Maidstone (A)

9 minutes ago, archiecat said:

If i get banned for being first insulted by one moron and then goaded by another  then fair enough.

Thanks for your input which is as always invaluable. 

Don't forget me. As well as this moron goading you, I asked you a civil question too.

1 hour ago, Millibob said:

Is there a totting up. You know after 5 warnings that's a one post ban or is it a Miller, red and you are off for 3?

I like it - is there a league table of bans, warnings or transfer to the Bin Dippers!:jailed::peepwall:

Nah. Ackey takes a disliking to you and waits for the fist opportunity to dish em out , for far less than you see from some on a daily basis. There’s a few trolls on here should have been in the sun bin many times. 

Thsnks AL

6 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Nah. Ackey takes a disliking to you and waits for the fist opportunity to dish em out , for far less than you see from some on a daily basis. There’s a few trolls on here should have been in the sun bin many times. 

Thsnks AL

There is more than one controller ....

6 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Used to be the brewery tap for Fremlins whose brewery was opposite.  My ale of choice when I first moved South

Wow Dave - you must be older than you look 👀  According to Wiki, in 1967, Fremlin's were bought out by Whitbread, who closed the Maidstone premises to brewing on 15 September 1972.

Discovered a superb beer yesterday named Plateau from the Burning Sky Brewery. So good that we went back to the pub after the game 😉

5 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Wow Dave - you must be older than you look 👀  According to Wiki, in 1967, Fremlin's were bought out by Whitbread, who closed the Maidstone premises to brewing on 15 September 1972.

Discovered a superb beer yesterday named Plateau from the Burning Sky Brewery. So good that we went back to the pub after the game 😉

Really?  I drank in there in the late 80s - was sure the brewery was still operating then.  The flagship beer was called Tusker.

40 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Wiki could be wrong...or too much Tusker may have done for your memory 😉

I think wiki is right, who'd have thought it! 

There must have been something in the pub that gave its history. Always used to be referred to as a pint of elephant which seemed mildly exotic at the time. These days it would just be a mildly unusual variety of craft beer.