Tranmere (A)

Genuinely cannot understand anyone who says we settled for a point. We kept going at them right to the final whistle.

Also, whilst it was a monumentally stupid decision not to send that corner into the box when fat bastard was off the pitch, that’s no fault of Bunn’s.

26 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

Genuinely cannot understand anyone who says we settled for a point. We kept going at them right to the final whistle.

Also, whilst it was a monumentally stupid decision not to send that corner into the box when fat bastard was off the pitch, that’s no fault of Bunn’s.

Think you need to factor in having your top goalscorer on the bench until the last 20.

Moving your second best forward out to the wing whilst accommodating the prolific COG.

When and if the day comes where we see Surridge and Lang together with no Miller or COG,i will see a statement of intent 

The fact we haven't seen this pairing is Bunn's fault and could have a bearing on why we are heading for a 55 to 57 point and 15th place finish in a truly dreadful league.

8 minutes ago, archiecat said:

Think you need to factor in having your top goalscorer on the bench until the last 20.

Moving your second best forward out to the wing whilst accommodating the prolific COG.

When and if the day comes where we see Surridge and Lang together with no Miller or COG,i will see a statement of intent 

The fact we haven't seen this pairing is Bunn's fault and could have a bearing on why we are heading for a 55 to 57 point and 15th place finish in a truly dreadful league.

Not sure Lang and Surridge will work as neither can hold the ball up front or win the ball in the air.

However, If we play to their strengths in running on to the ball with pace that could make a big difference.

6 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Not sure Lang and Surridge will work as neither can hold the ball up front or win the ball in the air.

However, If we play to their strengths in running on to the ball with pace that could make a big difference.

Spot on BP, these 2 have pace to burn and as you very well know defenders in all but the highest leagues are scared to death by it. 

We have seen Lang and Surridge together but I forget when it was.

The point I think is that if we play them up front different tactics ie passing the ball rather than lumping it upfield will have to be used.  The teams in this poor division just love it when you play long ball.

1 hour ago, Magic Mikey said:

That reads like Banks felt he had something to prove against us, and succeeded. I'll add trying too hard to his list of faults.

All he proved to me is that he is the furthest thing from a footballer that has ever played either for or against us. And that includes Mcnulty.

46 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

All he proved to me is that he is the furthest thing from a footballer that has ever played either for or against us. And that includes Mcnulty.

Mcnulty is a great reader of the game, his positional play is good and he wins almost everything in the air..Although he looks like the average bloke you will see having 10 pints followed by a kebab i would say if he had looked after himself better he would have played at a much higher level.

I said this week that he would love a battle with Miller and the only way to get behind him would be pace and that showed when Surridge got through.

Ollie Banks is no better than players you see every Sunday playing in local pub leagues, lacks any sort of composure and is afraid of tacking.

2 hours ago, archiecat said:

Tilt that on its head and you could argue taking a winger off for a striker is a statement of intent in itself. If this argument that Bunn was "settling for a point" had any merit, surely he'd have been making defensive-minded subsitutions? 

Surridge got 30 minutes, having been out injured for several weeks, and with another difficult game on Tuesday. Given his injury record this season, it seems quite sensible to me to ease him back in gently.

5 minutes ago, OneSizeFitz said:

Tilt that on its head and you could argue taking a winger off for a striker is a statement of intent in itself. If this argument that Bunn was "settling for a point" had any merit, surely he'd have been making defensive-minded subsitutions? 

Surridge got 30 minutes, having been out injured for several weeks, and with another difficult game on Tuesday. Given his injury record this season, it seems quite sensible to me to ease him back in gently.

We were the better team, a fact acknowledged by a Tranmere fan on here.

Surridge if fit enough to play should be a starter,bring one of either Miller or COG on if he runs out of steam.

Edited by archiecat

5 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

First match since Crawley, didn't exactly leave me wanting more.

Police response at full time surely a reaction to the half time behaviour.

I dunno.  There was a policeman stood near me who was itching to arrest someone from the off.  Gave a final (and only..) warning to one of our fans who committed the serious offence of shouting "you fat bastard" at one of their fans..

46 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

And if we were a goal down on the hour and he brought Surridge off you’d be moaning about subbing our best goal threat....the guy can’t win with some of you lot!!

Hey think on, he signed the likes of Miller and GOG,their goal return determines how good a manager he is.

almost half a season gone and nothing to get giddy about.

It was in the interest of our safety as stated by the bobbies on the line outside the ‘Prenton’.  

We should have been kept in the ground for 15 mins after the game and the coppers I spoke to all agreed. 

Blocking off the streets outside was ridiculous and could have caused a major incident.

The commander in charge yesterday wants a major fucking for a complete joke of a decision!

4 minutes ago, archiecat said:

Hey think on, he signed the likes of Miller and GOG,their goal return determines how good a manager he is.

almost half a season gone and nothing to get giddy about.

He also signed Surridge ( probably the divisions best striker)  but I suppose his injury record is Bunn’s fault as well.

We are getting better every week and that was a very decent performance yesterday.

A team always comes out of the pack with a good run in the new year and with a signing or two in January that could quite easily be Latics.

4 hours ago, sjk2008 said:

I'm not a fan of short corners at the best of times but in the 95th minute that was inexplicable. 

The Football Supporters Federation's caseworker has asked people to contact her about the policing at amanda.jacks@fsf.org.uk, especially if you have photos/videos. 

22 minutes ago, rosa said:

I'm not a fan of short corners at the best of times but in the 95th minute that was inexplicable. 

The Football Supporters Federation's caseworker has asked people to contact her about the policing at amanda.jacks@fsf.org.uk, especially if you have photos/videos. 

I was a big fan of the fella taken out in the second half. Some mardy steward tried to get him kicked out for goading, so, as soon as the steward touched him, he hit the deck holding his face. Queue faux outrage from the rest of us.

The policing outside was just bizarre and a waste of everyone's time but it's the kind of thing that will happen when conference sides get visits from sleeping giants (🙄) such as ourselves, Wrexham, and Swindon...

9 minutes ago, ghostofcecere said:

That was always my impression of him, on paper has all the attributes to be a great player, but on the pitch he was absolutely hopeless.

It’s one of them levels things. FC Untied fans like him, Tranmere like him. This division is probably his upper limit as a 7/10 over a season, obviously making him better at each level he drops. It’s a cumulative, not yet properly measurable, mental thing in my opinion.