9 minutes ago, singe said:

The one thing that does not square up up (I am9 9.99% doubtful he will come) is that Butt said he was desperate to get back into football, Scholes was quoted as " I have made no secret I do want to get back into football in some capacity", he's on record that he applied las time , and yet he said Whether that conflicts with Salford I don't know the implications of that yet.  He's would surely know the exact implications as he  desperately wants to get back into football.

Maybe it just isn't the big deal that some on here need these things to be? 

6 minutes ago, singe said:

The one thing that does not square up up (I am9 9.99% doubtful he will come) is that Butt said he was desperate to get back into football, Scholes was quoted as " I have made no secret I do want to get back into football in some capacity", he's on record that he applied las time , and yet he said Whether that conflicts with Salford I don't know the implications of that yet.  He's would surely know the exact implications as he  desperately wants to get back into football.

Having read the EFL rules regarding “dual interests”, there are a number of conditions that apply and which would necessitate an application to the EFL to bring any such potential dual interests to their attention.  Some of those are quoted earlier in this thread.  It doesn’t mean that someone can’t have a dual interest, it just requires that the EFL need to be aware of it and give their blessing before the person can be appointed.  

Presumably there will will be similar governance and “cross-affiliation” rules covering the Premier League (Butt); FA (Neville G and P); The Welsh FA (Giggs); UEFA (Neville G) and FIFA (Beckham) for their past and present dual interests. Why should it be any different for Scholes?

Suggests to me that any approval of dual interest for Scholes is just a formality and quite possibly, until the confirmation is given by the EFL, the reason why there has been no formal response from OAFC or Scholes himself.

So, unless the EFL say “no”, Scholes doesn’t have to give up his 10% in Salford to become manager of Latics.

The best thing about supporting Oldham is the fan outrage at times like this.

Scholes hasn't even said he's not becoming manager, just that he's not willing to confirm if he's in talks.

And if it's not Scholes, so what? Most fans on here seem resigned that we won't go up this season anyway despite us still being  a couple of wins from the playoffs.

Sit back and enjoy the drama I say.

Edited by PlayItLivo

5 minutes ago, Inspiral_Carpet said:

Having read the EFL rules regarding “dual interests”, there are a number of conditions that apply and which would necessitate an application to the EFL to bring any such potential dual interests to their attention.  Some of those are quoted earlier in this thread.  It doesn’t mean that someone can’t have a dual interest, it just requires that the EFL need to be aware of it and give their blessing before the person can be appointed.  

Presumably there will will be similar governance and “cross-affiliation” rules covering the Premier League (Butt); FA (Neville G and P); The Welsh FA (Giggs); UEFA (Neville G) and FIFA (Beckham) for their past and present dual interests. Why should it be any different for Scholes?

Suggests to me that any approval of dual interest for Scholes is just a formality and quite possibly, until the confirmation is given by the EFL, the reason why there has been no formal response from OAFC or Scholes himself.

So, unless the EFL say “no”, Scholes doesn’t have to give up his 10% in Salford to become manager of Latics.

Waiting for the EFL to reach the right decision is asking a lot.

12 minutes ago, Inspiral_Carpet said:

I don't think the dual interest is the same. Working for the National Teams is not really a conflict compared to being manager of one team and part owner of another in the same League. Much more so in the same division playing each other for 6 points.

4 minutes ago, singe said:

I don't think the dual interest is the same. Working for the National Teams is not really a conflict compared to being manager of one team and part owner of another in the same League. Much more so in the same division playing each other for 6 points.

It’s the same Mark.  See Nicky Butt who is in a very senior coaching role at MUFC, probably more of a conflict than would apply to Scholes.

9 minutes ago, Inspiral_Carpet said:

It’s the same Mark.  See Nicky Butt who is in a very senior coaching role at MUFC, probably more of a conflict than would apply to Scholes.

I do see what you are saying, and I'd forgot about him being Academy manager and acknowledge it has been rubber stamped, but actual first team manager is another level IMHO. It would be a first, wouldn't it?
EDIT. I mean if Salford are a League club, as it stands today as non League I tihnk we'd get away with it. I doubt the FA would have robust enough rules to allow them  to consider the possibility of  hte season ahead!
EDIT2 They could even make him sit in the stands for the League games together!!! 🤣

Edited by singe

26 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

The best thing about supporting Oldham is the fan outrage at times like this.

Scholes hasn't even said he's not becoming manager, just that he's not willing to confirm if he's in talks.

And if it's not Scholes, so what? Most fans on here seem resigned that we won't go up this season anyway despite us still being  a couple of wins from the playoffs.

Sit back and enjoy the drama I say.

#Watchtheworldburnlads.

Enter stage right random foreigner who managed a French 2nd division side in 2011 and has been a youth coach at Nantes since.

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

#Watchtheworldburnlads.

Enter stage right random foreigner who managed a French 2nd division side in 2011 and has been a youth coach at Nantes since.

Someone better qualified than Scholes then. Excellent. 

Edited by UsedtobeWozzer
So

4 minutes ago, singe said:

I do see what you are saying, and I'd forgot about him being Academy manager and acknowledge it has been rubber stamped, but actual first team manager is another level IMHO. It would be a first, wouldn't it?
EDIT. I mean if Salford are a League club, as it stands today as non League I tihnk we'd get away with it. I doubt the FA would have robust enough rules to allow them  to consider the possibility of  hte season ahead!

I’m sure they would have rules in place for a review should we end up in the same league but they can only make decisions on the here and now.  There are several variables that may make that irrelevant.