3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Where did Lang play? Any promise?

No he looked way off the pace but a tactic of hoofing it up to O'Grady who Showamni had in his back pocket was hardly playing to the lads strengths. Branger hasn't turned up for an away game yet neither.

I didn't go tonight and I didn't watch on I follow but the general consensus seems to be that O'Grady was shite, perhaps the 2 games in a week has done for him as I think most would agree he had a fair game on Saturday. The way forward may be to alternate the 2 big strikers, and play them with one of the 2 more mobile strikers. We need to work out the best way of getting to the top end of this league, only my take on it, but if you are reading this Frankie ?

Its 1 point more than I was expecting and 262 down to yeovil on a tuesday is good going credit to those who went thats dedication.

From what you are all saying from those who paid for the stream it sounded an awful game of football.

Edited by GlossopLatic

9 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

Easy drive, over corney fell onto the M6 and along the Bay Gateway 

Err, easy drive on a Saturday lunch with all the contractors from Sellafield making it a rat race in their works vans and me in my brand new Beamer,  I'll give Corney fell a miss, cant damage the new motor !!

Why is there no bridge across the bay, would make my life easier !!!

Saturday will be different than tonight, Latics roared on by 2000 tics, 3 points and a good weeks points haul.

Touch wood.

Just now, maximus1267 said:

Err, easy drive on a Saturday lunch with all the contractors from Sellafield making it a rat race in their works vans and me in my brand new Beamer,  I'll give Corney fell a miss, cant damage the new motor !!

Why is there no bridge across the bay, would make my life easier !!!

Saturday will be different than tonight, Latics roared on by 2000 tics, 3 points and a good weeks points haul.

Touch wood.

It was tongue in cheek, I know the area well as I head back home from Ravenglass with a famous Gosforth bakery pie in my pocket

Only chance of getting a bridge over the bay will come if ever we have the misfortune of another Labour government who will flood this vastly improving seaside town with fodder from Barra

That won't happen thank god!

Safe journey over Saturday ?

Just now, OLDHAMADE said:

It was tongue in cheek, I know the area well as I head back home from Ravenglass with a famous Gosforth bakery pie in my pocket

Only chance of getting a bridge over the bay will come if ever we have the misfortune of another Labour government who will flood this vastly improving seaside town with fodder from Barra

That won't happen thank god!

Safe journey over Saturday ?

Gosforth pies, now your talking.

Cheers pal

46 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

In fairness to O'Grady, he never stopped running all game and had no chance against those 8ft monsters, Miller was doing well until that booking and the rest is history.

Move on, nothing more to see here ?

He did as much running as Mo Farah - with much the same effect.

38 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Its the fans who went to Yeovil who deserve the medals.

According to my son who is on his way back we did OK against a team who will be tough to  beat at home and is happy with a hard earned point 

Edited by Flemboy

1 hour ago, latics22 said:

That was dross I want my tenner back! Could be worse , least I’m home and not in a car or coach with that clown top off! He’s a embarrassment to the club jumping about with his moobs out!

he's not everyone's cup of tea....but what gives you the right to slag off a young lad who is passionate about the club and harmless?   

£24 to get in tonight which is a scandal for 4th division level football and even more with the quality or lack of it served up tonight.

Lot of effort with no real purpose....said I'd be happy with a point at the start and a clean sheet is a bonus. 

Why do we all look so slow? O'Grady, Miller, Baxter just looked so lethargic. Gardner couldn't string a pass together, Baxter looked a class above and had no-one on his wavelength, not sure what Lang was doing out wide. Missilou had a cracking game. Hunt looks a shadow of his former self. Thought Clarke was solid as ever.

Can definitely tell the difference in quality, compare that to our performances at MK and Bristol Rovers last season and it's miles apart. 

Still think this side (without Baxter, Byrne, Dummigan, a goalscorer) is weak but then again the leagues weak. Expect us to be challenging for the last play-off spot.

As said though in the scheme of things a decent point when we've not played well. Morecambe (A) Newport (H) Crawley (H) the next three and surely we can get seven points from that. Even six will leave us well set after 7 games.

1.) The reason those 2 fans were on their own behind the goal is because one was the drummer, and strangely they wanted him to stop drumming after letting him in the ground with his drum. Yeovil had a drum too so a compromise was met and the drummer was banished to the open-air terrace. This worked well IMHO as it meant the drum wasn’t dominating the chants but could still contribute, plus it wasn’t down he ears of someone who doesn’t want it.

2.) Their giant CB (#6) is the tallest outfield player I’ve seen, according to wiki he’s 6ft6 but as he was a head taller than Clarke I’d put him at 6ft8. He naturally dominated in the air, but seem to tire easily and didn’t win half the number of headers in the 2nd half as he did in the first. Shame Surridge wasn’t playing as I think he’d have done well against him on the floor.

3.) Was very impressed with their #20 he was a very good holding midfield player and was quick to boot.

4.) Bar Miller I thought every Oldham player had an average game at least. Lots of 6s and 7s but few 8s or 9s. Missilou had his best game for us and was my MOTM, but the likes of Clarke, Taylor, Edmundson and O’Grady were all solid.

5.) Some comical simulation on both sides, one of theirs ran into Taylor in the first half and went down holding his head- no contact and the ref who had a clear view gave nothing and looked as though he was going to book their player. Second half Baxter went down before the ball and their #6 were anywhere near him, clearly not a foul but some of our fans were appealing for one.

6.) 260+ fans for a Tuesday night 250 miles away from Oldham is a fantastic effort. Topoff was his usual self but I’d rather be sat /stood near him than the drum, he’s mostly harmless but his exuberance will land him in further trouble- quite clearly one of the senior stewards told him to calm down towards the end.

7.) Very strange set-up, the segregation between home and away fans wasn’t properly enforced (lots of their fans used the toilets in our part of the ground). No bar, although IIRC the bar when we were behind the goal was cans from a table.

8.) Actually thought that was a decent 0-0 both in terms of quality of the game and in comparison to a good result for Oldham, funny how those watching on iFollow seemed to think it was dross in the most part.

Edited by rudemedic