Ex players and that

3 hours ago, Crusoe said:

Depends how much "made available" is worth to Leeds. Nominal fee and sell-on clause? Sure. But if they want to recoup a significant proportion of the fee they paid - said to be around £300,000 - I'm less keen.

https://throughitalltogether.sbnation.com/2017/7/14/15969608/lee-erwin-is-a-wanted-man-just-not-by-leeds-united-oldham-walsall-charlton-mk-dons-plymouth

They seem to think that...

And while the club has allowed Erwin to leave on a free transfer, Leeds are interested in a sell-on clause for the Scottish striker.

16 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

Erwin any day . Although Baxter has outstanding talent he used to go missing for long periods of a game. Also he seems to be addicted to a certain drug so can we trust him???? It would be a massive risk.

I imagine someone who has failed two tests in the last two seasons (two different drugs btw) will have the drug testers at the door every single week. 

1 hour ago, Smiler13 said:

Erwin any day . Although Baxter has outstanding talent he used to go missing for long periods of a game. Also he seems to be addicted to a certain drug so can we trust him???? It would be a massive risk.

You are on crack

2 hours ago, Crusoe said:

You'd think he might have considered that before the second failed test.

Fair point. Perhaps he'd be better in the National League with Tranmere. There wasn't a single drug test in 15/16 in the National League.  16/17 figures unknown to me.

2 hours ago, ChrisA said:

I imagine someone who has failed two tests in the last two seasons (two different drugs btw) will have the drug testers at the door every single week. 

Good point - the normal lads who just like the occasional toot might not be happy with the prying eyes that will come with him

1 hour ago, Bristolatic said:

Connor Ripley played the first 45 minutes for Middlesbrough against Oxford in Portugal on Wednesday. Konstantopolous played second half. Does that tell us anything?

Not really other than he's over there and Latics are over here. I think a return is dead in the water. 

10 minutes ago, Lags said:

Not really other than he's over there and Latics are over here. I think a return is dead in the water. 

Pretty much my point. We need to forget about him coming back, no matter how much we'd like it to happen.

2 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

Connor Ripley played the first 45 minutes for Middlesbrough against Oxford in Portugal on Wednesday. Konstantopolous played second half. Does that tell us anything?

They are still waiting to get the deal done for Karl Darlow. Once that happens things could change. I don't think Ripley will be back with us mind.

4 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

I know what you mean but Hunt was out in Austria this week so it doesn't really mean anything. It's strange too that we haven't signed Peacock-Farrell yet - maybe we're hedging our bets. 

I dont personally believe we'll sign him but I don't think it's a definite no. 

Thing is...I don't think Ripley will play 2nd fiddle to a No1 at Boro'...He wont want to sit on the bench after the season he has had here.

I think he'll leave one way or another, whether it's a permanent move or another loan is open to question.

I'd like to think we could still get him back somehow, any transfer fee would be like money in the bank and we would probably double or even triple our investment in a very short time.

He could be the difference between mid table and the playoffs, however, finding the fee and the wages he would want would be another matter.