Transfer Rumours

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They have given up haven't they? They have made no attempt to bring in a manager/head coach just like they made no attempt to put together a 3 year plan. Its just a case of when they sell.

My only hope is is that a sale of the club is imminent and a new owner already has a manager lined up who can quickly bring in some players who he has already lined up.

But that in itself is wishful thinking.

1 hour ago, JTM said:

To be honest it was made all the bit worse by the chat with the lovely Sutton chairman. You could just tell this was a guy who cared about his fans. It doesn't matter how big your club is or its fanbase, if its run properly and connects with its fans you can achieve. Look at the likes of Forest Green, Harrogate, Accrington Stanley, Burton. We just need the right owner and it 1000% isn't these two idiots we currently have 

Quite right about connecting with the fanbase. I honestly thought I would never see a club whose fans were seen as a inconvenience. How wrong I was. 

3 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

They have given up haven't they? They have made no attempt to bring in a manager/head coach just like they made no attempt to put together a 3 year plan. Its just a case of when they sell.

My only hope is is that a sale of the club is imminent and a new owner already has a manager lined up who can quickly bring in some players who he has already lined up.

Saying they've "given up" suggests they tried in the first place.  They spent a bit when they first arrived, on the priviso that the first eleven included some of their shit imports but it started badly and has got infinitely worse.

Corney claims he had trouble finding a buyer - we now have owners who supposedly aren't even looking.  I hope these rumours of investors waiting in the wings to buy the club are true, because it's all we've really got to hope for.

I'm also not sure of just being a case of when they sell.  It's either whether a buyer comes in offering them a price they want or insolvency.

Definitely not looking good...

9 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Saying they've "given up" suggests they tried in the first place.  They spent a bit when they first arrived, on the priviso that the first eleven included some of their shit imports but it started badly and has got infinitely worse.

Corney claims he had trouble finding a buyer - we now have owners who supposedly aren't even looking.  I hope these rumours of investors waiting in the wings to buy the club are true, because it's all we've really got to hope for.

I'm also not sure of just being a case of when they sell.  It's either whether a buyer comes in offering them a price they want or insolvency.

They tried for their standards they were just useless but everytime they have changed manager in the past they have found someonelse quickly they haven't even bothered this time which suggests they've now downed tools.

Corney couldn't find a buyer for the price him and his mates wanted they could have found a buyer much easier and certainly one much better if they tried they didn't they were dicks about the whole thing

Guessing the next steps of these volatile morons is very difficult but the stakes have never been higher right now.

21 minutes ago, Handsy said:

We look like we going down for sure  I think administration might be the only way forward 

If our 'bottoming out' sees us at our lowest in the conference, we've probably done quite well?

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

How much will they come away with if the club becomes insolvent? I can’t see them wanting that.

3 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

How much will they come away with if the club becomes insolvent? I can’t see them wanting that.

Would of thought they would get zip debts go with the old insolvent club ? New club starts with a blank sheet 

49 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

I've no idea what their exit strategy is, but something doesn't add up. They don't want to sell, but they don't want to put any money (or effort) in to maintain it. 

They'd wind the club up before giving it away for nothing out of spite, I reckon.

6 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I've no idea what their exit strategy is, but something doesn't add up. They don't want to sell, but they don't want to put any money (or effort) in maintain it. 

They'd wind the club up before giving it away for nothing out of spite, I reckon.

That’s what I’m thinking. They’ll piss off at the last minute before the start of next season in the national league. We’ll have no manager, no players, skeleton staff. 

11 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

That’s what I’m thinking. They’ll piss off at the last minute before the start of next season in the national league. We’ll have no manager, no players, skeleton staff. 

On the plus side, Swindon started this season in a similar state to this. 

52 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I've no idea what their exit strategy is, but something doesn't add up. They don't want to sell, but they don't want to put any money (or effort) in to maintain it. 

I poss agree but not sure if he won’t accept less than a certain amount for the club why he’d let it go to ruins and lose it all. Must be money laundering and actually making money somehow from it.  No other justifiable reason why you would hold on now. 

3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

It would appear that we have all given up...

2 hours ago, L1onheartNew said:

It would appear that we have all given up...

I agree but we still have  time .Its now up to the players to do their bit to save our club since the owners dont give a toss.The players have let us all down as well .Our supporters are the real ones who count.

Archived