Tranmere (A)

Taking 33% of your home support away from home to a ground over 40 miles away just before christmas shouldnt be sniffed at. That said if we were top 7 I think we'd fill that end.

If we were to play them in the play offs we would certainly sell out.

Edited by GlossopLatic

21 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Taking 33% of your home support away from home to a ground over 40 miles away just before christmas shouldnt be sniffed at. That said if we were top 7 I think we'd fill that end.

If we were to play them in the play offs we would certainly sell out.

We'd take 5000 in the Play-offs

40 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Not sure if they could give us that many segregation issues etc

I'm sure they wouldn't. We'd shift that though.

The novelty of Tranmere away wore off towards the end. I remember them (last minute penalty) bringing a ridiculously low amount. 

There's been a bit of a sabbatical. Like you've said... Top 7 and we'd easily have sold that end out.

Edited by longtimeblue

22 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

I'm sure they wouldn't. We'd shift that though.

The novelty of Tranmere away wore off towards the end. I remember them (last minute penalty) bringing a ridiculously low amount. 

There's been a bit of a sabbatical. Like you've said... Top 7 and we'd easily have sold that end out.

We are only 152 short. Part of the reason why there is no POTD. 

42 minutes ago, Ryan said:

They only brought 1,250 when they were 5 points clear at the top of the league in November... 

Tranmere have shite away support.

To be fair they took 1700 to Crewe last week which wasn't a bad effort.

Edited by yarddog73

3 hours ago, Latics and England said:

Tomorrow will be the 20th time I have seen us at Tranmere. We have had a few years apart but to take those kind of numbers to a ground we have visited so many times is amazing in my opinion.

5 wins, 4 draws and 10 defeats suggests it isn't as happy a hunting ground as I though either.

Hats off to you.  To go to an away ground 20 times, especially as we don't play them that often, is some achievement.  Well done.

6 hours ago, Ryan said:

They only brought 1,250 when they were 5 points clear at the top of the league in November... 

Tranmere have shite away support.

We'd take 2k or close to it in the same circumstances now.

Seems weird to say it but despite being top and five clear at that point, in the long term the club was on its arse, we were fighting against a rising tide that season and Ronnie didn't have a pot to piss in but got us a brilliant 11 surrounded by literally pub level backups, once the injuries hit us we were gone. 

Nowadays even a level lower, the outlook for the club is so much brighter- new owners took over, rebuilt, changed outlook, a lot more hope for the future. That's reflected in the followings- we wouldn't have taken 1,075 to Stevenage, or sold out Morecambe and Crewe (with high demand for more tickets) even in that 2012-13 half season.