Ex players and that

17 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

Bulk of the team has been together for 2 years plus though - that's how you build a successful team. Crazy to expect a team that's been together for less than a month, with multiple injuries, to have the same levels of understanding and awareness. Give it time.

What, like about 2 years? Which league would we be in by then?

Edited by ChaddySmoker

1 hour ago, ChaddySmoker said:

What, like about 2 years? Which league would we be in by then?

You're being deliberately obtuse. FGR have a group of below average players for L2, playing together as a team in a system they understand, and are hence overacheiving. We have (in theory!) a collection of players that should (!) be up the top end of L2, without any cohesion or togetherness yet, hence we're likely to underacheive for a while. It shouldn't take anywhere near 2 years to get up the curve.

4 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

You're being deliberately obtuse. FGR have a group of below average players for L2, playing together as a team in a system they understand, and are hence overacheiving. We have (in theory!) a collection of players that should (!) be up the top end of L2, without any cohesion or togetherness yet, hence we're likely to underacheive for a while. It shouldn't take anywhere near 2 years to get up the curve.

Every chance their budget is bigger than ours I'd say.

5 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Except you can bet most of these players won't be here next season to build on.

15 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Gerrard subbed at half time on his home debut with Carlisle 4-1 down.

Demolishing the ???? buffet as we speak.

comment from Carlisle fans forum:  "When I saw the team it seemed a curious decision to play Gerrard last night - even more so when I saw his physical state. 20 kg overweight? Against their forwards?"

50 minutes ago, phoenix blue and tangerine said:

comment from Carlisle fans forum:  "When I saw the team it seemed a curious decision to play Gerrard last night - even more so when I saw his physical state. 20 kg overweight? Against their forwards?"

I didn't vote leave for Carlisle fans to be talking in kilo's not stones & pounds..... 

• Like 2

On 8/14/2018 at 9:36 AM, oafcmetty said:

It is i before e except after c. Not that I am being obtuse.

You believe (see i...e) that we have a collection of players that should be up the top end of L2!!!!! Where are they?

Is your definition of obtuse where someone disagrees with you-My point was that we are signing shite players.

Edited by ChaddySmoker

3 hours ago, phoenix blue and tangerine said:

Why shouldn’t Shez play Gerrard he knows best he’s the greatest manager that has ever managed an OAFC team

48 minutes ago, philsalt said:

Bailey Whalley, youth striker released at the end of last season has turned up in Sweden’s fourth division for Ytterhogdals FC and scored on his debut. Seems to be a team made up almost entirely of young British players. 

Might be part of the Erasmus/LFE scheme. There's an interesting article on the BBC about it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43490842

Edited by RoytonLatics