Transfer Rumours

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I hear Sean Gregan is coming back tonthe club.....

I work with an ex premier league striker who says Gregan was one of the most horrible defenders he has ever faced. Could do with a bit of that steel now !!!

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

....now that is sh1t hot! I might do that darn sarf and wait for the look on their faces.

Edit: I'll also ask for a muffin!

In my very early days in London I asked for chips and peas in a tray. They were bemused and eventually brought me a big china plate

1 hour ago, Flemboy said:

Indeed he was.

Best chippy in Oldham was on Lees Rd  Salem

Most Saturdays when I was in

6th form and working at Littlewoods I used to drink in the town and then walk home to Greenfield as the last bus was about ten. I usually got fish in Salem and then chips at Maddens in Springhead to see me back. 

15 minutes ago, Oldham82 said:

We need 3 strikers doyle nazon holloway Davies all gone obviously we haven't any unless some youth product who is moving up to first team

Nothing in the youth as I've seen ready to step up.

2 hours ago, maximus1267 said:

I work with an ex premier league striker who says Gregan was one of the most horrible defenders he has ever faced. Could do with a bit of that steel now !!!

Gregan still pops into my local now and then. 

It's a fair walk to the nearest chippy from there. 

5 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

I'm 39 and remember the chippy on Sharples Hall St in Sheddings used to. You could also just turn up with a bowl from home that they would fill up with chips for you.

?

6 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

I'm 39 and remember the chippy on Sharples Hall St in Sheddings used to. You could also just turn up with a bowl from home that they would fill up with chips for you.

chips, pudding and gravy in a pyrex dish on a Friday.

22 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

I’m going out on a limb here... He's better than any striker, less Eoin Doyle, we’ve had since Porter. Baxter (first spell) not included for not being a 9. If Wellens had any realistic chance of getting him & the ladder was pulled up by AL - in order to pay the likes of Maouche £4K a week, it was a missed opportunity IMO.

Just my opinion Andy, every time I have seen him play I have been totally underwhelmed.

5 hours ago, mikeroyboy said:

Who remembers Lil's chippy Mills Hill. I learned my first Chinese phrase there when buying a bag of chips: who-waa-glavy?

Early 70's I used to wait up for my dad coming home from the Sailsbury club, on the way home he would call in Lil's for chips and curry, bleeding fantastic.

6 hours ago, BP1960 said:

1980s

The term originated from the fact after eating the fish and chips the newspaper was binned and you wouldn't see it the next day.

http://www.childofthe1980s.com/2009/03/12/fish-and-chips-wrapped-in-newspaper/

Newspapers and magazines were also used as toilet paper, we preferred the rougher Radio Times to the shiny TV Times back in the 1950s and 60s

Izal was the best toilet paper ?

6 hours ago, mikeroyboy said:

Who remembers Lil's chippy Mills Hill. I learned my first Chinese phrase there when buying a bag of chips: who-waa-glavy?

Dirty Lil's wasn't it? 

Then became the wonderfully named Lung Fung...

Is it still open? 

6 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Dirty Lil's wasn't it? 

Then became the wonderfully named Lung Fung...

Is it still open? 

No it isn't still open, but her grand daughters own an expensive restaurant in Manchester I believe. 

13 minutes ago, disjointed said:

No it isn't still open, but her grand daughters own an expensive restaurant in Manchester I believe. 

Sweet Mandarin.

The original restaurant was lost to the Triads due to gambling debts. 

I fondly remember Sam Settle's chippy at the top of Manley Road. Cracking fish and chips. Sam had a lisp and would ask "do you want thoup on your chipth?" The thoup obviously being juice from the peath. Good old Tham Thettle.

And no, it hath nothing to do with tranthfer rumourth.

Archived