Ex players and that

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

Mark Hughes (no, not that one) player/assistant manager at Bishop's Stortford.  I wish him luck; it was a complete shambles last season

http://www.bsfc.co.uk/hughes-links-up-with-blues/

I wish him nothing but luck, I'm in a tiny minority no doubt but I thought he did ok for us and he certainly gave his all which is all you can actually ask for.

27 minutes ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

I wish him nothing but luck, I'm in a tiny minority no doubt but I thought he did ok for us and he certainly gave his all which is all you can actually ask for.

He was a good player. Technically brilliant tackler, which you don't say every day

I saw him play for Barnet a couple of years or so ago when our game against Stevenage was postponed (they were still in the Cup). He was head and shoulders above everyone else; far too good for League 2 that day. I wish him well.

2 hours ago, Crusoe said:

Alex Bruce in the news today as he only found out from their Twitter announcement that Hull City were releasing him.

Or maybe not. Now suggestions it was a joke on his part and he knew he was going.

9 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

I saw him play for Barnet a couple of years or so ago when our game against Stevenage was postponed (they were still in the Cup). He was head and shoulders above everyone else; far too good for League 2 that day. I wish him well.

He's been at conference south level for three years and going lower now as we went down last season 

12 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

He's been at conference south level for three years and going lower now as we went down last season 

Shows how time flies. It's further back than I remembered. Actually, it must be, because I recall Dean Brill was in the same team. They say memory goes with age.

Still wish him good luck though.

5 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

Greedy b@stard Chris Porter has gone to Crewe from Colchester......

That's interesting, he's been a fixture at Colchester for around 5 years now and still scoring goals regularly.

7 minutes ago, astottie said:

That's interesting, he's been a fixture at Colchester for around 5 years now and still scoring goals regularly.

I know time flies..... but he only left the blunts in Jan '15. Has done OK primarily in League 2 tho.... 30 goals over 2 1/2 seasons.