Morecambe (a)

It's not lost on me pal, I fully understand the concept.

Imo he is poor because I feel he is a liability on the ball and in the tackle.

I would play Gardner and Byrne if available with Baxter behind a young fresh forward.

So sort of a 451 system focussed on getting the ball forward quickly

5 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

It's not lost on me pal, I fully understand the concept.

Imo he is poor because I feel he is a liability on the ball and in the tackle.

I would play Gardner and Byrne if available with Baxter behind a young fresh forward.

So sort of a 451 system focussed on getting the ball forward quickly

So your ball winner would be Gardner? Because last season I barely saw Byrne win the ball, albeit he can be absolutely brilliant on it.

Baxter behind the front man is a good idea, hopefully that will start to happen.

I think Fane could offer this side enough especially at L2 level. Undoubtedly he needs to learn and be coached but still think he could and will have a part to play once back fit

• Like 1

If C.O.G puts in as much effort and running as he did the other night I can see him having some success, although I hope Surridge is available. 

Another one to ponder is: Will Lang be played having been such a huge success at Morecambe and returning so soon for the opposition? 

Only Frankie has the answer ? 

1 minute ago, Ryan said:

Slagging off your teammates in your native tongue doesn’t exactly smack of good attitude...

I really really hate the obsession with awful footballers who run around a lot.

Like I said, this wasn't my opinion, simply quoting what 4 separate managers described him as including our current one at the meet the manager.

My obsession is not with a player who runs around a lot. What I see in Fane is potential, nothing more, nothing less and he has got to improve but I think he will improve and will offer this side something later on this season

Just now, unsworthlatic said:

So your ball winner would be Gardner? Because last season I barely saw Byrne win the ball, albeit he can be absolutely brilliant on it.

Baxter behind the front man is a good idea, hopefully that will start to happen.

I think Fane could offer this side enough especially at L2 level. Undoubtedly he needs to learn and be coached but still think he could and will have a part to play once back fit

I'm not saying your wrong it's all opinions.

I've played football all my life and always preffered a packed midfield rather than a two.... stifle the play and win the ball back by forcing mistakes and then have a little more quality on the ball when you get it back.

I personally don't rate fane but I understand why some would.

2 minutes ago, unsworthlatic said:

Like I said, this wasn't my opinion, simply quoting what 4 separate managers described him as including our current one at the meet the manager.

My obsession is not with a player who runs around a lot. What I see in Fane is potential, nothing more, nothing less and he has got to improve but I think he will improve and will offer this side something later on this season

He's a far better chance of that a league lower and he'll come good 

6 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

I'm not saying your wrong it's all opinions.

I've played football all my life and always preffered a packed midfield rather than a two.... stifle the play and win the ball back by forcing mistakes and then have a little more quality on the ball when you get it back.

I personally don't rate fane but I understand why some would.

That's fair enough. I was a keeper so enjoyed a midfield whether they had quality or not to do similar to what your post states haha.

I agree with trying to have enough quality to help you create and attack, fine line and a balancing act. 

We'll have to see but of course, like with any opinion I respect it and can see the flip side to Fane and see why fans are not too sure of him.

14 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

If C.O.G puts in as much effort and running as he did the other night I can see him having some success, although I hope Surridge is available. 

Another one to ponder is: Will Lang be played having been such a huge success at Morecambe and returning so soon for the opposition? 

Only Frankie has the answer ? 

you know that every Morecambe fan will be fully expecting him to score if he does play.

2 minutes ago, unsworthlatic said:

That's fair enough. I was a keeper so enjoyed a midfield whether they had quality or not to do similar to what your post states haha.

I agree with trying to have enough quality to help you create and attack, fine line and a balancing act. 

We'll have to see but of course, like with any opinion I respect it and can see the flip side to Fane and see why fans are not too sure of him.

I'd be more than willing to see him given a go, hopefully he could change my view.

I want whoever plays to do Well at the end of the day

2 minutes ago, astottie said:

you know that every Morecambe fan will be fully expecting him to score if he does play.

I reckon he won't, anyway what happened to this bollocks Bunn spouted about playing our best eleven week in week out, his weird team selections particularly away from home have blown that myth out of the water. Looks like we are heading to Morecambe who have the worst goal difference in the division not to get beat - fucking joy.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

He was right with what he said though, granted it's on another level but Makelele was always described as a water carrier.

He wasn't.  The only similarity (no, not that...) is that they play(ed) in central midfield.

Makelele was excellent at tackling, Fane isn't.

Makelele could read a game better than almost anyone, Fane can't

Makelele could mark players, Fane can't

Makelele had positional sense, Fane doesn't

Makelele could dictate the pace of a game, Fane can't

Makelele was excellent on the ball, Fane isn't

Labelling Makelele a 'water-carrier' is an insult.  Whereas with Fane, it's probably too kind....

I don't seriously think people are comparing the two as players, just that not everyone needs to be a Georgie Best or Bobby Charlton you also need Nobby Stiles types as well.

(Sorry about the Manure analogy).

As someone said when a teacher called him a clown, "Well we can't all be lion tamers Sir".

18 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

He wasn't.  The only similarity (no, not that...) is that they play(ed) in central midfield.

Makelele was excellent at tackling, Fane isn't.

Makelele could read a game better than almost anyone, Fane can't

Makelele could mark players, Fane can't

Makelele had positional sense, Fane doesn't

Makelele could dictate the pace of a game, Fane can't

Makelele was excellent on the ball, Fane isn't

Labelling Makelele a 'water-carrier' is an insult.  Whereas with Fane, it's probably too kind....

The comparison is RELATIVE to levels of football playing at. 

Another one would be Powell and Dack in League One to De Bruyne or Silva in the Premier League.

Also think you're being slightly harsh on Fane. Judging by that he shouldn't be a professional footballer, I presume you're on that wave length?

If so, then I really do hope he makes you eat your words come January and February.

Edited by unsworthlatic

27 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

I don't seriously think people are comparing the two as players, just that not everyone needs to be a Georgie Best or Bobby Charlton you also need Nobby Stiles types as well.

(Sorry about the Manure analogy).

As someone said when a teacher called him a clown, "Well we can't all be lion tamers Sir".

Did he go on to become a football agent/ football club owner?