Tranmere (A)

29 minutes ago, planetarydeadlock said:

Whoever asked about the National League, the standard is ABYSMAL. Utterly atrocious. It makes this league look like the Champions League quarter-finals. We had a poor side first season and finished sixth (one place outside the playoffs, although would have actually qualified us for them last year as they expanded it to seventh)

I did. You might not remember this now.... :D..... but League Two is fkin abysmal compared to the Champions League Q/F’s of League One.

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

I did. You might not remember this now.... :D..... but League Two is fkin abysmal compared to the Champions League Q/F’s of League One.

It’s a fucking disgrace this conversation is happening! We’re the mighty oldham! Prem founders, league cup finalists, fa cup double semi finalists! We’re too big for this league! Disclaimer wine Thursday 

8 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

Cashback!

I only know this because I work with a Norwich fan who was proudly exclaiming his club were the only one to have achieved this feat. I promptly put him right. After collectively celebrating our monumental achievements, we quietly returned to our desks having discussed the fact Ipswich, Bury & Wigan had all won the fkin thing.

Edited by lookersstandandy

21 minutes ago, U.S. Blues said:

This is supposedly a one off due to a kit clash with Tranmere. Anyone know if they will be for sale? 

Apparently not. I imagine if there's enough interest they'll release it as next season's away kit.

We'll have to wear it at Colchester too, possibly Bury.

22 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Its a brilliant turnout...we are mid table,  have been generally pretty poor and it’s a 100 mile round trip, what the hell did you expect!!

Think I said in my post I expected a sell out.

Them and Huddersfield where the 'tasty' match for many years. 

It is a good turn out don't get me wrong, but 1500 isn't many for what a lot would consider to be one of our biggest/most consistent recent rivals. I'm basing this off our tremendous record too, taking almost 1k to FGR al be it first away of the season.

When it was initially announced 1500 tickets there was nothing but talk of additional tickets and 'home enders'. I think people are kidding themselves if you didn't think this one would be a fairly comfortable sell out

Edited by aaronoafc

22 hours ago, fleetwood Blue said:

A decent following that considering the shite we have been serving up this season

Valid response, I still thought we'd sell out despite being shite. Especially after back to back wins (albeit first half last saturday was atrocious). 

Lang and Surridge should have field days against their 39 year old Heffer at the back, though I'm hearing he's been a world beater for them this season. Surely Lang and Surridge have enough to run rings around him!?

1-3 The blues, Norwood will score.