Blackburn Away

46 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

Wouldn’t say amazing. It’s alright.

I don’t really get the ‘if we were this place in the league we’d take this many’ thing. If for 35+ year olds it’s up there with the biggest games I don’t get why our position in the league would factor into your attendance

You serious?

If a team is playing well then more will watch.

What happens when teams get to a cup final?  Coventry City took 40 odd thousand to Wembley last year but get what 4-6000 at a home game.

As someone above says-that's a hell of a good turn out for us tomorrow when we are playing rubbish.

50 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

You serious?

What happens when teams get to a cup final?  Coventry City took 40 odd thousand to Wembley last year but get what 4-6000 at a home game.

As someone above says-that's a hell of a good turn out for us tomorrow when we are playing rubbish.

Some matches go beyond that surely. 9,000 turned up to watch us play Liverpool when we’d lost like 9 of the last 10.

A rival we haven’t played in 25 years is another I’d have thought

It’s hardly Gillingham away...

Edited by NewBlue

9 hours ago, AnthonyOAFC said:

It will be really embarrassing if Oldham fans start singing no ney never again tomorrow. It's a song between Rovers and Burnley fans, we don't care about you lot!!!

:lol::lol:

Let's get at them from the off.Let's do like we did to Bradford and play as a team with passion and shoot at goal at every opportunity.Their fans think it will be a walkover.Let's silence the bastards and cheer our team on all the match even if we are losing.Let's this game be like the one at Chesterfield and roar them on to the last second.

Just now, Magic Mikey said:

It's a traditional Irish song called the Wild Rover. The football version of the lyrics don't take much learning.

I know what it is but I wanted the lyrics for the first verse before the main bit.

Can only find Burnley’s version online and I don’t fancy singing about Steve bladdy Cotterill today :D

13 hours ago, Ryan said:

We haven’t won away for five months and are in a third tier relegation battle for what feels like the hundreth year running. No other club would take over half their home crowd in our position, most wouldn’t if they were in the automatic places. It’s a cracking effort.

12 hours ago, mickjagger said:

Amazing following anybody that says any different needs give their head a wobble .

12 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

You serious?

I live midway between Reading and Oxford. Those that watch football round here tend to follow either Reading or Oxford (naturally) and also Brentford and Chelsea...

Two good mates, one Oxford, one Brentford are always astounded by the strength of our travelling support given where we are in the league.

2000 or so today is indeed a cracking effort.?

Edited by TheBigDog

Getting old and senile...I do remember us playing rovers at their gaff in the 80's. It was a sunny day, it was joe's team and Colin hendry was playing for them. might have been about Easter time.

what I remember most is that most of us were locked out, it was a stand similar to the chaddy with side on turnstyles and teh bloody things weren't open or couldn't cope with the volume of us all outside. Buggers KO with the majority of us still outside and I remember someone shouting our players are out let's get signing out here so they know we are here.

it was old terracing behind the pegs and I remember racing down when I got through the scary thing now is that I'm so glad it wasn't a  tunnel area beforehand like Hillsborough. I wondering how many near misses we had pre Hillsborough.

i can't even remember now if we won that day...anyone else remember the scenario?

Edited by underdog

57 minutes ago, oafc_lover said:

I know what it is but I wanted the lyrics for the first verse before the main bit.

Can only find Burnley’s version online and I don’t fancy singing about Steve bladdy Cotterill today :D

Apologies then. I only recall singing the "main bit".

1 hour ago, oafc_lover said:

No idea if it is the regular version but...

i went up to heaven one morning in May

they said where does tha' come from and where does tha' stay

when I told 'em  from Oldham they only could stare

and say come on in lad tha's the first one from there

and it's ...........

1 hour ago, underdog said:

Getting old and senile...I do remember us playing rovers at their gaff in the 80's. It was a sunny day, it was joe's team and Colin hendry was playing for them. might have been about Easter time.

what I remember most is that most of us were locked out, it was a stand similar to the chaddy with side on turnstyles and teh bloody things weren't open or couldn't cope with the volume of us all outside. Buggers KO with the majority of us still outside and I remember someone shouting our players are out let's get signing out here so they know we are here.

it was old terracing behind the pegs and I remember racing down when I got through the scary thing now is that I'm so glad it wasn't a  tunnel area beforehand like Hillsborough. I wondering how many near misses we had pre Hillsborough.

i can't even remember now if we won that day...anyone else remember the scenario?

I remember their piss stones were uncovered and made Bradfords look like the Hilton.Seen a couple of wins there and hoping for another today.Win or lose let's give our lads 100% backing .

1 hour ago, underdog said:

My recollection of that day is it was quite early season, possibly even Rick Holden’s debut for Latics. Hendry was at the back for Rovers and with a young David May they bossed our forward line all day, and also looked a bit like twins! All the Barlows coaches were going to the illuminations so we were all hurded onto double decker GM buses for the trip. Me and my mate where about 15 at the time and we sat near the back of the bus with a gravel voiced Latics fan called Dusty how had tattoos of both Latics and Liverpool!(anyone remember him?). Him and his mates were drinking beer all the way there and as we approached he ground, he jumped out of the fire escape on the bus and got stuck into about 6 or 7 Blackburn fans single handedly. 

It was a bit of an eye opener to say the least!!

It'd be nice if there were any remnants of a rivalry their side. They're struggling to understand the bitterness. As someone who only started going regularly in the early 90's, I do too. Saying that, gutted I'm not going today. Enjoy.

Edited by longtimeblue

13 minutes ago, Markspark92 said:

Will it be unreserved seating with it being pay on the day got a mate that’s jumped on this bought him a ticket online on Thursday but couldent get to the Oldham ticket office till this morning and it was shut when i got there !

Think your mate may be able to pick their ticket up at Blackburn. Think we send all tickets there. 

Ticket office only opens on a Saturday for home games. 

19 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Bradford was 1st home game I couldn't go to in years and we won. Was going today until missus broke down on motorway an hour ago so hopefully my non attendance means 3 points. 

Hope you can stay amicable during proceedings..