Transfer Rumours

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

A player chose to go to Sutton Utd instead of here?

well that’s compounded the end of bank holiday weekend depression 

Perhaps as well we won on Saturday then.

Someone said on here he's a bit like Bamboozler so not a certain starter under Curle ?

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

A player chose to go to Sutton Utd instead of here?

well that’s compounded the end of bank holiday weekend depression 

He lived in the South East having played previously for Crawley so I’m guessing the location was an important factor in his decision.

1 minute ago, Inspiral_Carpet said:

He lives in the South East having played for Crawley so I’m guessing the location was an important factor in his decision.

Didn’t realise that but I’m sure if Man Utd came knocking hed uproot 

No I am not saying we are Man Utd 😛

Just now, Chaddyexile84 said:

Didn’t realise that but I’m sure if Man Utd came knocking hed uproot 

No I am not saying we are Man Utd 😛

I may have got it wrong as he played for Notts County after Crawley but you are probably right that he wouldn’t turn down Man Utd!

2 hours ago, LaticsPete said:

We played Steve Redmond up front against Stoke in a Cup Match we had so many injuries amongst strikers. 
We didn’t score. 

Don't think Redmond was very tall or particularly good in the air though, more a positional centre back.

14 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Don't think Redmond was very tall or particularly good in the air though, more a positional centre back.

He didn't have the qualities of a centre forward though.

Marshall was tall and quick which helped. Warhurst who moved up front at Sheffield Wednesday was also quick and technically sound.

2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

He didn't have the qualities of a centre forward though.

Marshall was tall and quick which helped. Warhurst who moved up front at Sheffield Wednesday was also quick and technically sound.

Quick and technically sound suggests Hart would be a better bet. Scored a couple when in the penalty area I think this season too.

Nothing to do with latics, but deserves a lot of coverage in my opinion. Willian, on 240k a week at arsenal, has ripped up 2 years of his contract. Not asked for a pay off. Not wanted to sit on it and earn millions. Just ripped it up for nothin. So he can go and play football at his former club for a 70% wage reduction! Class act. Proper footballer. 

24 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

Nothing to do with latics, but deserves a lot of coverage in my opinion. Willian, on 240k a week at arsenal, has ripped up 2 years of his contract. Not asked for a pay off. Not wanted to sit on it and earn millions. Just ripped it up for nothin. So he can go and play football at his former club for a 70% wage reduction! Class act. Proper footballer. 

I wondered this a couple of weeks ago when Messi was crying in a press conference because he had to leave Barca, a club he had been at since a child, brought his family up there too and his kids are born and bred in Barca. He was leaving because they couldnt afford his wages.

Watching it I was thinking, just stay if it means that much and take whatever they can afford, you are already set for life and so are your family.

But no off to PSG.

Archived