Tranmere (A)

4 hours ago, archiecat said:

Surridge if fit enough to play should be a starter,bring one of either Miller or COG on if he runs out of steam.

Most definitely not. It's the last thing you do with a player coming back from injury if you don't have pace off the bench. If he can only last 30 minutes or so, use him sensibly against tiring defenders and the same goes for when he can manage 45 minutes. Once he can do 60, then start him so that hopefully, he's done, or helped to do, the damage that will allow the subs to simply control the game. A little bit of slowly, slowly, and you'll have him firing for 90 minutes rather than being knackered trying to keep up the pace of the first 45-60 minutes.

7 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Most definitely not. It's the last thing you do with a player coming back from injury if you don't have pace off the bench. If he can only last 30 minutes or so, use him sensibly against tiring defenders and the same goes for when he can manage 45 minutes. Once he can do 60, then start him so that hopefully, he's done, or helped to do, the damage that will allow the subs to simply control the game. A little bit of slowly, slowly, and you'll have him firing for 90 minutes rather than being knackered trying to keep up the pace of the first 45-60 minutes.

Always makes me groan in my mind. They are basically saying ‘if he is fit enough to play 30 mins against tired legs then he is fit enough to play 45 mins against fresh ones.’ 

And they can’t see it.

3 hours ago, NewBlue said:

He has heart, is talented, physically can put himself about, yet he’s absolutely gash

It’s impressive, really

He was desperate to do something to stick it to us. If that 35 yarder had hit the top corner he'd have been running along the front of us screaming while his dad windmilled on the centre spot. Shame it was closer to the corner flag.

Edited by leeslover

7 hours ago, deyres42 said:

First match since Crawley, didn't exactly leave me wanting more.

Police response at full time surely a reaction to the half time behaviour.

They had had specific intelligence that our "risk group" (why they can't just say hooligans I don't know) had been in touch with their risk group and post match violence had been arranged at the Prenton Park pub.

I explained that I had chatting to a few members of our risk group earlier and their "specific intelligence" was inaccurate but to no avail... 

It was almost as if they weren't going to let us go until we all kicked off so they could hit their targets at one point.

They were way out of order all day, hopefully the club will contact Merseyside Police and take it further - is this something the Trust could suggest happens? 

1 minute ago, HarryBosch said:

They had had specific intelligence that our "risk group" (why they can't just say hooligans I don't know) had been in touch with their risk group and post match violence had been arranged at the Prenton Park pub.

I explained that I had chatting to a few members of our risk group earlier and their "specific intelligence" was inaccurate but to no avail... 

It was almost as if they weren't going to let us go until we all kicked off so they could hit their targets at one point.

They were way out of order all day, hopefully the club will contact Merseyside Police and take it further - is this something the Trust could suggest happens? 

Well we all saw how they “policed” the city game, no arrests ridiculous!

18 hours ago, singe said:

I suppose something had toe seen to be done to justify making it no pay on the day...

That was justified by whoever made the decision to limit the stand's capacity after Wrexham trashed it. No way could they have allowed POTD with 'only 150 seats' available. 

I think the HT fun contributed to the decision. But the supposed 'intelligence' sounds like a lot of codswallop. 

But kettling Oldham fans in one street is pointless if Tranmere fans are free to walk from one side of the kettle to the other. 

The club are investigating the complaints see https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2018/november/26112018-tranmere-rovers-statement/

That has a different tone to those used previously highlighting the bad behaviour of fans ahead of improper policing / stewarding. 

16 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

To their credit, they let a few of us with young kids through after about a couple of minutes, helped I'm sure by my pointing out that they were Tranmere, not Millwall.

Let's be honest we have a small group of dickhead fans...and we know who they are.... who are responsible for the rest of us getting tarred with the same brush.

Don't get me wrong I'm not defending in any way, the way these things are managed by the plod...just that whilst they are around we need to accept that we will all get treated as one. Guaranteed they will be there on Saturday giving it the big one.

21 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Let's be honest we have a small group of dickhead fans...and we know who they are.... who are responsible for the rest of us getting tarred with the same brush.

Don't get me wrong I'm not defending in any way, the way these things are managed by the plod...just that whilst they are around we need to accept that we will all get treated as one. Guaranteed they will be there on Saturday giving it the big one.

Absolute shite. We don't need to accept being treated like cattle for attending a football match. 

17 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

We have a grass in the midst. Out him

52 minutes ago, JoeP said:

So 5 arrests, out of 7,000 fans. 1 for cannabis, 2 for drunk and disorderly. And the 32 from Oldham only had penalty notices.
No video or pictorial evidence of disorder, just people calmly walking or a few upset by police actions.
It's not looking like it was  anything like serious disorder was in the offing.
And I'd class myself as a supporter of the police.

Kettling supporters outside of the ground,, denying them toilet facilities  by shuttering the away end exits behind them, and taking no account of  the more vulnerable, away fans, seems to be a bizarre decision by Merseyside Police to say the least. If they had specific info that things were likely to go off outside, surely they could have just held the away fans back in the stand or the concourse, as is normal practice elsewhere?

The impression I got was that the policing inside the ground was in itself excessive and led to tension being ramped up further than it needed to be. There will always be a few on both sides who maybe take things too far, but what I saw from the JK Stand to your left was the kind of boisterous atmosphere we have missed so much whilst down in the abyss, and little more than that.

I think Merseyside Police have some serious questions to answer about the kettling decision, which seemed at best insensitive and impolite, and at worst, potentially dangerous.

Edited by 24424

I was unable to attend on Saturday which in the run up to the game I was pretty gutted about. But after the post match treatment of our fans I can only be thankful for my non attendance. Treating supporters in the way they have only engenders a siege mentality amongst fans, it also harms Tranmere as a club, I would imagine if we are in the same division next season a proportion of fans will give it a miss. Treat people with respect and you will get respect in return. 

4 minutes ago, disjointed said:

I was unable to attend on Saturday which in the run up to the game I was pretty gutted about. But after the post match treatment of our fans I can only be thankful for my non attendance. Treating supporters in the way they have only engenders a siege mentality amongst fans, it also harms Tranmere as a club, I would imagine if we are in the same division next season a proportion of fans will give it a miss. Treat people with respect and you will get respect in return. 

To be fair, I understand that this kettling issue was a police decision, and outside the control of the club, but yes, it is potentially damaging I agree. 

Personally, I don't do many always these days due to some medical hassles I won't bore you with, but putting myself in the Oldham fans' shoes last Saturday, I wouldn't have been a all happy to be treated like that. 

Over the top policing inside the ground which screamed out they hadnt seen a lively crowd for a few years but IF there was a planned a scrap at the prenton pub right outside where we was walking out i am glad of the 15 min wait as i took my daughter to the game..

The cops seemed intent on making a statement and ive seen the footage of about seven of them jumping on one lad, we was shown a glimpse of how footy fans were treated in the 80’s with cops penning us in, cops on horseback and cops with there yapping dogs in an attempt to intimidate.