Ex players and that

12 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Eardley...

You could still see the quality of balls he can deliver when we played them this season. Wouldnt be surprised if he tipped up here, but we do have Dummigan & Mclaughlin still, who are arguably as good.

16 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Is he really? Wonder when he started there? Was he mates with Allardyce from his Bolton days, or did those times not overlap?

Mentioned in tonight's Standard. Been there a couple of years having been at Everton in same role

Had Coleman ad Stones in his credit column there.

3 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Can't say I knew that Tony Henry is head of recruitment at West Ham until just now.

In the early 80s I used to stand in the Chaddy next to a lad called Tony who I think was from the Shaw/Heyside area. He hated Tony Henry with a passion. He gave him dogs abuse every week. My favourites were:

Earltysecond half Henry plays a pass -Tony - who has Henry come on for?

Night match and the lights come on at half time, Tony - it's not floodlights we need here but strobe lights to make that bastard Henry look like he's moving.

happy days. I think Tony still goes. Oh for a Tony Henry now ?

3 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

Is he really? Wonder when he started there? Was he mates with Allardyce from his Bolton days, or did those times not overlap?

Apparently he used to work for 'super agent' Jorge Mendes placing Portuguese players with clubs over here but they fell out and he then got in to scouting/recruitment.

10 hours ago, astottie said:

In the early 80s I used to stand in the Chaddy next to a lad called Tony who I think was from the Shaw/Heyside area. He hated Tony Henry with a passion. He gave him dogs abuse every week. My favourites were:

Earltysecond half Henry plays a pass -Tony - who has Henry come on for?

Night match and the lights come on at half time, Tony - it's not floodlights we need here but strobe lights to make that bastard Henry look like he's moving.

happy days. I think Tony still goes. Oh for a Tony Henry now ?

According to Wikipaedia:

He then went on to Oldham Athletic where he enjoyed what was the most successful time of his career making almost 200 appearances for the "Latics".

190 games and scored 25 goals too.