Transfer Rumours

8 hours ago, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

You get better players by, as you say, selling a young player or two generating money to pay off the loan and bring in better more experienced players on loan than the youngsters you sell. It's not rocket science is it? Whilst these young players such as Harry and Benny would be good to gradually introduce slowly to a side that's not struggling at the wrong end of the table they and other more 'senior' players are clearly not good enough or mentally strong enough for the battle ahead. It's two of the loan quota used.

The flaw with that of course is Mo is doing the recruiting and we all know he doesn't know his arse from his elbow.........

If we pay off the loan money we are no longer under embargo and therefore not restricted to a fixed squad size or to a maximum salary. 
This would allow us to bring in better players on short term deals as well as on loan. 

The type of loanee we could get would invariably be an untried younger player who, as we have clearly seen in the recent past, take time to get used to League 2.

I agree with the approach of introducing young players to the first team slowly (I strongly advocated this in an earlier thread) and that’s what has happened with Vaughan and, to a lesser extent, Couto.

However I reckon that few would disagree that Couto and Vaughan are currently two of our better players. Being able to keep them here until season end would be a bonus.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

If we pay off the loan money we are no longer under embargo and therefore not restricted to a fixed squad size or to a maximum salary. 
This would allow us to bring in better players on short term deals as well as on loan. 

The type of loanee we could get would invariably be an untried younger player who, as we have clearly seen in the recent past, take time to get used to League 2.

I agree with the approach of introducing young players to the first team slowly (I strongly advocated this in an earlier thread) and that’s what has happened with Vaughan and, to a lesser extent, Couto.

However I reckon that few would disagree that Couto and Vaughan are currently two of our better players. Being able to keep them here until season end would be a bonus.

Not sure on this. Looks as though ALMO will do the season and they will def go before they sell up to make money. If selling them now cleared the debt and allowed a few players to come in to save the season I’d be ok with that. Chances of them signing anyone any good is very low though 

9 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

Not sure on this. Looks as though ALMO will do the season and they will def go before they sell up to make money. If selling them now cleared the debt and allowed a few players to come in to save the season I’d be ok with that. Chances of them signing anyone any good is very low though 

Absolutely - my post is predicated by the assumption that ALMO actually want to try and save us from the drop into the National league…

*gives head an almighty wobble

Both Cuoto and Vaughan have potential to become good players, staying here won't help their development, they will only improve with better players around them and moving away from this toxic environment. Remember Tom Hamer he seems to have prospered playing at an higher level, despite many saying he was rubbish. Good luck to both of them.

2 hours ago, hillside blue said:

Both Cuoto and Vaughan have potential to become good players, staying here won't help their development, they will only improve with better players around them and moving away from this toxic environment. Remember Tom Hamer he seems to have prospered playing at an higher level, despite many saying he was rubbish. Good luck to both of them.

He came from that level and he’s back there, it’s hardly progress. I don’t think he will get much higher 

5 minutes ago, mickjagger said:

Keeping Selim as manager what does that tell us?

If we had any hope of staying up we should have had players lined up to come in things are looking more desperate day by day.

Does anybody think we are not doomed?

Got to believe there is a hope, but it’s getting slimmer by the day 

Our only chance of avoiding relegation is for Couto and Vaughan to be sold in my opinion.

A simplistic plan would be to work out how much it is to pay off the loan, remove the embargo, pay someone like Michael Flynn and 3 quality players (CB, CM and striker) to come in for 6 months to keep us up. And then to go and negotiate that money from the sale of Couto and Vaughan.

Then put Mo on gardening leave and go to PTB and OASF to argue that the club has now put a short term plan in place to try and stay up, so the fans groups now need to do their part and have a massive drive for half season tickets sales to try and boost the crowds for the rest of the season.

Or we could just stick with Selim and a couple of frees coaxed out of retirement or non-league for £300 a week.

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Guy on Twitter says Steven Brown told him both the Chuckle brothers out of the country and not looking to recruit a manager as determined to stick with Selim 

Also said he looked like he wanted to laugh his head off 

This is me, I tried to chat to Stephen for a while, asking him many questions many of which I received a glazed over look instead of an answer for. I went there to protest today with a couple of mates, and managed to stick around until he came out, despite being told by a member of staff that he, nor any of the other directors were present.

There was a few young lads there that had got wind of a little protest happening, but to to be honest they didn't really help because they were trying to be hostile towards him whilst I was trying to be very civil.

I've been told by a couple of people on twitter that Mo actually is in the country, so I wouldnt be surprised if Mr Brown straight up lied to my face, or fed me false information on purpose, knowing it would go online and they could call if out.

I definitely should have taken my phone out to start recording but I just didn't think I had a lot of emotions flood over me and a lot of questions race through my mind.

He looked like a mix of caught in the headlights and wanted to burst out laughing, I couldnt quite make put which. He seemed intently nervous, but to his credit he didnt just jump in his car and drive off, he answered a couple of questions.

Conveniently though, he ignored questions such as

"Do you think the owners are doing a good job"

And 

"What will it take for the brothers to sell, and do you think irs acceptable that neither are in the country during our most important transfer window in our history"

And also

"Is there any sign of the EFL loan being paid and the transfer embargo lifted"

I also managed to chat with the extremely friendly, and quite ballsy to be fair considering he was surround by young lads, Sutton United owner. Now out of respect to him I won't reveal exactly what he said, but suffice to say he didnt seem very impressed that the game was called off. He was extremely friendly and amiable, and I would love for us to have an owner like him.

I dont really know whether to take anything of what Stephen said with a pinch of salt or not, just make of it what you will. 

17 minutes ago, JTM said:

This is me, I tried to chat to Stephen for a while, asking him many questions many of which I received a glazed over look instead of an answer for. I went there to protest today with a couple of mates, and managed to stick around until he came out, despite being told by a member of staff that he, nor any of the other directors were present.

There was a few young lads there that had got wind of a little protest happening, but to to be honest they didn't really help because they were trying to be hostile towards him whilst I was trying to be very civil.

I've been told by a couple of people on twitter that Mo actually is in the country, so I wouldnt be surprised if Mr Brown straight up lied to my face, or fed me false information on purpose, knowing it would go online and they could call if out.

I definitely should have taken my phone out to start recording but I just didn't think I had a lot of emotions flood over me and a lot of questions race through my mind.

He looked like a mix of caught in the headlights and wanted to burst out laughing, I couldnt quite make put which. He seemed intently nervous, but to his credit he didnt just jump in his car and drive off, he answered a couple of questions.

And 

"What will it take for the brothers to sell, and do you think irs acceptable that neither are in the country during our most important transfer window in our history"

And also

I also managed to chat with the extremely friendly, and quite ballsy to be fair considering he was surround by young lads, Sutton United owner. Now out of respect to him I won't reveal exactly what he said, but suffice to say he didnt seem very impressed that the game was called off. He was extremely friendly and amiable, and I would love for us to have an owner like him.

I dont really know whether to take anything of what Stephen said with a pinch of salt or not, just make of it what you will. 

Thanks for this, we really are going out of the league, we need to get things in place so we don't drop another level next season. 

14 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Thanks for this, we really are going out of the league, we need to get things in place so we don't drop another level next season. 

To be honest it was made all the bit worse by the chat with the lovely Sutton chairman. You could just tell this was a guy who cared about his fans. It doesn't matter how big your club is or its fanbase, if its run properly and connects with its fans you can achieve. Look at the likes of Forest Green, Harrogate, Accrington Stanley, Burton. We just need the right owner and it 1000% isn't these two idiots we currently have 

31 minutes ago, JTM said:

And 

And also

Thanks for your efforts. 

This guy’s appointment smacks of a cheap compliance box ticking exercise. 

They are either deliberately running the club into the ground or don’t care because they’re leaving/selling. Either way, relegation seems inevitable. 

I don't think we're going to get any new players in. If we were, it should have happened by now. We should also have had a new manager/coach by now if there was going to be any effort from the clowns. I hope to be proved wrong but I fear not.

No you won't be proved wrong. We will have no new manager, nor will we have any new players.

They will just brazenly tough it out, whilst showing no concern at all.

If there was any action going to be taken things would have been happening before now.

I along with many others have accepted the fact that we will be playing in the National league next season. And who knows, they may still be happy, with whatever it is that they are gaining from being here.

One thing for sure, if/when they ever do go, the club will be in ruins.

Archived