Transfer Rumours

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Exactly what I thought re Messi, should have just asked for the average first team salary. 

I'm pretty certain due to FFA rules, it made it impossible for him to stay. Even if he played for free.  

2 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

Shame but no point having players who are injured more often than not, the key is replacing him 🤦‍♂️

Agree with you there.

That's my main worry if Pidge were to go. For all his faults, he can actually play almost every week and midweek as well.

Most of our squad can barely manage 30 games a season.

11 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Where does he want to go, I'll give him a lift....

10 goals in 24 games, i'm not sure we have anyone else in the squad who has this sort of strike rate or the ability even to find the net on a regular basis. Granted he's injury prone but if fit he walks into that side. I'm baffled given we've struggled for goals he's not had a look in under Curle.

13 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Agree with you there.

That's my main worry if Pidge were to go. For all his faults, he can actually play almost every week and midweek as well.

Most of our squad can barely manage 30 games a season.

He might not be the best we've had but he's the best we've got. I think we might regret this unless we replace him.

1 minute ago, Emcee_Latic said:

He might not be the best we've had but he's the best we've got. I think we might regret this unless we replace him.

In my humble opinion it would be a mistake letting Pidge go, Zak on the other hand I'm not to fussed,but what do I know🤔

Ideally we need two strikers and a defender. Losing Pidge and Dearnley would be a massive mistake IMO. As would signing another midfield player. Pidge may not be quick but he's solid in the air. Dearnley hasn't really had a chance this season.

2 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Ideally we need two strikers and a defender. Losing Pidge and Dearnley would be a massive mistake IMO. As would signing another midfield player. Pidge may not be quick but he's solid in the air. Dearnley hasn't really had a chance this season.

My thoughts exactly. I think we saw on Saturday a captains performance at the back from Pidge, yes he's prone to errors but we have to remember he's a div 2 center back and no higher 

31 minutes ago, PeteG said:

10 goals in 24 games, i'm not sure we have anyone else in the squad who has this sort of strike rate or the ability even to find the net on a regular basis. Granted he's injury prone but if fit he walks into that side. I'm baffled given we've struggled for goals he's not had a look in under Curle.

The big problem with players like Dearnley now is our cap on the size of the squad.

He spends more time not playing than playing, and when he's not playing it means we end up with the likes of Blyth.

If we had unlimited squad size then it makes sense to give him time. But can we afford the luxury of a player who has never managed more than 15 appearances a season, most of which weren't even a full game?  Who plays all the time when he isn't playing?

Saying that, it would probably make more sense to let e.g Badan go to make space for another striker than Dearnley...

12 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

You don’t sell your captain to a team in the same League… unless you’re Oldham of course.

More disappointed losing Pidge than Dearnley who i think will end up at Barnet with HK..One of the best CB in the league purely on his aerial dominance 

Think selling Pidge is a bad idea unless its for money they cant turn down, but it wont will it, and they must have a replacement too.

Pidge has his doubters and I think most of the time the critics are being harsh and unrealistic.

We will see but nothing surprises me anymore, if we sell pidge today but AL says in the meeting that he's selling up for a realistc price then I suppose the its been a great day.

25 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

More disappointed losing Pidge than Dearnley who i think will end up at Barnet with HK..One of the best CB in the league purely on his aerial dominance 

Dearnley won't be going to Barnet that's for sure. 

40 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

The big problem with players like Dearnley now is our cap on the size of the squad.

He spends more time not playing than playing, and when he's not playing it means we end up with the likes of Blyth.

If we had unlimited squad size then it makes sense to give him time. But can we afford the luxury of a player who has never managed more than 15 appearances a season, most of which weren't even a full game?  Who plays all the time when he isn't playing?

Saying that, it would probably make more sense to let e.g Badan go to make space for another striker than Dearnley...

I understand what you are saying but Dearnley has been on the bench all season which suggests he's fit but probably not match fit. Only way he's going to get match fit is game time something Curle seems reluctant to do. I'm baffled why? Whenever he's had a run in the side he's provided something nobody else in the squad can do. Love to see him in a 2 up top with Luamba

Archived