Tranmere (A)

That was frustrating.

Last season I thought any one of us on this board could do a better job than any of the players. This season I know it.

3 constitutive passes a treat. A lot of hoofball. Inexplicable refereeing and just mindless play. A corner at the end for us played short, with their main defender off injured, resulting in possession lost evidence that coaching qualifications and experience are a waste of time.

A 1-2 move to send Surridge away at the end, the most basic of moves for the hopeless amateur, but beyond Chris O'Grady.

Bizarre that the passion from our away fans seems to increase as the team gets worse.

Think we should abandon the Man of the Match nomination and replace it with "Least shit". Today it was Branger...

And I'm not sure the game or result merited the gestures of majesty from Bunn at the end. We were less shit than they were... but still didn't win. 

Could be worse, though... we could still have Ollie Banks.

Edited by JoeP

2 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Speechless. Incompetent to the extreme. Bunn got everything wrong today. Surridge had them on toast before they scored and he should have grabbed one. The fact Tranmere are in the play offs tells you everything you need to know about this league. Decent manager in charge and positive tactics would have seen us win comfortably.

The mindset at this club staggers me. Cheered off for a point when it should have been 3. We’ll never progress.

Enlighten us; what would you have done differently?

6 minutes ago, OneSizeFitz said:

Enlighten us; what would you have done differently?

Despite him having a yellow, he should not have taken off Branger when he did. Miller should have gone early doors. Keeping lang central to then partner with Surridge who changed the whole dynamic of the game when he first came on.

I would have started Surridge, rather get 60 out of him than 30.

Would have liked to see us at least challenge for a goal rather than being satisfied and hanging on for a point. E.g playing a short corner when their captain and centre half has gone off with all of their men back behind the ball as well.

Resorted to hoofing the ball too much in the first half which their defenders dealt with most comfortably. Instead, when we passed with pace and intent their lack of speed really showed and we created a lot of problems for them. 

End of the day we should have won.

We weren't especially bad, but we were far from great. Thought Edmundson and Clarke played well, as did Lyden. They had periods where they looked a half decent side, but also had large periods where they looked like they belonged on the local park.

We seemed to settle for a point once they scored, which was most disappointing, but not as disappointing as being pegged back after the game for 30 minutes without any good reason...

1 minute ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Despite him having a yellow, he should not have taken off Branger when he did. Miller should have gone early doors. Keeping lang central to then partner with Surridge who changed the whole dynamic of the game when he first came on.

Would have liked to see us at least challenge for a goal rather than being satisfied and hanging on for a point. E.g playing a short corner when their captain and centre half has gone off with all of their men back behind the ball as well.

Resorted to hoofing the ball too much in the first half which their defenders dealt with most comfortably. Instead, when we passed with pace and intent their lack of speed really showed and we created a lot of problems for them. 

This is a throwaway comment. Admittedly the short corner incident was bizarre, but I think to question our attacking intent in the last 20 minutes is misguided.

I don't agree that we were "hanging on for a point".

If Surridge had scored his one-on-one at 1-0, it's game over; not a lot Bunn can do about that.

Always disappointing to give up a lead, but I think a point is a decent result.

3 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

We weren't especially bad, but we were far from great. Thought Edmundson and Clarke played well, as did Lyden. They had periods where they looked a half decent side, but also had large periods where they looked like they belonged on the local park.

We seemed to settle for a point once they scored, which was most disappointing, but not as disappointing as being pegged back after the game for 30 minutes without any good reason...

Gave away another daft free-kick which led to their goal, though...

Police were a joke after the game aswell, what was all that about? They cause more trouble themselves half of the time. The majority of us are just there to enjoy the game and have a good day out and we are treated like criminals at times. 

35 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

I don't agree with everything there, but that's a genuinely good post.

Anyone who has followed us for the last 25 years will know how tough it is going to Prenton Park. I didnt go but expected defeat we got a point so Im content. But anyone who was at the game and saw how the game flowed may feel it was 2 points lost, if thats the case Im even more encouraged because it suggests we more than matched the team who were 4th in the league on their own patch going into this game.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Guest Stanley30

are u load really this negative all the time? My rugby teams forum is 10 times better than coming on here. We are where we are and we need to get behind bunn, none of this changing mangers every few months. That’s the reason we are where we are !!!

8 minutes ago, Stanley30 said:

are u load really this negative all the time? My rugby teams forum is 10 times better than coming on here. We are where we are and we need to get behind bunn, none of this changing mangers every few months. That’s the reason we are where we are !!!

Off you pop then.

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

That was frustrating.

Last season I thought any one of us on this board could do a better job than any of the players. This season I know it.

3 constitutive passes a treat. A lot of hoofball. Inexplicable refereeing and just mindless play. A corner at the end for us played short, with their main defender off injured, resulting in possession lost evidence that coaching qualifications and experience are a waste of time.

A 1-2 move to send Surridge away at the end, the most basic of moves for the hopeless amateur, but beyond Chris O'Grady.

Bizarre that the passion from our away fans seems to increase as the team gets worse.

Think we should abandon the Man of the Match nomination and replace it with "Least shit". Today it was Branger...

And I'm not sure the game or result merited the gestures of majesty from Bunn at the end. We were less shit than they were... but still didn't win. 

Could be worse, though... we could still have Ollie Banks.

Well I definitely couldn’t do better. On another note how did the greatest player to ever grace a Tranmere shirt do?

1 hour ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

You are really quite annoying ! I won’t comment on your wierd down Boating of me(oh I did) are u a fat, ginger, northern, student , tosser( name that program) not you you’re too young !ffs the results have picked up! We’re playing more entertaining, attacking footall! And I’m sorry u want to go against a manger, physio and players own choice to play double the time he played get a grip! You are sometimes entertaining, but coming rapidly reptative and very boring.

34 minutes ago, latics22 said:

You are really quite annoying ! I won’t comment on your wierd down Boating of me(oh I did) are u a fat, ginger, northern, student , tosser( name that program) not you you’re too young !ffs the results have picked up! We’re playing more entertaining, attacking footall! And I’m sorry u want to go against a manger, physio and players own choice to play double the time he played get a grip! You are sometimes entertaining, but coming rapidly reptative and very boring.

God a I feel mean, apologies! But u do need to reign it in a littkw

Well having read this thread now I am home-some went to a different match.

I have had a great day out, watched Latics play really quite well supported by a fantastic away following who never stopped supporting their team, a great atmosphere in The Cowshed.

The comments from from JoeP, we played it around well today, not just needless pumping it up to Miller. No real weak links in the team- a good team performance. Hard to pick a MOM but probably go for Lang or  Lyden. Got to agree with the short corner fiasco at the end though when their central defender was off the field and we chose not to cross the ball. The O'Grady ball was a perfect header down but Surridge was not on to it, he does look a player though.

No way were we hanging on at the end.

Haven't read all the comments but bemused by some I've seen. 2nd best first half too much hoofball. Fortunate to go in front. We could not hold the ball against a powerful and organised defence. Lang ran the yards but totally ineffective. We grabbed a goal.

2nd half under pressure then we brought sturridge on and as soon as we turned them around they looked average at best butThey scored. we had the better of the later moments. Corner incident brain dead.

We played well defence excellent, lyden did well. Sturridge must be nearing a start.

Don't think bunn got a lot wrong today. They are 7th and after starting brightly we once again ground them down and should probably be disappointed we didn't win it.. credit to their keeper for that.

Ref a true homer missed a blatant elbow and blew up everyone we challenged for a corner 2nd half.

Keep playing like that we will be going the up the table. People finding fault for faults sake.

A good performance let's keep it up

3 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Why does a team having decent form suddenly mean we have to be absolutely delighted to get a point.

Well for the same, obvious logic that we'd be disappointed to not beat a team that were below us that were on an awful run of form. A point against a team in the top 6 that were on a roll can be seen as a good result/no disgrace even if we could have done more! 

I think you are also using your normal trick of exaggerating peoples responses to describe anyone who has been remotely positive/Not negative as being absolutely delighted.

It was a fair result, although if there was a likelier winner it was probably you. There weren't many chances, but you had the best one with Surridge and Scotty D stood up to him and from there we gained a bit of momentum ourselves and could have had another one after we scored, but we were dead on our arse in the last 5 minutes and you could have nicked it with a succession of corners and set plays but ultimately it petered out to the draw.

Ollie didn't have his best day you'd agree, he played on emotion and was trying too hard and let your taunts get to him. But that happens, see Raheem Sterling vs Liverpool etc.

Hopefully by the time we head to ISZ we'll both be bang in the playoff fight and there'll be a lot more riding on it than it was today. But after being 1 down till 70 mins I can accept the point. You do have some good players there, would have thought you'd have a few more points than that based on today.

1 hour ago, latics22 said:

Try again but in English.

I thought both teams were quite cagey in the first half and with hardly any chances we managed to go in one up..

I then half expected us to sit back in the second half and defend the 1 goal lead but credit to Bunn we kept pressing for a second goal, IF only Surridge had scored that 1on1 with Davies just before they equalised..Ollie Banks had a mare from start to finish which was nice to see.

Overall a good point which could quite easily have been all 3 and we eventually look like we are starting to click as a team..

The atmosphere was decent but it could have quite easily got out of hand after the match with the shite tactics of the mersey cops.

9 hours ago, planetarydeadlock said:

Ollie didn't have his best day you'd agree, he played on emotion and was trying too hard and let your taunts get to him. But that happens, see Raheem Sterling vs Liverpool etc.

That reads like Banks felt he had something to prove against us, and succeeded. I'll add trying too hard to his list of faults.