Transfer Rumours

Ooooooooo you swines....I'm late into this hd mute but could savage a chip butty.

So come on now you chippy lovers you.....which chippy Oldham has an illustrious blue plaque above it's door strong it's the creator of fish and chips???

come on....

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think after this great response a proper fish and chip shop should be opened in the ground.

The Trust could devise a 'Chippyshare' scheme.?

As for transfer rumours, I hear Harry Ramsden could be interested.

1 hour ago, underdog said:

Ooooooooo you swines....I'm late into this hd mute but could savage a chip butty.

So come on now you chippy lovers you.....which chippy Oldham has an illustrious blue plaque above it's door strong it's the creator of fish and chips???

come on....

There is a London pub named in its honour 

https://www.thetommyfield.com/

10 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

I fondly remember Sam Settle's chippy at the top of Manley Road. Cracking fish and chips. Sam had a lisp and would ask "do you want thoup on your chipth?" The thoup obviously being juice from the peath. Good old Tham Thettle.

And no, it hath nothing to do with tranthfer rumourth.

Manley Rd, Coppice??

10 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

I fondly remember Sam Settle's chippy at the top of Manley Road. Cracking fish and chips. Sam had a lisp and would ask "do you want thoup on your chipth?" The thoup obviously being juice from the peath. Good old Tham Thettle.

And no, it hath nothing to do with tranthfer rumourth.

Are you taking the pith?

Butterworths, all day every day.

14 minutes ago, singe said:

.. come on Oldham don't concede another sloppy goal? 

I've a feeling "Come on Oldham give us a goal' could be more appropriate if no strikers are signed 

11 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Dirty Lil's wasn't it? 

Then became the wonderfully named Lung Fung...

Is it still open? 

May well have been. We only called in occasionally when passing (early 60s). I wasn't big on hygiene in my 'leather boy' days). No health and safety then. ? I remember she did a decent curry and chips too. I am aware the family went on to bigger things. From little acorns grow.

3 hours ago, Lukers1 said:

Manley Rd, Coppice??

The very one. We lived on Gainsborough Avenue from about 1948/9 to 1959 when we moved to Royton.

3 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

Are you taking the pith?

Butterworths, all day every day.

Gotta be honest, I can't think where Butterworth's was. Gregory's in town was pretty good, though.

1 hour ago, johnrbrad said:

How shit is this site now. Logged on to find out about transfer rumours and only see a load of drivel about fish and chips

All threads shoot off at a tangent now and again and, as there aren't any transfer rumours at the moment, fish and chips isn't the worst subject in the world. Scroll back a page or three and you'll see how we got here. Join in if you want, it's all light hearted.

Now, who's got a transfer rumour? We need one to restore some sanity.

21 hours ago, maximus1267 said:

You mean next to the Royal, corner of New Earth St.  Yep that was a good un.

Also Small chippy, West St in lees.

I remember Chippy teas on fridays, always sent with a tin bowl for a Mixture with pea soup. Those were the days .

The chippy I'm on about used to be opposite the Friendship pub and used to be owned by Jack Taylor.Building knocked down years ago.

32 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Gotta be honest, I can't think where Butterworth's was. Gregory's in town was pretty good, though.

Harry Butterworth. Purveyor of fine food and a loyal Tic.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/8/news-headlines/61005/butterworth’s-owner-‘lived-life-to-the-full’

31 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

The chippy I'm on about used to be opposite the Friendship pub and used to be owned by Jack Taylor.Building knocked down years ago.

I know the friendship and lighthouse very well, can't remember the chippy.

Fond memories tho and being away from home for so long it's nice to read other posters memories.

34 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

Of course. Union Street. Memory plays tricks sometimes. Well, either that or it just doesn't work.

24 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Looking at a couple of players from Fleetwood who are after leaving the cod army :petesake:

What about those that are available at the Shrimps of Morecambe and Shrimpers of Sarfend? They could put us in a better pla(i)ce. :getmecoat:

Archived