Transfer Rumours

l would be unhappy with the selling of Pidge. Now he has stopped launching it 90 yards for an oppo goal kick 7-8 times per match. One goal line clearance and two mega tackles per match mean absolutely nothing if you are the cause of them in the first place. Unless you were a fully signed up Guy Branston Brigade member, objective analysis revealed he was massively in the negative with his contributions, barely scraping above 3/10 literally every week. Whereas now it is churlish to view him as less than 7/10. Can be painful to watch his clunky, 100% focus concentrate hard now simple passes, but it works.

Absolute epitome of a solid division 4 centre back. 

Jesus that's depressing.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

Very unfair to tar Missile with their brush.

Not literally it was a banter post as I'd expect you to know that.

No he was better than them and he was one of the few "french lads" I'd put a tick against. I wouldn't say he was particularly brilliant, his career since leaving here reflects that ability. But he was a decent ball winner and will probably give you everything he might be what we need right now to help get us over the line.

44 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Nepo. Branger-Egone had his moments too. 

Oh yeah Nepo thats him liked him wish his free kick went in at Macc to warm my feet up!

Couldn't warm to Branger. lve normally got a bit of extra time for players who's game leaves them vulnerable. As a winger, it can be easy to hide if you get the ball a few times try and beat a man out wide but lose the ball. Branger never did that he kept trying and sometimes would show a glimpse, but it would come off maybe one in ten (Tune btw 😎) and that isn't enuf is it.

10 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Nepo. Branger-Egone had his moments too. 

8 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Nepomuceno

Nepo = Nepomuceno 

Similar to the following:
Pidge = Piergianni

Moyo = Bahamboula 

DKD = Keilor-Dunn

and then of course there’s the tried and trusted:

Stobbsy = Stobbs

😃

20 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Nepo = Nepomuceno 

Similar to the following:
Pidge = Piergianni

Moyo = Bahamboula 

DKD = Keilor-Dunn

and then of course there’s the tried and trusted:

Stobbsy = Stobbs

😃

Failure to read earlier posts rather than failure to recognise nicknames... 😀 

Placide was terrific for a while 

14 minutes ago, latics22 said:

ex players, suffering from the been out injured for 6 months syndrome. They turn into pele, till they come back.

Agreed. Sylla had very little impact during his time here. Physical presence, but in midfield you need to also (occasionally) score and assist. Same with Whelan, a good technical player, but rarely assists and never scores.

Why do we rate these players above the likes of Ben Garrity & Ollie Banks who can provide an end product and have a positive impact on the game and scoreline? 

1 hour ago, Sloshed Joe said:

Agreed. Sylla had very little impact during his time here. Physical presence, but in midfield you need to also (occasionally) score and assist. Same with Whelan, a good technical player, but rarely assists and never scores.

Why do we rate these players above the likes of Ben Garrity & Ollie Banks who can provide an end product and have a positive impact on the game and scoreline? 

Ollie Banks 😂

1 hour ago, Sloshed Joe said:

Ollie Banks: 3 goals in 51 matches

Ben Garrity: 4 goals in 39 matches

Mo Sylla: 1 goal in 51 matches

Callum Whelan: 0 goals in 66 matches

Hardly a massive difference, all got a worse scoring record than Pidge, McCalmont or Keillor-Dunn.

Doesn't make up for the fact that Garrity couldn't control a ball and Banks didn't put a tackle in the whole time he was here.  

At the moment, I think we need a Sylla style enforcer more than another attacking midfielder.  Not bothered if it is actually Sylla, though.

1 hour ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Ollie Banks: 3 goals in 51 matches

Ben Garrity: 4 goals in 39 matches

Mo Sylla: 1 goal in 51 matches

Callum Whelan: 0 goals in 66 matches

Hardly a massive difference, all got a worse scoring record than Pidge, McCalmont or Keillor-Dunn.

Doesn't make up for the fact that Garrity couldn't control a ball and Banks didn't put a tackle in the whole time he was here.  

At the moment, I think we need a Sylla style enforcer more than another attacking midfielder.  Not bothered if it is actually Sylla, though.

Stop applying truth and logic on OWTB you madhead 😂😂😂

Love Callum Whelan me. And Bowdem tbf. Good as a 3 w Cisse (or Missile).

Archived