Transfer Rumours

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

Think selling Pidge is a bad idea unless its for money they cant turn down, but it wont will it, and they must have a replacement too.

Pidge has his doubters and I think most of the time the critics are being harsh and unrealistic.

We will see but nothing surprises me anymore, if we sell pidge today but AL says in the meeting that he's selling up for a realistc price then I suppose the its been a great day.

Bear in mind any money received for Pidge will go straight to the EFL to repay some of the loan

2 hours ago, maximus1267 said:

I wondered this a couple of weeks ago when Messi was crying in a press conference because he had to leave Barca, a club he had been at since a child, brought his family up there too and his kids are born and bred in Barca. He was leaving because they couldnt afford his wages.

Watching it I was thinking, just stay if it means that much and take whatever they can afford, you are already set for life and so are your family.

But no off to PSG.

He offered to take a 50% paycut and still La Laiga would not sanction it. No other player would have even contemplated doing such a thing, especially on what will probably be his final contract.

12 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

While the move to sell Pidge is I think ridiculous, we do have Harrison McGahey who we have yet to see play for us to come in.

Is that the lad signed on a 2 year contract who is "injured"?

Pidge is an honest Pro who does a decent job at this level and excels in some games, as on Saturday...I joked to my mate that he was back at his level and loving it! 

He was loved at Salford but they (Neville) didn't think he was good enough to be part of a promotion push from L2....they may be right and can afford to bring in "better" players. 

If we were taking a similar view and trying to upgrade our defence then fine but I think we all know it's not likely and we will probably be even weaker at the back if he goes 

3 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Pidge is an honest Pro who does a decent job at this level and excels in some games, as on Saturday...I joked to my mate that he was back at his level and loving it! 

He was loved at Salford but they (Neville) didn't think he was good enough to be part of a promotion push from L2....they may be right and can afford to bring in "better" players. 

If we were taking a similar view and trying to upgrade our defence then fine but I think we all know it's not likely and we will probably be even weaker at the back if he goes 

Excellent asssesment.

38 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

He offered to take a 50% paycut and still La Laiga would not sanction it. No other player would have even contemplated doing such a thing, especially on what will probably be his final contract.

Didn't know that, ta 👍

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

There has to be some adequate replacements lined up surely…Pidge isn’t perfect by any means but he’s actually the best we’ve got. I sincerely hope McGahey is decent because if not we’re fu***d!!

What are the chances of that at this time in the window, without paying a fee? Any loanee would have to be free, which would mean an under 23 rookie academy player from the PL or Championship.

Archived