago, palmer1 said:

I thought he was very good for Bury at Boundary Park, so much so I was shocked it was him as I didn't realise it was him until the 2nd half. Definite potential

Tbf mate 31 goals all season our strikers made most defenders look like Sammer, Baresi, Moore and Beckenbauer... I agree he grew into the level during his time here but watching Bury's highlights they conceded some awful goals with him at fault.

i agree that I'd rather give our kids experience we need to sell to survive not shirt block our own kids with loanees...unless they are better than what we have. Burgess wasn't.

5 hours ago, Fruitygoo said:

I thought (distribution aside) he had some potential. Not like we had a terrible record with him in the side is it? 

Not saying he's shite but a fee and a three year contract sounds excessive to me

52 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

Not saying he's shite but a fee and a three year contract sounds excessive to me

I am!  For me he was straight into Room 101 with Reckord after the Lincoln game...

9 hours ago, leeslover said:

Edmundson would definitely have been a stronger starter based on the end to the season before. Burgess improved, but probably so would Eddy. Stott was far more solid on debut than Burgess after 6 games.

This for me. Stott looks a decent left sided central defender based on what we saw last season. 

Edited by TheBigDog

5 hours ago, astottie said:

59 years of people being unable to spell a 5 letter surname, it can get too much at times:bigcry:

Please accept my sympathies and understanding. Our surname is five letters as well, but the number of people who add an 'E' into it, even when we've spelled it for them, really infuriates me.

Prediction League next season, Mr Scott? Sorry, I couldn't resist it. :devilish: :lol:

11 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Please accept my sympathies and understanding. Our surname is five letters as well, but the number of people who add an 'E' into it, even when we've spelled it for them, really infuriates me.

Prediction League next season, Mr Scott? Sorry, I couldn't resist it. :devilish: :lol:

I will be in it, but you have given me an idea.I should enter with a pseudonym (ascottie, perhaps) so that no one associates me with  my sorry efforts over the past couple of years.Only one correct first scorer all season, i ask you - and that was in April!.