Tranmere (A)

Speechless. Incompetent to the extreme. Bunn got everything wrong today. Surridge had them on toast before they scored and he should have grabbed one. The fact Tranmere are in the play offs tells you everything you need to know about this league. Decent manager in charge and positive tactics would have seen us win comfortably.

The mindset at this club staggers me. Cheered off for a point when it should have been 3. We’ll never progress.

1 minute ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Speechless. Incompetent to the extreme. Bunn got everything wrong today. Surridge had them on toast before they scored and he should have grabbed one. The fact Tranmere are in the play offs tells you everything you need to know about this league. Decent manager in charge and positive tactics would have seen us win comfortably.

The mindset at this club staggers me. Cheered off for a point when it should have been 3. We’ll never progress.

I didn't see it. What formation did he employ?

3 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Decided to stick Lang out wide for the latter stages for god knows why.

As usual, mixed comments on Twitter. I keep reading a lot of angry comments about a short corner at the end when the Trans were down to 10 men.
Was Lang put out there to accommodate Surridge?

Obviously, I'd much rather Latics won but I'd also rather a draw than a loss.

Tranmere have a very good home record, they were also second in the form table over 8 games. The recently beat Lincoln and Exeter and put 5 past Crawley. 

Regardless of formations, performances or any other crying from certain fans.... it’s a decent point. 

Just now, kowenicki said:

Tranmere have a very good home record, they were also second in the form table over 8 games. The recently beat Lincoln and Exeter and put 5 past Crawley. 

Regardless of formations, performances or any other crying from certain fans.... it’s a decent point. 

OK so form is the only reason why today is a good point?

Not that we should have scored 3-4 and had them pinned down with a loud away end? 

Give me a break. Should be wanting to win. Not cheering a draw. 

17 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

"Speechless", followed by 76 (I think) words. Go on, then. List below what you would have done differently or, list everything Bunn got wrong. Why does Tranmere being in the play offs tell you everything about League 2? Plenty to have a go at there; have a crack at it. 

Thrown 2 points away, we were the better team by a mile whilst Clarke and Edmundson snuffed out any danger from Norwood.

Should have replaced Miller with Surridge at half time and ran at the two central defenders instead of constantly letting Clarke hoof it up the pitch to be headed back.

2 shots on target,one went in.

Played for a point and got it.

32 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

OK so form is the only reason why today is a good point?

Not that we should have scored 3-4 and had them pinned down with a loud away end? 

Give me a break. Should be wanting to win. Not cheering a draw. 

Can you read?   A point away at Tranmere will be a decent point for any team under any circumstances. I did say putting the performance, formations tactics etc aside. 

We we can debate the performance and whether we should have won... but even that wont mean it isn’t a decent point. 

Edited by kowenicki

don't normally reply to t*ats but KoG you really are a dick , Tranmere have the best home record in the division  and we outplayed them for most of the game , who do you think we are Real  Madrid . On another day we would win but it is still a good result , why don't you follow Man City! just think how happy you would be !!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rossy52 said:

don't normally reply to t*ats but KoG you really are a troll , Tranmere have the best home record in the division  and we outplayed them for most of the game , who do you think we are Real  Madrid . On another day we would win but it is still a good result , why don't you follow Man City! just think how happy you would be !!!!

FTFY. Ignore him.

18 minutes ago, rossy52 said:

don't normally reply to t*ats but KoG you really are a dick , Tranmere have the best home record in the division  and we outplayed them for most of the game , who do you think we are Real  Madrid . On another day we would win but it is still a good result , why don't you follow Man City! just think how happy you would be !!!!

Make your mind up.

However, yes, I agree: a good point. With Lincoln arriving on Tuesday, it would have helped us considerably if we'd have been able to hang on, but we can't expect to win a game in this league. We have our standard and we have to earn every point. If we can find a way of scoring the second game, we can have a decent December (Third Round of the FA Cup; perhaps nine points from the five league games) and be in the top 10 come next year.

Surridge returning is crucial.

EDIT: Goal, not game.

Edited by UpTheLatics

3 minutes ago, UpTheLatics said:

Make your mind up.

However, yes, I agree: a good point. With Lincoln arriving on Tuesday, it would have helped us considerably if we'd have been able to hang on, but we can't expect to win a game in this league. We have our standard and we have to earn every point. If we can find a way of scoring the second game, we can have a decent December (Third Round of the FA Cup; perhaps nine points from the five league games) and be in the top 10 come next year.

Surridge returning is crucial.

EDIT: Goal, not game.

If Surridge had been his usual sharp self we would have won that game today. He didn’t take is chance when he got it, simple as that. Can’t blame Bunn for him messing up. 

5 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

If Surridge had been his usual sharp self we would have won that game today. He didn’t take is chance when he got it, simple as that. Can’t blame Bunn for him messing up. 

Went with a Tranmere supporting mate who was really impressed by our performance. Yes we should have won but given our record there it is a good point and always thought they were going to sneak an undeserved winner as they have done a few times before against us

1 hour ago, rossy52 said:

Why does a team having decent form suddenly mean we have to be absolutely delighted to get a point.

They were poor, slow and devoid of ideas. We gifted them a goal and we should have made use of our dominance and won the game. 

Big moment when Surridge missed trying to round the keeper and 2 mins later they equalise. I was expecting a better Tranmere than that, which shows how shit this league is, because they were shite. Definately 2 points dropped, just needed more quality in the final 3rd and we should have scored another 2 or 3. Overall happy with the performance, but we really need to be winning games like this when we are better than the opposition.