Transfer Rumours

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Think plenty would be interested but you'd imagine it takes a six figure fee to get him in this window so realistically only those two and maybe Bradford would be potential suitors at our level.

you think our owners would hold out for a six figure fee?

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

Think plenty would be interested but you'd imagine it takes a six figure fee to get him in this window so realistically only those two and maybe Bradford would be potential suitors at our level.

Because obviously they are the only clubs who could afford him!!

If he's going to retain interest from elsewhere he'd better start playing a damn sight better than on Saturday. For a star player he was dreadful. The better players in the league prove it week in week out. Saturday was nowhere near good enough. 

... and yes I saw every game last season, he certainly has quality but must step up more often for the sake of the club. 

1 hour ago, Stainrod said:

I thought he's lacked heart for a physical battle in the last few games. Whether he's fed up with this regime or not I don't know, but only occasionally is he coming to life.

Wouldn't surprise me to see KC drop him in favour of a work horse. 

You can bet if he goes to another club in our division though he'd tear us apart playing against us. 

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

are we talking about the same player?  Why on earth would Salford be the only L2 club who would touch him?

He isn't good enough for Champ or even League One and there's only Salford in our league who would pay the £150-200 we apparently want for him; maybe Bradford at a push. I was buzzing about watching him but have been so disappointed in the 3 displays I have seen him put in. Bristol and Colchester in particular had him sussed out. Still the first name on the team sheet but completely underwhelmed with what I have seen from the great man...

13 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

He isn't good enough for Champ or even League One and there's only Salford in our league who would pay the £150-200 we apparently want for him; maybe Bradford at a push. I was buzzing about watching him but have been so disappointed in the 3 displays I have seen him put in. Bristol and Colchester in particular had him sussed out. Still the first name on the team sheet but completely underwhelmed with what I have seen from the great man...

He's been nowhere near as good as he was last season. Far less of the running with the ball and trickery. Curle, and possibly Middlesborough, have tried to change his game to pass the ball rather than run with it. I watched the extended highlights yesterday, and nearly every positive action form us was from him. If he were to leave and replaced by someone inferior, what hope would we have of staying in the EFL?

26 minutes ago, al_bro said:

He's been nowhere near as good as he was last season. Far less of the running with the ball and trickery. Curle, and possibly Middlesborough, have tried to change his game to pass the ball rather than run with it. I watched the extended highlights yesterday, and nearly every positive action form us was from him. If he were to leave and replaced by someone inferior, what hope would we have of staying in the EFL?

I went to the newport game with boro fans ( family )

They said that Bahamboula has got skill but he is not a Warnock type player, he wants players who can do more than a few fancy tricks.

They saw him in a friendly and said he looked out of his depth.

58 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

You got the first part right but in League one he'd be first choice in most team's 

Easy to forget that he's still scoring goals in a team full of shite and that's got to be a massive frustration for him personally and inturn will affect his game the longer it goes on.

The players won’t be immune from what’s happening with the supporters.

They will be aware of the fans unrest and frustrations…..over the next few weeks it’s only going to get worse.

For me I would take 22nd right now as it’s it’s absolutely paramount we stay in the division although the football will probably become less important with every passing week

On 8/23/2021 at 8:15 PM, oafc1955 said:

They will be aware of the fans unrest and frustrations…..over the next few weeks it’s only going to get worse.

For me I would take 22nd right now as it’s it’s absolutely paramount we stay in the division although the football will probably become less important with every passing week

….they looked pretty immune from it tonight. 

On 8/23/2021 at 8:15 PM, oafc1955 said:

But they'll also know it's not aimed at them. They might even agree? Sweet Prince is at one with us.

In a daft sort of way because there is so much focus on the owner and brother, it could take some pressure off the players. They know the fans have no gripe with them. Many will pick their moderate wages up ( by football standards) together with any bonuses, knowing that they will be moved on at the end of the season.

10 hours ago, Barryowen said:

In a daft sort of way because there is so much focus on the owner and brother, it could take some pressure off the players. They know the fans have no gripe with them. Many will pick their moderate wages up ( by football standards) together with any bonuses, knowing that they will be moved on at the end of the season.

They'll be booed off again after the next defeat. Some like Piergianni have been hammered on social media. Let's not paint a picture that the team gets backed no matter what because it doesn't.

44 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

They'll be booed off again after the next defeat. Some like Piergianni have been hammered on social media. Let's not paint a picture that the team gets backed no matter what because it doesn't.

Two issues, which overlap. The protests against the owners are obviously not aimed at them. However, the frustration about the performances is clearly going to be aimed at them. 

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Rightly so by the way. We are bottom of the league...

6 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Think Keillor-Dunn looked a broken man after the first half at the weekend.  He's been terrible this season and he knows it.

4 hours ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Think Keillor-Dunn looked a broken man after the first half at the weekend.  He's been terrible this season and he knows it.

I have thought the last half of last season was a flash in the pan, he was awful before it and has been since.

I also think he’s let that purple patch go to his head, he struts around and flails his arms like he's ten men - and blames everyone but himself when he can’t control a simple pass 

1 minute ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I have think the last half of last season was a flash in the pan, he was awful before it and has been since.

I also think he’s let that purple patch go to his head, he struts around and flails his arms like he ten men - and blames everyone but himself when he can’t control a simple pass 

Never really noticed him sulking but he is going through a bad patch so should sit on the bench for a while if possible.

6 hours ago, SweeperKeeper said:

I thought he outdid himself last year and I was well pleased with his return but never watched and thought he was a good player. He couldn’t get in the Ross county team before coming to us and had been in the Scottish championship and national league on loan and neither had signed him up and that standard is so so poor. I think he’ll struggle to get anywhere near last years return or but happy to be proved wrong 

Archived