Maidstone (A)

My comment was in jest. But when we go 2-0 up in the 85th against a bunch of cloggers who haven't looked like creating anything, you'd think it would be the opportune time to stick him on - makes a record; nice day for him; adds a zero to his transfer fee.

Just felt v negative for a bloke who has spent most of his career with u18s. 

1 hour ago, josh_latics said:

My comment was in jest. But when we go 2-0 up in the 85th against a bunch of cloggers who haven't looked like creating anything, you'd think it would be the opportune time to stick him on - makes a record; nice day for him; adds a zero to his transfer fee.

Or sensible, given the task in hand - make sure of our place the the 3rd round draw for the chance of a possible massive payday. 

4 hours ago, maddog said:

Or sensible, given the task in hand - make sure of our place the the 3rd round draw for the chance of a possible massive payday. 

Yes, this

i thought we were focussed and professional yesterday

As we were about to bring him on Maidstone were attacking and hit the bar from the free kick, we correctly held back the substitution for a moment and then the chance was gone and the game ended...Frankie’ did his job perfectly yesterday; right team selection, right tactics and we’re in the 3rd round

no need to look for negatives 

7 hours ago, josh_latics said:

Its not a big deal though is it?

The lads time is going to come and he should only be introduced once hes ready and in the right settings. If we were 3 up with 15 minutes to go then no doubt he would have got on but as the game was still competitive til very late it was never really going to happen.

1 hour ago, Ritchierich said:

Presumably he changed with the Maidstone fans......it was like a cubs and scouts jamboree in their end next to us !!

To be fair I thought they created a decent atmosphere yesterday, put plenty of League teams to shame that's for sure.

Really enjoyable game yesterday which we controlled and never really looked in any danger, Surridge not quite firing yet but I thought the defence was very solid particularly Clarke, Dummigan and Hunt both had their best games for a while and players are really giving their all for the cause, roll on Monday where we can either pull out a winnable game at home or a big pay day at a new ground.

12 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Couple of the Youth coaches have been raving about the young lad for a while now. They reckon he will go right to the top...

If a big side does come calling chances are he will be off. Sitting in a premier league 'stockpile' for a few years will earn him more than most of us will see in a full working life.

Isn't the question more ' what can AL do to avoid just getting token compensation ?'

Does giving him a professional contract give us more leverage- even if it is on a modest amount?

46 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

To be fair I thought they created a decent atmosphere yesterday, put plenty of League teams to shame that's for sure.

Really enjoyable game yesterday which we controlled and never really looked in any danger, Surridge not quite firing yet but I thought the defence was very solid particularly Clarke, Dummigan and Hunt both had their best games for a while and players are really giving their all for the cause, roll on Monday where we can either pull out a winnable game at home or a big pay day at a new ground.

This for me. Their section of the terrace was packed and very loud. Made for a great atmosphere. 

The Latics fans who who made the long journey were, excluding the usual suspects, on top form. Good noise and well behaved. Maidstone made us feel welcome and that only added to the day.

The Flower Pot pub was a superb little find - top class beer and atmosphere. A proper pub.

As for the game; we played within ourselves and were in control throughout the game. We did seem to play a lot in the air and looked slightly ill at ease with the 3G pitch. Job done in the end.

Hopefully Surridge will get back to his pre-injury form as he still looks off his game. 

Next game please...

10 hours ago, josh_latics said:

Reminds me of the way Penny treated Tom Eaves but now Tom is the top scorer in Division 1

1 hour ago, Flemboy said:

Reminds me of the way Penny treated Tom Eaves but now Tom is the top scorer in Division 1

Bit harsh that, I think Frankie had it right, he obviously intended to give the lad a run out but the situation deemed a little bit of caution. There are times when the manager deserved a bit of flack, this isn't one of them. 

4 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

The Flower Pot pub was a superb little find - top class beer and atmosphere. A proper pub.

Used to be the brewery tap for Fremlins whose brewery was opposite.  My ale of choice when I first moved South

28 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Now hopefully the mods will not show favouritism and you’ll get a ban. As Ackey is always keen on enforcing mine. 

If i get banned for being first insulted by one moron and then goaded by another  then fair enough.

Thanks for your input which is as always invaluable.