Doncaster

1 hour ago, OneSizeFitz said:

What's happened to Omrani and Maouche...?

A full season missed by Gyamfi..I wonder if he'd  have made a difference if fully fit?

Edited by BP1960

1 hour ago, OneSizeFitz said:

What's happened to Omrani and Maouche...?

I might be wrong on this but I think Kyeremeh, Omrani and Maouche have had 2 starts and 8 sub appearances between them in the league this season (and 7 of the sub appearances were by Omrani).

It's incredible that a club with our finances has a squad the size that it is, a fair few of whom have been nowhere near the first team for most of the season. Whether we stay up or not, it would be good to know what AL's master plan is and why he thinks a squad of 30+ players is a good idea. I've some sympathy for RW here, given that he was on record when he got the job as saying that he wanted a much smaller, but better quality squad.

2 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

I might be wrong on this but I think Kyeremeh, Omrani and Maouche have had 2 starts and 8 sub appearances between them in the league this season (and 7 of the sub appearances were by Omrani).

It's incredible that a club with our finances has a squad the size that it is, a fair few of whom have been nowhere near the first team for most of the season. Whether we stay up or not, it would be good to know what AL's master plan is and why he thinks a squad of 30+ players is a good idea. I've some sympathy for RW here, given that he was on record when he got the job as saying that he wanted a much smaller, but better quality squad.

And there was Queensy.

4 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

You'd be even more suprised if you knew how much money was being wasted on the imports, I know its being financed by AL and he can spend his money how he pleases but he'd of got much better value closer to home. Lets hope its an expensive lesson learned. 

2 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Absolutely. He was immense.  One of those coming of age performances. He even gave Wellens a mouthful. 

I thought that.. make him captain at Northampton and let Doyle get on with scoring goals.

Gyamfi was signed by Shez. Started against Wigan at home in August and got injured I think. Looked bright in the trials.

was it a 1 year or 2 year deal? 

Maouche and Omrani were last seen in the squad when we played Shrewsbury in the checkatrade. 

I don’t think they were bad players. Omrani had a horrific 30 mins against Scunthorpe i remember that but they seemed capable enough to play at this level and they had long contracts. Where are they? 

Been hoping someone would ask at the pressers. 

49 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Could be a good shout. Although his appearances are on a slightly non-significant number- 92 (but that is 2 seasons worth). 

Rumours are going around that he’s involved with the alleged bullying by TP

7 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

In what way...

TP picks out a young victim ( completely at random ) then gets Fane ( using his marathon running skills ) to chase petrified youngster round and round and round, ultimately catching him.

The victim is then subjected to the cruelest possible torture of chinese burn and the dreaded nipple cripple. 

• Like 1

Arnt we starting a development squad next year, hence the big squad but next year they will be playing in the development team. I thought that was AL plan and wellens commented on Hamer being a big part of the development squad which I’m going to be created for next year. I think it’s a good idea 

provides the bridge between youth and first team. Secondly, keeps players who are on the fringes fit and ready to play when they are needed, also more opportunities to impress 

Edited by LightDN123

25 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Based primarily on playing FIFA and also annecdotal stories from Football Manager (which I am not saddd enough to play) I excpect Maouche to come good next season.

If we'd have followed CM0102 (still the best game ever) Monty we could have signed To Madeira and won the Champions League as I did with Rushden& Diamonds.:wink:

Edited by BP1960

15 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Absolutely. He was immense.  One of those coming of age performances. He even gave Wellens a mouthful. 

I watched him very closely, and he has come on leaps and bounds, his loan spell to flyde has developed him a lot. If we can get him to stay he could be a future captain for years to come. If he likes it here and we don’t have to sell

also, if we had played him alongside Gerrard and Bryan in holding midfield we would have been a far better team. But I’m aware no one predicted George would be as good as he is 

Edited by LightDN123

2 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

I watched him very closely, and he has come on leaps and bounds, his loan spell to flyde has developed him a lot. If we can get him to stay he could be a future captain for years to come. If he likes it here and we don’t have to sell

also, if we had played him alongside Gerrard and Bryan in holding midfield we would have been a far better team. But I’m aware no one predicted George would be as good as he is 

I did. It’s just that I drunkenly did it to him, whilst his mum and dad looked proudly on (that’s the look I’ve changed their faces too in my head.)

Just to add, the person (if your on here) in the new stand who was shouting at Gardner all game calling him shit, and to take him off. Where you even watching the game ? And in the case he was having a bad game who would you have brought on/played. 

I’m glad he’s not out manager, he even called Doyle shit when Nep put the cross in and the keeper took it out of Doyle’s path

33 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

He rather fancied going to Sunderland apparently. You would be pissed off being the only player we wouldn't sell.

3 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Arnt we starting a development squad next year, hence the big squad but next year they will be playing in the development team. I thought that was AL plan and wellens commented on Hamer being a big part of the development squad which I’m going to be created for next year. I think it’s a good idea 

provides the bridge between youth and first team. Secondly, keeps players who are on the fringes fit and ready to play when they are needed, also more opportunities to impress 

A development squad wouldnt explain the signings of Omrani and Maouche though they are both mid 20's.

The recruitment policy this season has been abit of a shambles in all fairness and we havent got value for money out of the squad as a whole.

Bit of a long shot, but does anyone have a programme from the game which they wish to sell. It's the only one I've not got from this season, so need this to complete the collection. I've emailed emailed the club (Luke Ingram) but have had no response. 

Thanks