Port Vale (h)

5 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Match sponsors are Dan’s parents!!??

George all day long!!

15 minutes ago, welshgaz said:

Edmundson MOM for me. Marshalled Pope well.

Edmundson was also my MOTM, albeit from a poor bunch. However, after such an insipid performance I can't be bothered doing a MOTM poll.

:angry:

15 minutes ago, b0ndl1ne said:

Perfectly good shoulder challenge

Except it wasn’t. For a shoulder charge to be legal, the ball has to be within ‘reasonable’ playing distance. The first time I saw it I had to check to see if the ball was still in play, which apparently would mean it wasn’t a penalty, it was, just.

I actually thought the foul was outside the box at the game . Moronic challenge when they had no chance of getting possession. There 15 did it to ogrady 3 times in the first minute of the game but that was so stupid from Clarke.

We were crap again first half. 

Baxter looked a bit better but still a peripheral figure

Nepo came on and got some decent balls in but hardly anyone in the box to contest them.

Banger was awful. Lyden  I expected a bit more from but only his second game after a spell out but yet again our midfield was rubbish.

We are exhibiting the same traits as last year at the moment after a decent start that's disappointing  home form needs fixing not sure we needed another midfielder probably another out and out forward 

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Lang up front with Benteke.

Nepo in for Moauche/Branger

Would be more disappointed to see Benteke starting than O'Grady, personally. Haven't seen anything to suggest he's capable at this level. 

Think Lang is worth a go up top though; his pace might at least give opposition defences something to worry about...

7 hours ago, L1onheartNew said:

Edmonson MOTM by a country mile. Will be gone January.

Bunn is about as tactically aware as Hitler at a winter fashion show

Iversen - 7. Apart from two fantastic saves first half , had little to do.

Hamer - 6. Started slowly but grew into the game. Latics failed to capitalise on his superb long throw.

Clarke - 5. Poor decision for the penalty. Deferred to Edmundson in the aerial battle with Pope. Should have scored second half.

EDMUNDSON - 8. Man of the Match by a considerable distance. Tough battle with Pope and was a magnet for the ball in the air.

Hunt. - 6. Good cross for Lang at the start of the game. Thereafter had a steady game.

Lyden - 5. Looks like he could be  a good player. Not yet match fit. His injury record is a concern.

Gardner - 6. This guy is an enigma. Full of energy but consistently hits poor passes. One spectacular volley first half.

Branger - 4. Never really in the game. Rightly subbed at halftime.

Lang - 5.  Missed a glorious chance in the first minute and should have had a penalty. Played out of position. Needs to do more.

O’Grady - 5. Largely ineffective. He seems to play better when Surridge is on the pitch.

Baxter - 6. Has obvious class but his approach is too casual often underhitting passes. Great through ball for Lang first half.

Nepomuceno - 6. Saw a lot of the ball. One corner almost resulting in an own goal and a good cross for Clarke’s chance.

Benteke - 5. No real impact from the bench.

Overall assessment: another poor home performance. Latics need to play with more tempo and passion. Port Vale were as poor as us but they threw bodies in the way and defended well. Frankie has to get more from his team. 

Bunn has fallen into the same trap as Wellens which is to try winning games by conceding fewer goals than the opposition rather than scoring more than them.  No doubt you can expect any team to respond to a thrashing but that was another opportunity missed by negative play.

Clarke looks like he is beginning to struggle with the physical demands of the game.  He gave up on getting the ball and stupidly took the man out.

Gardener can never be criticised for effort.  I do wonder if the opposition are told to let him have the ball.  First half he started with a really bad pass but then kept finding one of our players so although Edmundson was our best player, having increasingly to cover for Clarke, I said at half time Dan would get it.  His passing was not so hot in the second half but at least he does try to shoot.

Our wide men couldn't cross the ball in the first half because the man on the right was left footed and the man on the left right footed.  Hunt managed a cross even though he has also to play on the wrong side.  Nepo crossed for fun but it all seemed too late.

To return to the questioner who asked a known season ticket holder if he was going to the game.  The answer is I go with my son via the Rising Sun and then afterwards to the Fleece and I'm beginning to think I should start supporting the Lilywhites.

Edited by Hands on
missing word

This myth about O'Grady playing better with Surridge alongside can we just put that to bed, he's shit offers very little with or without Surridge alongide and was a mainstay in a team that shouldn't of been relegated to the Conference last season. Have we actually scored when he's been the main striker without Surridge alongside? 

42 minutes ago, fleetwood Blue said:

Sounds like i was better off in hospital, sign of the times when i offered free season tickets for the game and had no takers...We are shocking on and off the pitch, ran at the top by an amateur and his negative influence at the club is passing all the way through the club.

I was tempted by the offer but you’ll have to do better than that mate. How about I’ll take the tickets and £25 ? ??

14 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Who says I don’t see them. He was terrible today too, as was branger, as was Clarke (for his stupidity alone), as was  etc etc.  I have Gardner slightly above Baxter in the terribleness table today.  That ok? 

Your motm too then? 

Edmundson

40 minutes ago, yarddogs said:

I think the main aim this season depressing as it sounds is to stay in this division.The away form won’t continue and that along with our poor form at home is a concern, thank God only 2 go down in League 2

Tongue in cheek, but if this is the aim, will someone at the club confirm it? It would save me a shit ton of money on away games as I won’t bother going. 

The sad truth is, your probably right though.

Just now, daniel said:

Tongue in cheek, but if this is the aim, will someone at the club confirm it? It would save me a shit ton of money on away games as I won’t bother going. 

The sad truth is, your probably right though.

Away games recently have actually been more enjoyable than the home ones ?

20 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Away games recently have actually been more enjoyable than the home ones ?

I seriously can’t remember the last run of home games i have enjoyed, our home form the past 5 years minus tuesdays must becthe worst in England. 

Saying that even away games have been shite this season in honesty. 

FGR was dire, lucky to draw.

Morecambe wasn’t great even though we won. 

Grimsby was about the best away game.

Swindon, terrible.

Mansfield, terrible. 

Yeovil I missed, but sounded pretty terrible.

Carlisle results sum our current run up, in the last 4 games they have lost to probably the 3 worst sides in the league in Morecambe, Grimsby  & Macc but in between managed to completely outplay us!!!!

When we play at home we only need 1 holding mid not 2 so either drop Gardner or Lyden.

Also don't understand Mr negatives use of Lang, he scored 10 goals in a struggling Morecambe side last season playing upfront, yet when our main striker is missing we play him wide.

Last chance saloon on Tue bunnyboy, same old shite & I will be over to the director's box  (if anybody's in it) leading the chorus of Bunn out.

Suffered 25 years of absolute boring shite yet nobody appears wise enough to think,  hey this negative shite isn't working. 

7 minutes ago, losesome said:

Carlisle results sum our current run up, in the last 4 games they have lost to probably the 3 worst sides in the league in Morecambe, Grimsby  & Macc but in between managed to completely outplay us!!!!

When we play at home we only need 1 holding mid not 2 so either drop Gardner or Lyden.

Also don't understand Mr negatives use of Lang, he scored 10 goals in a struggling Morecambe side last season playing upfront, yet when our main striker is missing we play him wide.

Last chance saloon on Tue bunnyboy, same old shite & I will be over to the director's box  (if anybody's in it) leading the chorus of Bunn out.

Suffered 25 years of absolute boring shite yet nobody appears wise enough to think,  hey this negative shite isn't working. 

First line is what gets me, like you said they've lost to three very bad sides yet outplayed us. This Saturday Port Vale have kept a clean sheet against us after shipping 6 last week ....

I have been open with my assessment of the Bunn appointment and have not changed my mind much, other than to be content a reasonable start to the season - that is not a judgement on the style or level of performance, but squarely the points total - but directly questioning Bunn's suitability 13 games into a season seems to me to contribute to the dire running of our town's football club. I do not see how removing Bunn from the touchline would benefit us as this fails to deal with the real problems with the club. 

Should we win the game in hand, we would rise to 11th place. Now, prior to the sacking of Wellens I considered a promotion challenge to be the natural expectation, however Lemsagam's  amateurish approach, the lacklustre appointment of Bunn and quality of the subsequent player signings - both owner and manager - left me expecting not much more than mid-table. I think we are where we both ought and deserve to be.

Reality, ladies and gentleman, doesn't half stick in the craw. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UpTheLatics said:

I have been open with my assessment of the Bunn appointment and have not changed my mind much, other than to be content a reasonable start to the season - that is not a judgement on the style or level of performance, but squarely the points total - but directly questioning Bunn's suitability 13 games into a season seems to me to contribute to the dire running of our town's football club. I do not see how removing Bunn from the touchline would benefit us as this fails to deal with the real problems with the club. 

Should we win the game in hand, we would rise to 11th place. Now, prior to the sacking of Wellens I considered a promotion challenge to be the natural expectation, however Lemsagam's  amateurish approach, the lacklustre appointment of Bunn and quality of the subsequent player signings - both owner and manager - left me expecting not much more than mid-table. I think we are where we both ought and deserve to be.

Reality, ladies and gentleman, doesn't half stick in the craw. 

My view is if you are going to be shit, at least try to be entertaining in the process, we are not even getting that.

Said it before and it still rings true, this is his only shot at management and yet he already looks and sounds like a broken man.