Doncaster

8 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Errr ...... nah. I’m trying to give a shit but it’s hard when the players don’t. I’m out. And we’re done for. 

As a fan, you should give a shit, no fan wants their team to be relegated but it's football and that sometimes happens. "We're done for"...why? Relegation is a crap outcome to the season but we go again next season, even if it is in League Two. It's just a game and believe it or not, football matches in League Two can still actually be enjoyable to watch.

17 minutes ago, Witty said:

Exactly, if Byrne wants to run the show put him in the middle and let him. If I were Wellens I'd say "Right twinkle toes, you want it you got it. Show me you're right"

Without playing at his best or in his correct position Byrne still provided Doyle with 4 or 5 clearcut chances - everything is going against us at the minute but win Saturday and things could suddenly look very different.

Don't hold your breath!

2 hours ago, Wardie said:

As a fan, you should give a shit, no fan wants their team to be relegated but it's football and that sometimes happens. "We're done for"...why? Relegation is a crap outcome to the season but we go again next season, even if it is in League Two. It's just a game and believe it or not, football matches in League Two can still actually be enjoyable to watch.

Yeah your right and believe me , I like to think that I’m usually quite a positive ‘supporter’. But yesterday has totally knocked the stuffing out of me. I can take us being shit, we have been for so long. But it’s the lack of fight from the team in what should be huge for them. They Should’ve  been throwing there bodies at everything. But they didn’t. And don’t. Second to every 50/50 against teams that have nothing to play for. It’s a lack of desire. A resignation from them as if to say we’re relegated. An acceptance of our fate. They just don’t have the minerals. 

At the risk of coming across all OAFC000. I won’t be at the Doncaster match as I will take the kids out for something to eat, somewhere I’ve been before where I know the chef will at least try to ensure I enjoy my meal and the waitresses make sure my kids are happy. And that’s not me giving up. I’ll probably make the trip to Northampton and attempt to get in the home end. If not on the hill watching for free. And I will also be there just as much next season in League 2. 

This is my club always has been always will be. But 70% (at least) of this team are not my kind of players. All I ask is a bit of spirit , a bit of fight and desire  especially in our predicament.But unfortunately ,one of my favourite players from the past (who did play with all of the above) can not get it out of them. 

Whichever division we are in I would like us to clear the decks as much as possible starting with the manager I’m afraid. 

5 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

On another note, did Moimbe receive a three or four game ban for his red card against Gillingham? I thought three?

I think 3 as his other red was 2 yellow’s, that is my understanding. Could be wrong though.

2 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Yeah your right and believe me , I like to think that I’m usually quite a positive ‘supporter’. But yesterday has totally knocked the stuffing out of me. I can take us being shit, we have been for so long. But it’s the lack of fight from the team in what should be huge for them. They Should’ve  been throwing there bodies at everything. But they didn’t. And don’t. Second to every 50/50 against teams that have nothing to play for. It’s a lack of desire. A resignation from them as if to say we’re relegated. An acceptance of our fate. They just don’t have the minerals. 

At the risk of coming across all OAFC000. I won’t be at the Doncaster match as I will take the kids out for something to eat, somewhere I’ve been before where I know the chef will at least try to ensure I enjoy my meal and the waitresses make sure my kids are happy. And that’s not me giving up. I’ll probably make the trip to Northampton and attempt to get in the home end. If not on the hill watching for free. And I will also be there just as much next season in League 2. 

This is my club always has been always will be. But 70% (at least) of this team are not my kind of players. All I ask is a bit of spirit , a bit of fight and desire  especially in our predicament.But unfortunately ,one of my favourite players from the past (who did play with all of the above) can not get it out of them. 

Whichever division we are in I would like us to clear the decks as much as possible starting with the manager I’m afraid. 

There seems an obsession with coaches to win the second ball, how about winning the first ball for a change?..that might help a bit.

6 minutes ago, Hometownclub said:

I'm not surprised, our League 1 status is hanging by a thread and he must (or should) feel majorly responsible.

Well sulking and being a bit defensive isn't the answer.  Sort it!

His answer to the question about Clarke was a bit stupid.  We had to let Clarke go to get Bryan in.... er, no we didn't, we had to let a player go to get Bryan in.  Did it need to be Clarke?  Clarke wasn't ripping up trees early season, but clearly given the injuries he would have been useful.  Did we leave ourselves short at the back?  I know, I know... hindsight.

Just now, kowenicki said:

Well sulking and being a bit defensive isn't the answer.  Sort it!

His answer to the question about Clarke was a bit stupid.  We had to let Clarke go to get Bryan in.... er, no we didn't, we had to let a player go to get Bryan in.  Did it need to be Clarke?  Clarke wasn't ripping up trees early season, but clearly given the injuries he would have been useful.  Did we leave ourselves short at the back?  I know, I know... hindsight.

Who else would we have let go who was on the same money and was wanted elsewhere?

Just now, nzlatic said:

Who else would we have let go who was on the same money and was wanted elsewhere?

Not sure that matters.  Just ship someone out on loan to a lower league club, they would be screaming out for someone from our level.  The takeover was well under way I don't think the money was the problem.

7 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Not sure that matters.  Just ship someone out on loan to a lower league club, they would be screaming out for someone from our level.  The takeover was well under way I don't think the money was the problem.

To be fair we did, Banks/Green/Flynn.

15 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I don't think they needed a body out so Bryan could use his locker.  I'm pretty sure we needed to make room on the wage bill as we were struggling with an embargo at the time.  He would have been one of the top earners and he wasn't even in the team at the time.  I don't think shipping Mantack out on loan was going to be enough.

13 minutes ago, josh_latics said:

Not spunking money on Pringle and Benyu when we had 1000 attacking midfielders would have left some room. 

Fine to say that with hindsight, but what if all our midfielders had got injured and we had no cover, but had Clarke on £000s a week sat in the reserves? We'd be saying the same in reverse.

24 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Fine to say that with hindsight, but what if all our midfielders had got injured and we had no cover, but had Clarke on £000s a week sat in the reserves? We'd be saying the same in reverse.

Gardner, Benyu, McLaughlin, Pringle, McEleney, Fane, Omrani, Maouche, Gevaro, Byrne, Tope and then Benteke available midfielders. 

Gerrard, Bryan, Wilson, Edmundson at centre back. 

Hindsight is great, but we are so lop-sided as a squad. 

11 minutes ago, josh_latics said:

Gardner, Benyu, McLaughlin, Pringle, McEleney, Fane, Omrani, Maouche, Gevaro, Byrne, Tope and then Benteke available midfielders. 

If only Richie had've lined someone up like Matt Mills...... the owner would've been mad to have refused to sign him, given what you point out above.

5 minutes ago, josh_latics said:

You can't list only centre backs, but then list every possible midfielder (including wingers and a striker) and say we're lop sided!

The centre mids on the books at the time were Gardner, Fane, Omrani, Maouche and Byrne.  If we stuck with those then Gardner and Byrne got injured and we Clarke doing nothing in the reserves, there'd be those moaning that we had no midfield cover and were wasting money on Peter Clarke.

• Like 1