Ex players and that

3 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Yes I think that was how it happened. Don't think Johnston was a kid, more mid-twenties, and a schoolteacher if my memory serves me well.

It was sad to see him vainly trying to resurrect his career. A time when footballers just wanted to play not be seen as demigods to be revered for "kicking a bag of wind !"   

Billy Johnson had the makings of a great player. 

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 1

Former Latics youth Chris Baguley playing for Prestwich Heys v Radcliffe Borough in the FA cup live BBC red button match today.

Also ex Latics youth cenre back Tommy Lent for Radcliffe, who I thought looked decent when here 

However, it's young Prestwich winger Rio Wilson Heys who's caught my eye, faded badly 2nd half though so will reserve my judgement.

Edited by BP1960

3 hours ago, leeslover said:

Interesting interview with Warney on Football Focus. Wanted to make his players better people and would turn down better players in preference for ones with better character. He'd have had to do a cull from a few Latics squads over the years 

I wonder what he would have done with Davies, Gerrard and Byrne?

7 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Some wank material for you right there.

It always starts of well with him but just wait till the cunty version emerges, won't take long.

He won’t last the whole season without him breaking down. He has not finished the last two seasons because of injury due to him not being fit. 

52 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Think Deyres is pointing out that no one is in a rush to praise Gerrard keeping a clean sheet but ready to berate him when his side does concede. 

Do you?  I think he's just a wind up merchant and, foolishly, I bit.

18 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Think Deyres is pointing out that no one is in a rush to praise Gerrard keeping a clean sheet but ready to berate him when his side does concede. 

My god I didn’t realise that Carlisle played with only one defender last weekend. Must be some record to keep a clean sheet with no keeper and only one centre back playing.

16 hours ago, latics22 said:

Apparently Paul green and cufc keeper both broke legs in a challenge with each other

That’s a sad outcome for Green. He’s been a great player over the years. I just hope that this does not finish his carrier.