There doesn't seem to an effective system that we play. I can't make out what we are trying to do, no link ups that work. Looked far too slow in the first half, no fast counter attacking. Just seems 90 minutes of attrition hoping something comes off.

Taylor, Edmondson, Missilou and Clarke all played well the rest were a crock of shite, distinct lack of quality in the middle of the park again and O'Grady was back to the incompetent player we've been used to for the majority of his games, fucking basics like finding your own players (including the keeper) and controlling a football seem to be beyond most of these, Missilou for Coke the only real positive for me, he covered every blade tonight and put in some really important challenges. Points not disastrous but these teams are there for the taking if we can just inject some quality. 

That was an awful game.  Two poor sides tonight with no quality, hoof ball and that's about it.

Pattison for them was a disgrace, couldn't look at him but he was on the ground.

Lost shape when Nepo went of.  No point playing Baxter if we are hoofing it to no one in particular.  He must of had about 10 touches second half.

Special mention for O'Grady, unbelievable how bad his touch was, got the ball muddled between his feet more than once, passing was tripe, shocking display.

Positives are we gained a point, defence looked solid enough, Edmundson had another good game, Missilou was more aware tonight and done well.  

MOM- easy, Edmundson.

I was concerned at half time against FGR. We didn’t play great on opening day, and then we sounded abysmal first half there. . But we got a point. We’ve since played well and won at home, and took another point on the road. We’re mid table and nicely poised. Win on sat, and it starting to look a  very tidy start to the season. 

If we keep picking up manky away points and winning most home games. We’ll be reet. 

5 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Yeovil panned Notts Co. last Friday and I think the general consensus was that Latics would most probably get beat, on a Tuesday night, a long way from home. They didn't, so that has to be a positive, no matter how crap the game was.

They'd not won in eleven before that though and County were rat shit, missed a penalty and couldn't finish for toffee. There for the taking and we start with two trees upfront.

5 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

They'd not won in eleven before that though and County were rat shit, missed a penalty and couldn't finish for toffee. There for the taking and we start with two trees upfront.

I couldn't agree more about the two up front. Inspiring is not a word that readily comes to mind. Still...a point is a point, I suppose.

Edited by Wardie

2 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

Cant wait for Morecambe now, driving down from west cumbria fighting bloody bank holiday tourists slowing our roads down !!!

Easy drive, over corney fell onto the M6 and along the Bay Gateway 

16 minutes ago, Macca said:

There doesn't seem to an effective system that we play. I can't make out what we are trying to do, no link ups that work. Looked far too slow in the first half, no fast counter attacking. Just seems 90 minutes of attrition hoping something comes off.

I think this pretty much sums up league 2!