Doncaster

Just now, Flemboy said:

Pingu could have played better than Benyu.

Still cant work out where the fuck he was playing first half...he was literally running all over the pitch for no obvious reason.

i remember years ago for my Sunday league team we used to have a young lad with special needs who we let play in the pre season friendlies....you know, passed the ball to him a bit, let him run around and enjoy himself, told the opposition to back off him...really nice thing to do

never thought I’d end up watching him play for Latics 

I agree Benyu was poor 1st half, but 2nd half he grew into the game and for me he had a decent half, Gardner my MOM by a mile though. Hunt put some decent balls in today and with a little more anticipation by Doyle we could have won that. Couldn't understand why Donny kept looking for a killer pass in the 1st half they wasted numerous good shooting opportunities.

I thought we had a better shape today, strung a few passes together, got some crosses in and a shame Doyle is not a few inches taller to get his head on them.

defence were solid enough with Hamer and Edmundson and withstood  pressure off their muscle men up front.What a throw hamer has. Gardner and Pringle had a good game 

Yep they should have had a couple granted but we had chances. I'm feeling a bit more positive...

i hac have no nails left and eaten about 1lb in toffees but we are still in it...literally

Benyu was OK in the second half which was a surprise given how much off the pace he was on the first (though having not played for so long, that's understandable). Even though Doncaster looked barely interested, Hamer and Edmundson will deserve huge credit if we stay up for their roles in a couple of clean sheets when we need them. Don't think Fane was injured at all...

Not sure it matters what team we put out next week. I don't see how a team that has won 3 league games since we played Northampton in the reverse fixture will be able to suddenly do what is needed to grab a win. The more relevant match will be at Rochdale with Charlton hopefully still needing to go all guns blazing.

God this is nervy again today we were poor tbf, going to the last game we could just do it by the skin of our teeth win and we stay up simple, don’t want to be drawing again and relying on the Dale result. Today again we looked liked there was no instruction tbh I think Wellens has ran out of ideas, I think he’s just picking 11 players and a formation and hoping for the best, Donny could have won today few good opportunities they wasted, decision to sub Byrne was very strange and I think shows a sign of a panicking manager, also why no Holloway when all we was doing was hoofing it long, was he happy with a point ? Thankfully other results went our way, but we have to do the business next week ! 3 massive home games we’ve had Gillingahm, Southend and Doncaster  teams with nothing to play for and we should be fighting for our lives and we got 2pts from 3 not good enough really hopefully Dale have got one last L in them but with them being at home could be a big advantage 

Could do with a Plymouth win or draw at Scunny on Tues as that would mean Charlton have to win at Dale to ensure play off.

Even if Plymouth did lose Charlton would still need a point.

Think I may go to Dale as a Charlton fan as I just can't see us winning any game at the moment and Dale losing is our only chance!!!

Wellens said with Fane injured that Benyu was the only other CM at the club available. 

Said Byrne came off because they went 3 at the back with 2 holding midfielders so JB wasn't getting anything in number 10 role and wouldn't stay out wide. Knew McEleney would stay wider

4 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Wellens said with Fane injured that Benyu was the only other CM at the club available. 

Said Byrne came off because they went 3 at the back with 2 holding midfielders so JB wasn't getting anything in number 10 role and wouldn't stay out wide. Knew McEleney would stay wider

The only other CM available. Wtf is he talking about?

7 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

He also said something I found slightly bizzarre even worrying, he said that next season Patrick Mceleney will be the best player at the club.

Now even appreciating that with a full preseason under his belt he will improve and to be fair he looked alright when he came on today. Thats quite a statement about someone who has not really shown much in his albeit so far very short Latics career. Im also not sure what that says about our plans for next season.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Why can't wellens just stick with two  upfront..created very little again 2nd half bar that spell where duck had a few efforts..Doyle again nothing to feed on. Back 4 did well, Doncaster came for a draw and got one..subs made no sense. Nazon ineffective once he went rw.. Set pieces were poor.

12 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

After today, can everyone agree that Gardner can do the job fane does but with much more footballing ability ? Therefore home games specifically he does not need to be in the side at all? 

Agreed, but you can bet Fane will start at Northampton as will Moimbe. 

Edited by BP1960