Tranmere (A)

3 hours ago, stevesidg said:

27 for and 19 against I think 

3 at home and 16 away which would suggest they've more of a fortress than Bunn promised us.

Don't care what anyone says if we play Miller, Lang and Surridge in a front three Mcnulty will be crying for his mum.

I didn't get a ticket and cant get to BP before Saturday so I called ticket office and they explained that you can buy over the phone and the ticket will be taken over to Prenton Park in the morning by the Latics media team for you to collect at their ticket office.

Oh, thanks to previous posts that threw this in as a possibility.

Edited by Witty

29 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Did he? Promise us? 

No

He believes making Boundary Park a fortress will help the side achieve their goals this season, starting with Saturday’s game against Macclesfield Town.

“We're trying to turn this place back into how it was and that's what we're trying to do and we're trying to get everybody together.” He said.

1 hour ago, boundaryblue80 said:

He meant at Prenton Park. Played 9, won 6, drawn 2 and lost 1 and only let in 3 goals. They're 3rd in the Home League Table.

Pretty impressive to be fair. Not played against Chris O’Grady and Ishy Miller yet though, have they

It would be abit naive to take one look at McNulty and say he is the weak link because he looks like the kind of guy they pulled out of the mersey clipper at 2:50 on a saturday afternoon because they were short. Im sure if he got into a foot race on a through ball into the channel with Surridge their would only be one winner but hes wiley enough to make sure he doesnt get caught like that otherwise he wouldnt be captain and they wouldnt be 4th in the league.

9 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

No

He believes making Boundary Park a fortress will help the side achieve their goals this season, starting with Saturday’s game against Macclesfield Town.

“We're trying to turn this place back into how it was and that's what we're trying to do and we're trying to get everybody together.” He said.

Its amazing how many fans confuse a promise with an aim. I don't think we've actually been made a promise ever.

Edited by GlossopLatic

14 hours ago, Ryan said:

It was 757 last time, even less under TP the previous year just after the Everton cup game - genuinely around 400-500.

We've never travelled particularly well to each other, it’s a complete myth...

Rubbish...I’ve been several times in recent years when there has been well over 1000. 

If we were in better form and up around the playoffs we would be taking 1600+ easily!

17 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:

I think we'll shift another 150 or so by close of play tomorrow. 

1350-1400 isn't bad but I was thinking this would be a fairly easy sell out in truth. 

Its a brilliant turnout...we are mid table,  have been generally pretty poor and it’s a 100 mile round trip, what the hell did you expect!!

Edited by oafc1955

15 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Rubbish...I’ve been several times in recent years when there has been well over 1000. 

If we were in better form and up around the playoffs we would be taking 1600+ easily!

We’ve took decent numbers when it’s one of the first games of the season or we’ve been sniffing around the top 6, other than that our followings there have been pretty atrocious. I’m not saying this reflects badly on Latics fans - the distance is severely underestimated by a lot of our lot, it’s as much of a derby as Port Vale...

It was 757 last time and even less the year before. Fact.

2 hours ago, Ryan said:

We’ve took decent numbers when it’s one of the first games of the season or we’ve been sniffing around the top 6, other than that our followings there have been pretty atrocious. I’m not saying this reflects badly on Latics fans - the distance is severely underestimated by a lot of our lot, it’s as much of a derby as Port Vale...

It was 757 last time and even less the year before. Fact.

Because we’ve been down the league or in poor form like I’ve just said...FACT!!!

Whoever asked about the National League, the standard is ABYSMAL. Utterly atrocious. It makes this league look like the Champions League quarter-finals. We had a poor side first season and finished sixth (one place outside the playoffs, although would have actually qualified us for them last year as they expanded it to seventh)