Port Vale (h)

Lethargic - way too many passes (which sounds ridiculous) most of which were sideways - predictable play with what seems like a refusal to change attacking formation. 

Branger (totally left footed) pre season was getting up and down that left wing and crossing  - now is tucked away on the right - contributing nowt. Ffs at least switch him left for a bit!

I wonder if the team selection/tactics are completely down to Frankie? It wouldn't be the first time a manager has been undermined by our current owner...

Sheridan? No chance. He's already had first hand experience at the current owner's game plan...

4 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Would we have been any worse off sticking with him? Bury stuck with Lowe and are going ok.

Probably not. The Blackburn home game alone is a million miles away from anything we've seen with Bunn.

Edited by JoeP

57 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Would we have been any worse off sticking with him? Bury stuck with Lowe and are going ok.

Lowe didn't get them relegated, Lee Clark and Chris Lucketti did. 

There’s not been much so far to indicate that Bunn is a better manager than Wellens though (or Sheridan). 

Didn’t go today due to work but listened to it on ifollow and it seems I escaped another inept display. I was actually quite happy with the Bunn and Rhodes appointments but my high expectations are diminishing week on week.

They said they were going to put smiles back on the faces of both fans and players 

alike but that definitely hasn’t happened.

I don’t know where the problem lies, is it the players, the management, or the owner, or is it a combination of all three?

Whatever it is it needs sorting, and quickly. Lose again on Tuesday and the knives will be out and it will turn extremely toxic. For unknown reasons AL hasn’t been seen at the club for a while but with his hiring and firing style I don’t think he will be away for much longer, that’s providing he’s still interested in running our football club.

I myself at the time  was very suspicious of this takeover and I’ve seen nothing so far to change my opinions.

The people on here who said we should be careful for what we wish for are at the moment are not too wide of the mark. 

Unbelievably, the club it seems is somehow just as bad if not worse as it was at anytime under Corney...I bet he’s laughing his cock off at the state we are in!!

53 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

One look at today's team sheet and  I plunged into despair.

O'Grady on his own up front.

How can any manager think this is right a home?

What's more I think it will be no different Tuesday.

Out of interest, who would you have had on the team sheet instead? 

6 minutes ago, OneSizeFitz said:

Out of interest, who would you have had on the team sheet instead? 

Surridge, Maouche and Nepo.... but only one of them was fit.  

But if you are implying it is more the tactics than the players, then I agree with you. 

1 hour ago, Magic Mikey said:

If aLee Johnson type is any good, a Lee Johnson type fucks off.

Not necessarily, he may well be flattered by the interest the Barnsley slapper shows in him but he may also have A moral about him and get a taxi home rather than boning her over the bins at the back of the club.

Good old Leejay, that boy was full of crap.

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

But if you are implying it is more the tactics than the players, then I agree with you. 

Surridge seems to be a bit of a sicknote ( admittedly number one choice if fit )

Maouche is a joke

Nepo is a bench warmer because he is useless

Benteke as Nepo

Coke, see Maouche and Nepo

Miller, broken and shit but has scored

Today's starting 11 was probably the best available,set up and tactics all down to Bunn,lack of desire and ability players fault.

11 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I think in an ideal world you'd have Surridge and possibly Miller up front. But neither of them were available, so I don't think he had much other choice...

Though I would have started Nepomuceno and possibly moved Lang up top.

People moan that he didn't start another striker, but the only other option left is Benteke...