Doncaster

23 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

If only Richie had've lined someone up like Matt Mills...... the owner would've been mad to have refused to sign him, given what you point out above.

Is Matt Mills all that?

questionable attitude from what Bolton fans have said also the fact that he hasnt featured at Barnsley suggests he seems like the type to happily just sit in the reserves and pick up a wage rather than play.

1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

Fine to say that with hindsight, but what if all our midfielders had got injured and we had no cover, but had Clarke on £000s a week sat in the reserves? We'd be saying the same in reverse.

Far less likely. We have dozens of the buggers. ?

1 hour ago, Londonboy said:

FFS. I've just realised we could actually be relegated on Saturday if we lose! 

If this can't get the team motivated then we deserve to go down. 

Yes. We lose and Walsall/Dale/Wimbledon win. We are gone. 

31 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Is Matt Mills all that?

questionable attitude from what Bolton fans have said also the fact that he hasnt featured at Barnsley suggests he seems like the type to happily just sit in the reserves and pick up a wage rather than play.

He's better than playing an 18yo next to a 20yo......

1 hour ago, Fyldelatic said:

Yes, realistically, because of our horrendous goal difference. But how realistic is for Wombles to win away at Wigan?

If we lost, Walsall & Dale won, then Wimbledon would only need a draw at Wigan. Although Wigan have their eye on being champions-not uncommon for that to derail a team.

I still think we will go to Northampton able to secure league 1 football with a win even if we lose against Doncaster however I would much rather we win and get the three points we may need Saturday.

How anyone could think the team put out Tuesday was set up to draw I don't know.  Draw would have been OK but he went for it and left our defenders open on both wings.  If he does this desperation tactic again and the again we will take the drop.

It will come down to who scores first.  Us and we have a chance Them and we will lose.

My daughter and her boyfriend are coming down from Sunderland for Saturday’s game, they make it to 2 or 3 games a season and haven’t seen us lose for 3 years.

hoping to be staying with them next season when we play at the stadium of sh1t3 

?

Edited by stevesidg

1 hour ago, Hands on said:

Yep 1 gives them the magic 51.

Which we can still get even if we lose on Saturday. The goal difference wouldn’t be insurmountable either, very difficult but not insurmountable.

The same applies with Walsall if they win and we lose, especially as Walsall have an extra game to play, so there would be 3 games to turn round a 9 goal difference (minimum).

If Rochdale win and we lose on Saturday it would take a miracle for us to catch them, but would still technically be possible.

#MathematicallyPossibleLads 

3 hours ago, Hands on said:

I still think we will go to Northampton able to secure league 1 football with a win even if we lose against Doncaster however I would much rather we win and get the three points we may need Saturday.

How anyone could think the team put out Tuesday was set up to draw I don't know.  Draw would have been OK but he went for it and left our defenders open on both wings.  If he does this desperation tactic again and the again we will take the drop.

It will come down to who scores first.  Us and we have a chance Them and we will lose.

Agreed. I predicted results to the end of the season for the bottom 8 before kick off on 14 April, and despite a less than impressive record of 9 out of 22 matches guessed correctly so far, I'm going to stick with my forecasts. So.....

17. Oxford (D, L)            54 pts

18. Wimbledon (D,W)   54

19. Walsall (D, L)           52

20. Latics (D,W)             52

21. Rochdale (D, D)       50

22. Northampton (L, L) 46

23. Franchise (D, L)       43

24. Bury (D, L)                 33

I'm coming up from Worcester on Saturday so would prefer a win to my forecast draw, but I still think we can scrape clear. Gulp!

I've never felt so low as watching us on Tuesday having our young defenders run rings round by Robinson and Cox for the first 30 minuts and knew as soon as they scored that was it despite all the huffing and puffing after .How Wellens is going g to get the players motivated for Saturday lord knows.We can look at various reasons for our dire position all of which are valid but nothing will alter where we are and it is now down to the manager,players and our loyal fans to  all do their bit on Saturday to get the maximum points to save us from the drop.I still believe we can do it but am resigning myself for next season come what may.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

I've never felt so low as watching us on Tuesday having our young defenders run rings round by Robinson and Cox for the first 30 minuts and knew as soon as they scored that was it despite all the huffing and puffing after .How Wellens is going g to get the players motivated for Saturday lord knows.We can look at various reasons for our dire position all of which are valid but nothing will alter where we are and it is now down to the manager,players and our loyal fans to  all do their bit on Saturday to get the maximum points to save us from the drop.I still believe we can do it but am resigning myself for next season come what may.

After 55 minutes on Tuesday I felt like leaving early for the first time in many years, I even stayed to the end when we lost 7-1 at home to Cardiff, madness.

but the next 25 minutes or so till we did give up , did give me some hope that we can play better and create chances 

we need the September to November Eoin Doyle to turn up on Saturday, and for Byrne to stop sulking and play for the team not his ego.

i think we should start with Nepomuceno on the left and put the excellent crosses into the box that we know he can provide 

the defence will concede at least one, so we need to play BFJ’s game of scoring one more than them

ktf 

28 minutes ago, stevesidg said:

After 55 minutes on Tuesday I felt like leaving early for the first time in many years, I even stayed to the end when we lost 7-1 at home to Cardiff, madness.

but the next 25 minutes or so till we did give up , did give me some hope that we can play better and create chances 

we need the September to November Eoin Doyle to turn up on Saturday, and for Byrne to stop sulking and play for the team not his ego.

i think we should start with Nepomuceno on the left and put the excellent crosses into the box that we know he can provide 

the defence will concede at least one, so we need to play BFJ’s game of scoring one more than them

ktf 

7-1 to Cardiff when the only ones cheering our goal was the Cardiff fans. 5-0 at half time and Andy Goram going from hero to the anti-Christ in 45 minutes.... it’s nice to be reminded that whilst we are shit now there’s always a bigger horror show 

3 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

The Matrix effect. It's wierd. Shit happens but it happens in slow motion.

Ha. Byrne definitely more guilty of this. Plenty of times when a full back gets the ball and can bomb forward yet there is Byrne stood at the side demanding the ball rather than getting up the pitch.

2 wins and we stay up same scenario as tuesday in reality we needed 2 wins then we need 2 wins now. Rochdale and Walsall wont both win their last 2 games. weve just got no margin for error here though.

Id drop Byrne to the bench and bring in Pringle to play on the left with Nazons on the right we can only afford 1 midfielder who refuses to help defend and on current form Nazons should start on the right with Holloway and Doyle to start upfront. The back 4 consists purely of who is available.

i just don't believe we can get two positive results with playing central midfielders on the wings. Wellens has to pick 2 midfielders for the centre out of Byrne, fane, gardener, Pringle and play with gevaro on the wing. Doyle scores when crosses/shots come in and he picks up the pieces by finding space, not playing through the middle with no width, so easy to defend against when your players come inside all the time. 

Cant play Nazon wide i don't think - from the corner Tuesday, he had there man bang marked up then turned away there guy raced on and then played one simple pass and then the less said about the corner the better.  I've wanted Holloway to get given a run all season but after his miss midweek and his lack of wanting to shoot a couple with his lack of awareness in the box, I've come to the conclusion he just isn't a forward. 

Id go

Placide

Hammer RB

George

Gerrard if fit

Hunt

Nepo - 5 assists this season and a goal as well, he gives us a bit of width and can usually find a cross, he's not Beckham but he's the best wide player we have.

Pringle 

Bryne

Gardner

Doyle

Duck

We have to score more than they do we won't keep a clean sheet so we need to get decent balls into the box. The only glimmer I can find is we created plenty Tuesday but I really do think this it the season we go. Fingers crossed we can go to Northampton with it in our hands

Edited by bluehobbit