Ex players and that

A few years ago my brother in law was working as a security guard at a Next warehouse just on the outskirts of Bradford when one of the store workers told him that he used to play for Latics .....after digging out some old programmes I asked is that him to which he said yeah ....Paul Rickers.  Don't know what he's doing now but just goes to show the different paths of professional footballers.

Paul rickers -  just checked his stats and I was surprised he had played so many games for us - 268

Is there a list of games played per player for Oldham anywhere. I want to see where he fits in the all time list.  Obviously Woods on 525 is top but who is in the top ten?

8 minutes ago, Stagger Lee said:

Paul rickers -  just checked his stats and I was surprised he had played so many games for us - 268

Is there a list of games played per player for Oldham anywhere. I want to see where he fits in the all time list.  Obviously Woods on 525 is top but who is in the top ten?

I'm sure Rickers played more games for us than that.

1 hour ago, OldHallam said:
From Facebook  Lynn Mcanemy in Oldham Lost Friends
looking for a bit of help my Dad played for Oldham football in the late 50s early 60s can anyone tell me the best place to find old photos i have tried mailing the club but didn't get far. 

i live in Glasgow my Dads name was Andrew Elder was called Drew or Andy 
many thanks in advance  

Assume older fans will remember him. 

There's nobody called Elder listed in any books that name Latics players (e.g. Latics Lads, Who's Who of Oldham Athletic, or Oldham Athletic A Complete Record)

Guest davidshaw

OldHallam - I know someone who has followed Latics from the 50s - I`ll see him over Easter and ask him - his memory is usually v good.

12 hours ago, JohnnyPimp said:

This is how you get caught out when claiming to have been a professional footballer to your friends and family in later life.

You don't have to take such a harsh view of matters.

If he was on our books and only played reserve level - he would still have been a professional footballer who 'played' for Oldham, just not first team. Would explain why we can't find his name. It maybe something he told his kids when they where young and they did not pick up on the concept of 'just' being paid to play reserves and not first team is a huge difference for many.

On 07/04/2017 at 9:16 PM, NewBlue said:

On 12/04/2017 at 5:13 PM, Lee Sinnott said:

15 hours ago, OldHallam said:
From Facebook  Lynn Mcanemy in Oldham Lost Friends
looking for a bit of help my Dad played for Oldham football in the late 50s early 60s can anyone tell me the best place to find old photos i have tried mailing the club but didn't get far. 

i live in Glasgow my Dads name was Andrew Elder was called Drew or Andy 
many thanks in advance  

Assume older fans will remember him. 

A possible place to look may be the original team from a town of chimneys book.

Towards the back they list the squad names for the majority if not all seasons up to 1980. You may see the name there at the very least...

Edited by palmer1

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Burnley defender James Tarkowski has spent two days, one hour and 32 minutes on the bench this season - the most in the Premier League. In fact nobody has sat on the bench for longer than him in Europe's top five leagues this season

But at least he is 'living the dream' in the Premier League...

Players should want to play.